Anybody going to the Rutgers game? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Anybody going to the Rutgers game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You said our hoops teams are good... I think you meant great/ dominant... Also, you act like RU football is on another map than UConn football... It's just not true. RU has won nothing in football, let alone fist pumping. It's also funny that RU fans think their stadium is so much better. Your program basically went bankrupt adding that addition. Before the addition, your stadium was a piece just like your state. We will have an addition once we find the right coach. At least at our "airport" we don't need to park at the RAC (High school gym) and take a school bus to the stadium. Keep dreaming of championships that will never come to RU. Bye.

Lol that's completely false. It's called taking out a loan and re-paying it. I've been to over 2 dozen stadiums in 10 years there are not many ranked below you in my eyes. You will never have an addition. I posted that info a few days ago in another thread. Our attendance has grown 80% since you became a D1 program. Your attendance has sunk 6%. Your plateau is 40k and that's fine. Ours is probably 60-70k if we are competitive in the B1G East. I don't park at the RAC at our stadium. I'm not a poor so I have parking close by. We have plenty of parking near our stadium compared to many other schools, I suggest you actually visit them to find out and stop living in fantasy land on "the-boneyard"

Reaction Score
What a loser.

Edit: Did you just claim to be a top 25 program? LOL.

Truth hurts I guess. I also said "when we are a top 25 program". You don't have to respond to every single thing spoken about UCONN you know. Sometimes its better to say nothing.

Reaction Score
Truth hurts I guess. I also said "when we are a top 25 program". You don't have to respond to every single thing spoken about UCONN you know. Sometimes its better to say nothing.

Buddy I don't get too emotional about it. I graduated from UConn, have a good job, buy season tickets, go to an away game, made most of our bowl games.........

The day you find me on the RU board thumping my chest like an idiot....you can call me a loser and I'd deserve it. Which one applies to you:

A) Lonely
B) Doesn't have much going on
C) Insecure
D) All of the above

Reaction Score
Lol that's completely false. It's called taking out a loan and re-paying it. I've been to over 2 dozen stadiums in 10 years there are not many ranked below you in my eyes. You will never have an addition. I posted that info a few days ago in another thread. Our attendance has grown 80% since you became a D1 program. Your attendance has sunk 6%. Your plateau is 40k and that's fine. Ours is probably 60-70k if we are competitive in the B1G East. I don't park at the RAC at our stadium. I'm not a poor so I have parking close by. We have plenty of parking near our stadium compared to many other schools, I suggest you actually visit them to find out and stop living in fantasy land on "the-boneyard"

Fantasy land? I believe you guys are in fantasy land claiming you "will be" this and "will be" that. Do it first. Win something other than a few games. Try beating FDU or something while at it. You .

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I really can't wait for this week to be over.....this game isn't a rivalry anymore because fans from both programs can't have any banter back and forth other than, we're in the B1G and your not. We're the same way saying you suck and just got lucky back to RU fans. In my opinion, a rivalry needs to be about the game as well as hatred for the fan base. This has turned into a waste. Once UConn gets into a viable conference maybe we'll play again but I'd guess that if we went to the ACC then we'd have absolutely zero need for RU anymore because we'd get BC back and that's our true rival.

Saturday can't come soon enough and then all the RU fans can slink back into their waste hole.

Reaction Score

Just how boring must one's life be before he or she starts trolling another school's athletic boards?

Reaction Score
Fantasy land? I believe you guys are in fantasy land claiming you "will be" this and "will be" that. Do it first. Win something other than a few games. Try beating FDU or something while at it. You .

I kid you not and could probably dig up the threads too if I had the time but you guys didn't believe that we would make the BigTen. RU fans had their bags packed ready to go back in late 2009. We constantly kept saying it but you used the same logic being in denial ("Rutgirls aren't getting a bigten invite because they bring nothing to the table blah blah blah"). Yet, we still got in. Now you moved on to the next thing saying we'll be a bottom dweller blah blah blah. No way is that happening.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coach Flood said:
I kid you not and could probably dig up the threads too if I had the time but you guys didn't believe that we would make the BigTen. RU fans had their bags packed ready to go back in late 2009. We constantly kept saying it but you used the same logic being in denial ("Rutgirls aren't getting a bigten invite because they bring nothing to the table blah blah blah"). Yet, we still got in. Now you moved on to the next thing saying we'll be a bottom dweller blah blah blah. No way is that happening.

You couldn't win in the Big East or AAC.. but you are going to win in the Big 10 after the other schools pick Jersey clean? Sure thing.

Reaction Score
Just how boring must one's life be before he or she starts trolling another school's athletic boards?

It's called being a passionate fan. It's fun, you should try it.
You couldn't win in the Big East or AAC.. but you are going to win in the Big 10 after the other schools pick Jersey clean? Sure thing.

Dude, you guys almost beat Michigan and you're one of the worst teams in college football. Not trying to be a d*** but think about it.

Rutgers is going to clean up in NY and CT when it comes to the recruits. We should be able to land anybody that has committed to you. Fuchs just switched sides 2 weeks ago even though our team is in disarray.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coach Flood said:

Dude, you guys almost beat Michigan and you're one of the worst teams in college football. Not trying to be a d*** but think about it.

Oh UConn almost beat a mediocre Michigan team. Therefore Rutgers is going to win more in the Big Ten than in the Big East. Solid reasoning there. Did you suffer any concussions this week?

Yeah Rutgers is going to clean up in Connecticut. The evidence being a player who isn't from Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Oh UConn almost beat a mediocre Michigan team. Therefore Rutgers is going to win more in the Big Ten than in the Big East. Solid reasoning there. Did you suffer any concussions this week?

So according to your arguments, we should just fold our football program and decline the invite? Hell, why even bother joining the BigTen. We should give up the spot to an elite program like UCONN!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coach Flood said:
So according to your arguments, we should just fold our football program and decline the invite? Hell, why even bother joining the BigTen. We should give up the spot to an elite program like UCONN!

No jacka**. What you should do is be thankful you got invited and enjoy it. What you should stop doing is pretending there is a single piece of evidence that Rutgers is going to win anything in the Big 10.

Now they might, who knows what the future holds but based on historical performances you'd be wise to keep your mouth shut until it actually happens.

For God's sake they are barely favored against a UConn team so bad they fired the coach after 4 games and are only going to be bowl eligible because the AAC is putrid and they probably win one of the last two.

If you look at athletic achievement there is not a case that Rutgers should be in a better league than UConn. So your idiotic pretending that there is grows tiresome.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is going to clean up in NY and CT when it comes to the recruits. We should be able to land anybody that has committed to you. Fuchs just switched sides 2 weeks ago even though our team is in disarray.
He switched because he wants to play for your crappy basketball program. UConn is much bigger amongst the youth in CT than you think.

I am also doing the best I can to sabotage the image of Rutgers football with gridiron football historians and on other message boards!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No, we just think you should realize your invite was simply because of your proximity to lots of televisions and absolutely nothing else. Rutgers athletics are a generational embarrassment. If we can agree to that I will have no argument with you. You're the proverbial guy who was born on third base and thinks had hit a triple.

Reaction Score
He switched because he wants to play for your crappy basketball program. UConn is much bigger amongst the youth in CT than you think.

Good luck keeping them in state with a soon to be football powerhouse in your backyard.

Reaction Score
Good luck keeping them in state with a soon to be football powerhouse in your backyard.
All dreams. Just like the idea that Rutgers vs Princeton in 1869 was the first football game.

Reaction Score

I think you're confused as to what being a passionate fan is all about. Since you went to Rutgers, this is understandable.

You've dropped 141 posts on this board in the last five months. That's 0.92 posts per day, or 13 posts every two weeks.

Reaction Score
I think you're confused as to what being a passionate fan is all about. Since you went to Rutgers, this is understandable.

You've dropped 141 posts on this board in the last five months. That's 0.92 posts per day, or 13 posts every two weeks.

Or 100 posts in the last few days.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coach Flood said:

Dipsh!t they have never stayed. You are the one that needs luck now that Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin look more attractive to NJ players.

Reaction Score
So are you guys rooting for or against Rutgers once BigTen play starts? If RU does poorly then Delaney won't make the same mistake of adding perhaps another northeastern school. If RU does well then they might think about bringing you onboard.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
So are you guys rooting for or against Rutgers once BigTen play starts? If RU does poorly then Delaney won't make the same mistake of adding perhaps another northeastern school. If RU does well then they might think about bringing you onboard.
Neither, we are utterly ambivalent about you as always.

Reaction Score
RU's performance is irrelevant. We'd still be the market between NYC and Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom