Anybody else up for an alt UCONN uniform? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anybody else up for an alt UCONN uniform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still kinda dig this helmet, even if it were for just a game or two (but they would need to make the blue a slightly darker blue to match our "national flag" blue):

View attachment 1090
By the way Dan, I stole this for my avatar during the football season.
Thanks!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just keep the husky off the helmet and you can't go wrong.

I like the idea of all black with blue trim, similar to our all blacks last year.

10125989-standard.jpg

And I know it may be hard for you guys to accept since you have had more tangible success in football, but I believe to most people RU football is seen as being above UCONN football.

these unis are good. uconn should do the same with the block c and everything blue with white outline. hmm i think that's what i wrote earlier in this thread. get it done warde!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
By the way Dan, I stole this for my avatar during the football season.
Thanks!

Love it. When I stole it from Nike, I didn't reference them, so you are one step better than me!

CL82

Reaction Score
these unis are good. uconn should do the same with the block c and everything blue with white outline. hmm i think that's what i wrote earlier in this thread. get it done warde!

I have to admit, those unis do look good. Doing it all in Nat. Flag Blue and add the Husky helmet in the same blue, but make the dog chrome, numbers in white and the block C on the hip would get my vote.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I have to admit, those unis do look good. Doing it all in Nat. Flag Blue and add the Husky helmet in the same blue, but make the dog chrome, numbers in white and the block C on the hip would get my vote.

I liked the sound of it all. I would even be willing to look at that helmet with the Husky as white instead of chrome, but I think that with the "all dark" uniform, the white helmet might stand out like a sore thumb. And the fact that I am posting so much on this topic means that my wife has forced me to watch way too much Lifetime Network...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
wvu board has a great thread. look at all of those. some are great some aren't but its painfully obvious we need to join the club and jump off the bridge with everyone else.

I hate to say it, Dan, but half of them look like crap and the other half that look good are the schools that stayed true to their colors. That's why I'd be in favor of a "national flag blue" version of whatever concept jersey they came up with. It doesn't have to be black to be cool, by the way. Notre Dame, Texas, Alabama, and Oklahoma figured that out a long time ago...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-i like baylors spraypaint green helmets. i wish we could do that in blue.
-can we get sick gloves with the husky dog logo on them
-i want the husky dog on our pants like the gator for florida
-3 combos of blue white and black is what i think we need.
-check out the mizzu black helmets. think husky dog aggressive new logo one day? ok thats a stretch

Reaction Score
As I said before, white helmet, and now add grey gloves with white block C and grey pants, throw in some national flag blue and white, those would be sweet uni's.

On a side note, jonathan needs a make over, show some fangs or a snarl, the happy face husky just doesn't do it for me.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
How about we stick with the Block C and current uniforms until they are both recognizable to the general public as being representative of The University of Connecticut?

Do we really need "alternative" uniforms when we're still striving to create traditions in our current ones?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
people will notice those because they will notice the new or different special ones and say, hmm wonder what the other jerseys they have are.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
people will notice those because they will notice the new or different special ones and say, hmm wonder what the other jerseys they have are.

Love ya, HFD but you're kidding with that, right? Are you sure you didn't go to Rutgers?

It's late, grab your helmet and put away your crayons. Time for bed.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Love ya, HFD but you're kidding with that, right? Are you sure you didn't go to Rutgers?

It's late, grab your helmet and put away your crayons. Time for bed.

That is completely condescending! HFD always has his helmet on! Safety first... :p

CL82

Reaction Score
How about we stick with the Block C and current uniforms until they are both recognizable to the general public as being representative of The University of Connecticut?

Do we really need "alternative" uniforms when we're still striving to create traditions in our current ones?

Agree somewhat, but the "tradition" of the block C started with FUCRE, so it's not all that sacrosanct. The point of an alternative uniforms is to create buzz so you have change this up a bit. The Husky helmet with the box C on the on the uni pants seems like a good balance.

Reaction Score
Agree somewhat, but the "tradition" of the block C started with FUCRE, so it's not all that sacrosanct. The point of an alternative uniforms is to create buzz so you have change this up a bit. The Husky helmet with the box C on the on the uni pants seems like a good balance.
While Edsall may have brought it back out of disuse, the Block C goes way back.

If I wasn't in a car on my phone i'd show you visual evidence. Barring that just look a Butchy's avatar for an examplr

CL82

Reaction Score
While Edsall may have brought it back out of disuse, the Block C goes way back.

If I wasn't in a car on my phone i'd show you visual evidence. Barring that just look a Butchy's avatar for an examplr

True enough, although not it it's current form. Still in modern conciousness the Husky dog was/is our emblem until the Randy era. Now that it has started to become the football brand, it doesn't make sense to abandon it. Still the helmet that I'm using as an avatar is a striking alternative uni option.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Some of you guys are really dating yourselves here. We absolutely should be on board with an alternative design one game a year.

1. They're free, Nike does it for publicity. Let Nike design a couple picks, have the students vote on the best each year. Wear it for a non-homecoming league home game. Sell them pregame at the Co-op that week, special deal.
2. It creates a buzz around the program. You can debate the level of buzz, but its there, especially if you get the students involved in the selection. Without doing anything besides wearing a different uniform (similar to a white out or blue out), you create increased energy before and during the game for the fans and media.
3. It gets the players fired up too. Again, even if it's minimal, when you're putting on the jerseys in the locker room at the Rent and talking about going out there and destroying Louisville on a Friday night in mid-November, it's an extra element to that fire because it's different, it's special. Why on earth would you not be looking for that little edge?
4. Recruits do like it. Of course they don't make their decisions based on one uniform a year, I don't think anyone is arguing that. But it does create a buzz about the program, especially for local kids seeing it in the papers as they come through high school. For better or worse, we have a reputation as a program of being pretty bland, whether it be playing style, location in East Hartford, relative youth as a big program, whatever. This helps combat that perception. It also shows recruits that we get it, that we want our players to have the best of everything and take care of them, and bottom line, it's just cool.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should get camouflage unis using the colors of fall foliage.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Some of you guys are really dating yourselves here. We absolutely should be on board with an alternative design one game a year.

1. They're free, Nike does it for publicity. Let Nike design a couple picks, have the students vote on the best each year. Wear it for a non-homecoming league home game. Sell them pregame at the Co-op that week, special deal.
2. It creates a buzz around the program. You can debate the level of buzz, but its there, especially if you get the students involved in the selection. Without doing anything besides wearing a different uniform (similar to a white out or blue out), you create increased energy before and during the game for the fans and media.
3. It gets the players fired up too. Again, even if it's minimal, when you're putting on the jerseys in the locker room at the Rent and talking about going out there and destroying Louisville on a Friday night in mid-November, it's an extra element to that fire because it's different, it's special. Why on earth would you not be looking for that little edge?
4. Recruits do like it. Of course they don't make their decisions based on one uniform a year, I don't think anyone is arguing that. But it does create a buzz about the program, especially for local kids seeing it in the papers as they come through high school. For better or worse, we have a reputation as a program of being pretty bland, whether it be playing style, location in East Hartford, relative youth as a big program, whatever. This helps combat that perception. It also shows recruits that we get it, that we want our players to have the best of everything and take care of them, and bottom line, it's just cool.
About as well as it could be said. Nice post.

Reaction Score
True enough, although not it it's current form. Still in modern conciousness the Husky dog was/is our emblem until the Randy era. Now that it has started to become the football brand, it doesn't make sense to abandon it. Still the helmet that I'm using as an avatar is a striking alternative uni option.
We never used the Husky on helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01