Any word on Uconn jerseys ever being available? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any word on Uconn jerseys ever being available?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Good for them. Clearly there’s a demand from Husky Nation.

I’ve gotten 3 of the pairs of shorts that 19nine released and they are great. They’ve comprised about 75% of my quarantine wardrobe around the house. They mentioned today that they are in awe of the demand from UConn fans for these products. Further proof to the University that, if you partner with a quality brand, this stuff will sell like crazy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’ve gotten 3 of the pairs of shorts that 19nine released and they are great. They’ve comprised about 75% of my quarantine wardrobe around the house. They mentioned today that they are in awe of the demand from UConn fans for these products. Further proof to the University that, if you partner with a quality brand, this stuff will sell like crazy.

100% - - I told the guys at 19nine when they first got released I'd be all over them and they did a great job. Then they sold out. Then they released the next version, and sold out of those too. I was debating between the 94 and 99s and even the 95 women's, though I told him we need 2003 era women's and the 06 Marcus Williams all whites. When I saw the email this morning for the restock I knew I better jump quick.

They seem to get by far the most demand for the UConn gear, judging by their twitter and the sell outs.

I've always been a huge shorts and jerseys guy, always had a ton of the Nike college shorts even outside of UConn. There are other tempting ones, including the Kerry Kittles 95s and the Tim Duncan gold wake forest. I had those in black in the late 90s. 70 a pop is the only reason I haven't bought more, but I will gradually.

Reaction Score
Just got an email from 19nine this morning that these are back in stock:

0B4A1246.jpg
Just seeing those shorts brings a tear to my eye. Such a special Uniform from a special time.

Reaction Score
Just scooped these - I had 2 pairs of them in the 90s and both are gone now, they're my only era of shorts missing (aside from 94 which I want but never owned prior).

As for the jerseys, it's got to be a Nike thing with the current players, and a trademark / rights thing with the throwbacks. I own the Ricky Moore Nike replica and did own the Ray Allen Nike replica ... as others have said, you used to be able to get them easily. I always got them through Eastbay.

Nike must not see as big a market for them anymore, though you can still always get shorts.
UConn was selling throwback authentic Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton jerseys a couple years back. It was available at the Co Op and online. Im pretty sure they sold out a while ago.

Reaction Score
I've always been a huge shorts and jerseys guy, always had a ton of the Nike college shorts even outside of UConn. There are other tempting ones, including the Kerry Kittles 95s and the Tim Duncan gold wake forest. I had those in black in the late 90s. 70 a pop is the only reason I haven't bought more, but I will gradually.

There weren't a ton of us out there but those who were into shorts were really passionate about it. I remember the long NikeTalk threads from 10-12 years ago. Admittedly it was a weird thing to be really into.

This was the peak of my collection, circa 2011. I've sold every last pair in this picture save for the 2006 navy UConn team issued shorts.

shorts.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love these. Where can I get them. Back in stock where?
They were back in stock this morning on 19nine’s website, which I linked in the initial post. They have sold out again since but you can give them your email and they will contact you when back in stock. Here is the link again:

UConn Huskies 1998-1999

Reaction Score
They were back in stock this morning on 19nine’s website, which I linked in the initial post. They have sold out again since but you can give them your email and they will contact you when back in stock. Here is the link again:

UConn Huskies 1998-1999
Thx. Just re read yer post and saw 19nine

Reaction Score
There weren't a ton of us out there but those who were into shorts were really passionate about it. I remember the long NikeTalk threads from 10-12 years ago. Admittedly it was a weird thing to be really into.

This was the peak of my collection, circa 2011. I've sold every last pair in this picture save for the 2006 navy UConn team issued shorts.

View attachment 55071

Wow, impressive collection and dropping a NikeTalk reference. Kudos. Tap, tap, pull.

Reaction Score
These have been selling all week for the low, may be all gone now but I got lucky. They had so many I wondered if we were getting new uniforms next year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 12.01.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 12.01.24 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 137

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

View attachment 55071

You owned ‘Cuse shorts?!

And someone else paid you money for them?

What a world.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

View attachment 55071

I thought my collection was bad ... you have more UConn than me fa sho, and those all white at the bottom left corner that Marcus W and Rudy wore in 06 is my most desired!

I don't have many left at this point at all, but in HS / College I had at least this many - Wake Forest, Nova, Cuse (blech, but nice throwback shorts), Ohio State, 3 different Georgetowns, etc.

I posted most of my UConn collection in my thread of the UConn basketball hoop, and I lost my original few pair.

Plus the NikeTalk reference, also something I used to go onto daily (never really posted but lurked for new Jordan info mostly).

Can I assume you got these from somewhere other than Eastbay? The UConn ones especially, because they all look authentic with the Big East symbol, I know the regular Nike ones didn't have that ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought my collection was bad ... you have more UConn than me fa sho, and those all white at the bottom left corner that Marcus W and Rudy wore in 06 is my most desired!

I don't have many left at this point at all, but in HS / College I had at least this many - Wake Forest, Nova, Cuse (blech, but nice throwback shorts), Ohio State, 3 different Georgetowns, etc.

I posted most of my UConn collection in my thread of the UConn basketball hoop, and I lost my original few pair.

Plus the NikeTalk reference, also something I used to go onto daily (never really posted but lurked for new Jordan info mostly).

Can I assume you got these from somewhere other than Eastbay? The UConn ones especially, because they all look authentic with the Big East symbol, I know the regular Nike ones didn't have that ...

These shorts are all fresh as f but I could never wear anything Syracuse, Ohio State, Georgetown..... or in the pic above add in Kentucky, UNC, Michigan and Arizona. MAYBE if it said baseball after the school name lol.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
These shorts are all fresh as f but I could never wear anything Syracuse, Ohio State, Georgetown..... or in the pic above add in Kentucky, UNC, Michigan and Arizona. MAYBE if it said baseball after the school name lol.

I don't really have that with shorts ... except for Duke and UK. I've never bought nor wanted to buy either of those, although UK before Calipari I was fine with.

The Georgetown shorts are legitimately some of my favorite shorts of all time - a great uni is a great uni. I don't hate G'town like some native CTers might.

I found a pair of throwback Cuse shorts, authentic and great material, at a Marshalls for like $20. They lost the elastic at this point but were some of my favorite shorts. My friends who knew me would say the same when I wore them to hoop "aren't you a UConn fan?" And the answer would be "yeah, I hate Cuse, but these shorts are dope."

Reaction Score

Yep, all of the real ones were from NikeTalk. There were a couple of guys in there who had connections (walk-ons or team managers or roommates of players) who always got their hands on extra team issued shorts.

Reaction Score
I don't really have that with shorts ... except for Duke and UK.

I felt the same way though only with Duke. I was fine with wearing any team's shorts if they were dope. Like you said with G'Town, just some legendary shorts, rivalry be damned.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yep, all of the real ones were from NikeTalk. There were a couple of guys in there who had connections (walk-ons or team managers or roommates of players) who always got their hands on extra team issued shorts.

Dang man those white and blue ‘06 with the big east insignia... I might have paid a pretty penny for those, especially now knowing they’re AUTHENTIC authentic versions. Total fire.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I felt the same way though only with Duke. I was fine with wearing any team's shorts if they were dope. Like you said with G'Town, just some legendary shorts, rivalry be damned.

If you're actually a lefty baller, I think we might be long lost brothers.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Just made my first purchase off DHGate, didn’t even feel bad doing it with literally no jerseys being available legitimately.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Just made my first purchase off DHGate, didn’t even feel bad doing it with literally no jerseys being available legitimately.

I’ve bought football jerseys there and never been disappointed. I’m someone who can tell minor differences and there were really none. I got essentially $250 jerseys for like 20 bucks.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’ve bought football jerseys there and never been disappointed. I’m someone who can tell minor differences and there were really none. I got essentially $250 jerseys for like 20 bucks.
That’s great, so they look and feel completely authentic? My expectations were very low.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That’s great, so they look and feel completely authentic? My expectations were very low.

This was maybe 8 years ago but yeah, NFL jerseys and they had sewn on stitching, patches, looked identical to an authentic. Maybe a couple stray strings hanging but literally nothing wrong w the jerseys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom