Any word on Uconn jerseys ever being available? | The Boneyard

Any word on Uconn jerseys ever being available?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this as soon as I saw them...when can we buy the Nike jerseys they wore last year with the gold championship tab on the back? I have a few white and blue jerseys already - I really want one of these. I may have to sneak into the lockeroom and snag one!

Reaction Score
Nevermind throwbacks you can’t even find authentic jerseys anywhere anymore. As a collector this is so frustrating. Any update on what’s going on with this?
It absolutely bogglels my mind that when i was a kid in the 90s Uconn jerseys were a dime a dozen. Now theyre frikken unicorns!!! It must be because of the whole Obannon bros nonsense.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Seems silly, there's obviously a market for these, and the ray ray jersey they sell in the co-op is fugly.

Edit: they also have one more, but who ever wore #50 for UConn.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Seems silly, there's obviously a market for these, and the ray ray jersey they sell in the co-op is fugly.

Edit: they also have one more, but who ever wore #50 for UConn.
If they sold official Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, Rudy Gay, etc throwbacks on the site they would sell out. Stupid that this isn’t happening.

Reaction Score
So strange. I remember when I was a kid , u cud get so many college jerseys anywhere. I’ll I have left now is a Marcus Williams jersey and a kemba one. Unreal. Weird how they can sell ray rays but nobody else’s. And yes the ray ray ones they sell on the uconn page look so corny. How hard cud this be to screw up. Geez

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
If they sold official Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, Rudy Gay, etc throwbacks on the site they would sell out. Stupid that this isn’t happening.

If you follow @UConnTrademark on Twitter, he seems to indicate that this sort of thing is difficult or not possible at the moment. I bought the Ray/Rip "throwbacks" that they did recently and, as others mentioned, I thought they look cheap with the material/lettering. With the new rules on players being able to profit from their likeness, I wish they'd at least go back to the days where each year you could get the jersey of an actual player from the team versus what they do now where they release a generic or historically significant number (#34 and #15 have been released for us, but it's a bit stupid when it's not in a throwback style). I try to monitor eBay for old stuff that comes available (I've gotten Denham Brown and El-Amin jerseys over the last few years) but it would be great if they would provide us with a better selection of Nike stuff through Fanatics/the Bookstore, even though as someone who doesn't live in CT, ordering online from the bookstore is an enormous pain as I get half of my orders cancelled after they find that the product listed is on backorder or wasn't even supposed to be shown as available for order.

Reaction Score
Nike seemed to kill the market 7-8 years ago when they went with the flimsy bathing suit-like material for uniforms. Great for on-court performance but for retail sales and people who wear the jersey/shorts casually I think it was a big turn off.

I used to buy each iteration of our shorts so I kept a close eye on this stuff and the number available teams shrunk year after year. Circa 2010 Nike had retail authentic game shorts available for ~60 schools. There was a huge supply of jerseys and shorts all over the web. If you go on Eastbay's site right now and search for "Duke shorts" or "Duke jersey" (the golden boy) there are no results. I don't think it'll ever get back to what it was but you'd think there'd be a big enough demand for the top 20 schools or so and their passionate fanbase.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I was actually looking for a pair of shorts for my kid last night. The only pair on Uconnhuskies.com and Fanatics were kids size large (I need size small). I'll keep looking but have been disappointed so far.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nike seemed to kill the market 7-8 years ago when they went with the flimsy bathing suit-like material for uniforms. Great for on-court performance but for retail sales and people who wear the jersey/shorts casually I think it was a big turn off.

I used to buy each iteration of our shorts so I kept a close eye on this stuff and the number available teams shrunk year after year. Circa 2010 Nike had retail authentic game shorts available for ~60 schools. There was a huge supply of jerseys and shorts all over the web. If you go on Eastbay's site right now and search for "Duke shorts" or "Duke jersey" (the golden boy) there are no results. I don't think it'll ever get back to what it was but you'd think there'd be a big enough demand for the top 20 schools or so and their passionate fanbase.
I was actually looking for a pair of shorts for my kid last night. The only pair on Uconnhuskies.com and Fanatics were kids size large (I need size small). I'll keep looking but have been disappointed so far.
Just got an email from 19nine this morning that these are back in stock:

0B4A1246.jpg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

because we've always been in a chicken and egg scenario.

1) Our AD is a little too tight on releasing rights (IMHO), so we don't sell a ton of gear
2) Since we don't sell a ton of gear, companies aren't going to front making something like you posted
Rinse / repeat

You've seen the sycophants at Kentucky, right? Those crazy yokels will sell their trailer to get one of these!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Just got an email from 19nine this morning that these are back in stock:

0B4A1246.jpg

Just scooped these - I had 2 pairs of them in the 90s and both are gone now, they're my only era of shorts missing (aside from 94 which I want but never owned prior).

As for the jerseys, it's got to be a Nike thing with the current players, and a trademark / rights thing with the throwbacks. I own the Ricky Moore Nike replica and did own the Ray Allen Nike replica ... as others have said, you used to be able to get them easily. I always got them through Eastbay.

Nike must not see as big a market for them anymore, though you can still always get shorts.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you follow @UConnTrademark on Twitter, he seems to indicate that this sort of thing is difficult or not possible at the moment. I bought the Ray/Rip "throwbacks" that they did recently and, as others mentioned, I thought they look cheap with the material/lettering. With the new rules on players being able to profit from their likeness, I wish they'd at least go back to the days where each year you could get the jersey of an actual player from the team versus what they do now where they release a generic or historically significant number (#34 and #15 have been released for us, but it's a bit stupid when it's not in a throwback style). I try to monitor eBay for old stuff that comes available (I've gotten Denham Brown and El-Amin jerseys over the last few years) but it would be great if they would provide us with a better selection of Nike stuff through Fanatics/the Bookstore, even though as someone who doesn't live in CT, ordering online from the bookstore is an enormous pain as I get half of my orders cancelled after they find that the product listed is on backorder or wasn't even supposed to be shown as available for order.
Rudy actually routinely has the lowest selling jersey in the NBA amongst star players...

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Would sell out in minutes if they did this for Kemba or Shabazz

100%

They did this on the women’s side for Stewie, sans her name, so hopefully there is something in the works on the men’s side. They keep saying there will be a lot available on 7/1 when we’re officially back to the Big East, so maybe we’ll get a surprise

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Are these still like 75 bucks? They’re cool but that’s a hefty price tag.
No idea. I could never pull off wearing them or a jersey so I didn't check the price, but I see that they are sold out again now.

Reaction Score
No idea. I could never pull off wearing them or a jersey so I didn't check the price, but I see that they are sold out again now.
Good for them. Clearly there’s a demand from Husky Nation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom