Any word on Tyler Polley? | The Boneyard

Any word on Tyler Polley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Martin has been doing pretty well for himself lately and Cole/Whaley have both had workouts with NBA teams. I've not heard much about Polley though. Anyone know what he's up to/if he's had contact with any teams?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Martin has been doing pretty well for himself lately and Cole/Whaley have both had workouts with NBA teams. I've not heard much about Polley though. Anyone know what he's up to/if he's had contact with any teams?
I honestly don't think he has a future career playing basketball. Hope he succeeds at whatever he does.

Reaction Score
I could have sworn I read on here somewhere that he was working out with an NBA team.

Reaction Score
Don’t be surprised if Tyler has some skills we didn’t know he had. Interesting that they mention post moves. Most kids that are 6’9” and can walk and chew gum at the same time have some post moves from their younger years. I’m a little curious what he can do when he is evaluated as an individual vs what he could provide our team at UConn.

No, I don’t think he’s an NBA player (never say never), but he is very tall and has a few skills. He’ll make a living at least.

Reaction Score
There's a pro spot overseas for every D1 scholarship player. E.J. Harrison walked on at UConn and had a 15+ year career I'm England and elsewhere. Polley can play pro ball and make more money than working a regular job. Ride the pros as long as possible and see the world while young.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Don’t be surprised if Tyler has some skills we didn’t know he had. Interesting that they mention post moves. Most kids that are 6’9” and can walk and chew gum at the same time have some post moves from their younger years. I’m a little curious what he can do when he is evaluated as an individual vs what he could provide our team at UConn.

No, I don’t think he’s an NBA player (never say never), but he is very tall and has a few skills. He’ll make a living at least.
There is one thing that holds him back: Lateral quickness. That will keep him out of the show ( most likely) , but the kid has some great , valuable hoops skills and is an eminently coachable team player. He will make a living playing this game.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. He has a bright future playing overseas.
I'm not too sure about that. I don't think he would have gotten many minutes on a top 10 D-1 school, nevermind a pro team. All he provides is (at best) average 3-point shooting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He’s not likely going to get a top level offer in Europe or Asia, but he can make some money. A decent club in either will have a minimum of about $60k-80K. And the team covers your expenses, including taxes. He’s not a cinch to land in either place - there are limited spots and you are competing with the entire globe.

If you land outside of that, salaries are kind of all over the map.

Reaction Score
He’s not likely going to get a top level offer in Europe or Asia, but he can make some money. A decent club in either will have a minimum of about $60k-80K. And the team covers your expenses, including taxes. He’s not a cinch to land in either place - there are limited spots and you are competing with the entire globe.

Olander made something like 60k a season in Spain before he broke his foot. It's not a fun life for very long, and the money isn't superb... but if Tyler wants to play ball there will be opportunities.

Reaction Score
Really depends on which version of Polley goes pro. I could see TimidTy playing in Denmark with a bunch of no-namers on Phil Nolan’s old team. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see DaggerTreyTy™️ coming off the bench for a high caliber club, such as Olympiacos or Maccabi T.A.

Reaction Score
Really depends on which version of Polley goes pro. I could see TimidTy playing in Denmark with a bunch of no-namers on Phil Nolan’s old team. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see DaggerTreyTy™️ coming off the bench for a high caliber club, such as Olympiacos or Maccabi T.A.
I doubt it. Tyler Dorsey plays for Olympiakos. He made 185 3-pointers in 2 years of college ball. Polley made 150 in 5 years, at a much lower percentage. Polley is the worst rebounding starting forward I've seen at UConn. I wish him well, but again, all he offers is average 3-point shooting. And he is not particularly prolific. He never made more than 5 3s in a game. In 5 years. Antonio Kellogg was a better 3 point shooter. Did he play for Olympiakos?

Reaction Score
Boo Willingham played pro ball for years. Tyler is far more talented.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am convinced Tyler slept with your wife or something. Of course he's good enough to play overseas and make money if he wants to. More than good enough.
If it’s what he wants I hope I’m wrong. No ill will towards him. I just don’t think he’s a good basketball player.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

This is all I meant really. I don’t consider making small change playing to be a very astute move for a guy who can probably do better in some other endeavor.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. Tyler Dorsey plays for Olympiakos. He made 185 3-pointers in 2 years of college ball. Polley made 150 in 5 years, at a much lower percentage. Polley is the worst rebounding starting forward I've seen at UConn. I wish him well, but again, all he offers is average 3-point shooting. And he is not particularly prolific. He never made more than 5 3s in a game. In 5 years. Antonio Kellogg was a better 3 point shooter. Did he play for Olympiakos?
Antonio Kellogg was a 27.9% 3pt shooter in his very brief UConn career. If you’re going to lie to make your point, be a better liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom