Any way to watch the game tonight? | The Boneyard

Any way to watch the game tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see the Louisville game is not going to be on CPTV tonight. Not having CBS Sports Network, is there another way to watch the game on the internet? If not, Cheryl and I will be Husky-jonesing tonight...sorry if there is already a thread about this--I didn't see one.

Reaction Score
I too can not see it where I am either. This is exactly why I want UConn WBB to stay with CPTV. These cable company's and out of state networks don't give a d _ _ _ about us fans!

Reaction Score
The TV Biz is so cynical.
CBCSN or ESPNU are no different. They want us to pressure our cable operators to carry their deal.
I refuse to respond to that kind of nudging!
I'll enjoy Kara tonight.
PS: Anybody using an antenna in the West / New Haven area? Can you get all the networks?
'Course I spend most of my TV time with Fox Cable. DOH!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Cable networks buy products that they think they can market profitably. Undoubtably this game was sold to CBS Sports by Louisville. CBS Sports has been carried by Comcast for quite a while.

I believe that CBS sports used to stream their programming. I don't know if they still do. Geno's Pub is another option. I've watched several games there.

Reaction Score
Here is a link to CBSSports.com where they have the UConn/Louisville game listed as a "premium" @ 6:30pm EST. You may have to scroll thru the LiveEventsGuide at the top of the page to find the UConn game.

I have never used this link so I do not know how it works or how much it costs
http://ulive.cbssports.com/

Reaction Score
Cable networks buy products that they think they can market profitably. Undoubtably this game was sold to CBS Sports by Louisville. CBS Sports has been carried by Comcast for quite a while.

I believe that CBS sports used to stream their programming. I don't know if they still do. Geno's Pub is another option. I've watched several games there.
No Geno's Pubs in the Fort Myers area, unfortunately ;)

Reaction Score
Here is a link to CBSSports.com where they have the UConn/Louisville game listed as a "premium" @ 6:30pm EST. You may have to scroll thru the LiveEventsGuide at the top of the page to find the UConn game.

I have never used this link so I do not know how it works or how much it costs
http://ulive.cbssports.com/
Hmm, I'm able to watch the stream right now-hopefully it will be the same at game time. If not, Kara and WTIC it is (good for exercising my creative visualization skills, anyway). Thanks very much, CalifHusky!

Reaction Score
Oh, I see the game listed on that site and it appears you can only get the audio from the broadcast. I'd rather listen to Kara...I'm wondering if I'll get video streaming of the game if I buy the 14.95 monthly subscription, or if it'll just be audio.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have the Uverse 200 plan but don't get it unless i upgrade to the Uverse 300 plan.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I usually call and and the Brighthouse sports pack to get the one UConn game and then cancel it off after it's over.

Reaction Score
I usually call and and the Brighthouse sports pack to get the one UConn game and then cancel it off after it's over.
I need to get it online, bruinbball. Due to hardly ever watching cable tv, we recently cancelled our Comcast tv services and just kept the broadband internet and a netflix account. Almost anything we liked to watch is on netflix anyway, so regular tv was useless to us. Netflix and hoopstreams for us!

Reaction Score
I see the Louisville game is not going to be on CPTV tonight. Not having CBS Sports Network, is there another way to watch the game on the internet? If not, Cheryl and I will be Husky-jonesing tonight...sorry if there is already a thread about this--I didn't see one.
Looks like I'm gonna head to a sports bar here in FL and ask them to use one of their 15 TV's for the game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Undoubtably this game was sold to CBS Sports by Louisville.

That's not how it works. The Big East did it, as part of their contract with CBS to provide nationwide coverage of the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom