Any updates on the Ollie saga? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any updates on the Ollie saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

OP got me curious if a lawsuit was filed so I checked the CT Judicial website. Only thing that popped up under his name is the divorce. I know @Chief00 has mentioned that the alimony and child support payments are drivers for KO, which makes sense. In that regard, knowing KO was fired on March 10th, it is notable that the docket for the divorce reveals the following timeline:
  • On March 27th KO files a post-judgment motion to modify alimony and child support payments; on the same day the court sets a hearing date for argument of the motion.
  • On April 11th new counsel appears for Stephanie.
  • The hearing is continued and on June 20th a stipulation is entered, presumably resolving the motion to modify.
If that's accurate, it would seem to be a positive development in terms of increasing the potential for a resolution. Just spitballing here, as I don't do family law, but I imagine the stipulation could be contingent on whatever the outcome of his dispute with the University.

Good research. Chief thinks we are moving to resolution one step at a time. There were some one time payments also - not sure if any remain outstanding and if they are considered separate from alimony?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
OP got me curious if a lawsuit was filed so I checked the CT Judicial website. Only thing that popped up under his name is the divorce. I know @Chief00 has mentioned that the alimony and child support payments are drivers for KO, which makes sense. In that regard, knowing KO was fired on March 10th, it is notable that the docket for the divorce reveals the following timeline:
  • On March 27th KO files a post-judgment motion to modify alimony and child support payments; on the same day the court sets a hearing date for argument of the motion.
  • The hearing is continued and on June 20th a stipulation is entered, presumably resolving the motion to modify.
If that's accurate, it would seem to be a positive development in terms of increasing the potential for a resolution. Just spitballing here, as I don't do family law, but I imagine the stipulation could be contingent on whatever the outcome of his dispute with the University.
My guess is the termination put him into a new salary situation for the next six months while the process plays out (I think I read that here in the past). He's still getting paid by the university, but at a different rate than before, and the current modification reflects that. Just a guess though.

C

Chief00

My guess is the termination put him into a new salary situation for the next six months while the process plays out (I think I read that here in the past). He's still getting paid by the university, but at a different rate than before, and the current modification reflects that. Just a guess though.

I don’t believe he’s getting paid now.

Reaction Score
From personal experience, arbitration tends to benefit the party that is wrong.
Please explain what this has to do with the 15 day stipulation in his contract?

Reaction Score
KO should give Stephanie what she deserves based on their original agreement. It isn't her fault that KO's lawyers agreed to those terms.

Seriously though, thanks for providing new information. I agree that it is promising.

Reaction Score
KO should give Stephanie what she deserves based on their original agreement. It isn't her fault that KO's lawyers agreed to those terms.

Seriously though, thanks for providing new information. I agree that it is promising.

Stephanie should get a freaking job and stop abusing the court system trying to nickle and dime every penny out of KO.

Reaction Score
Stephanie should get a freaking job and stop abusing the court system trying to nickle and dime every penny out of KO.
She has one. She's a nurse at Saint Francis Hospital in Hartford.

And here is what she is due to receive based on the divorce settlement signed in August of 2015. It's a lot of money, but hey KO agreed to it.

Stephanie Ollie, 40, who filed for the divorce from her husband nine months ago, will receive $33,200 per month in alimony for seven years and $1,800 in child support. The couple has a 14-year-old-daughter and a 19-year-old son.

The agreement also provides that while Kevin Ollie will retain an undisclosed number of separate and joint financial accounts, Stephanie Ollie, a nurse, will receive $2.5 million in compensation to be paid in four installments over the next 18 months and $2,000 from Bank of America checking and savings account. She will also receive an additional $350,000 lump sum alimony/property distribution award to be paid over a 42-month period, the agreement states. In exchange for waiving claims to her husband's current assets or potential income, according to the agreement, she will also receive another $240,000 by May 15, 2019.

UConn Coach Kevin Ollie And Wife Finalize Divorce Settlement

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I did post a thread not very long ago - said it was wrapping up within a couple months.
More brilliant insight....wrapping up in a couple months. Any one of a thousand people on this board could have said that. Will you still take credit if it takes until November? Because that will be a "few" months, not a couple.

Reaction Score
Yes, it’s very easy to be on target when you are vague. On a side note, I hear there’s good news coming soon for the men’s b-ball program (you’ll thank me for letting you into this info once the news comes out)
I hear it could be good news or bad news. Or no news. But I can't really share because of the gag order. Not quite sure who's gag order, I just know there is a gag order.

Reaction Score
Pretty funny that the details were in the Courant. Didn’t people give Chief hell for claiming KO had to make large, scheduled payments to his wife over the course of the coming years? It was true, but alas, it was public knowledge, so maybe Chief just read it in the Courant.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I hear it could be good news or bad news. Or no news. But I can't really share because of the gag order. Not quite sure who's gag order, I just know there is a gag order.[/QUOTE
There is always hope - God Bless.

C

Chief00

But much has been paid. What he currently owes is around $2 million. Again, thats before any modification and there’s an indication some, at least temporary, modification took place. However, when he settles she gets a bite of that.
What does this mean? He needs $4.5m to $6m to happily settle. Perhaps, $3-$3.5m under duress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
But much has been paid. What he currently owes is around $2 million. Again, thats before any modification and there’s an indication some, at least temporary, modification took place. However, when he settles she gets a bite of that.
What does this mean? He needs $4.5m to $6m to happily settle. Perhaps, $3-$3.5m under duress.
Is it unfair to ask you for the corresponding reasoning, parameters, & backdrop against which the University would happily settle, and those if under duress? I can't assume that only Ollie would have to agree, so some discussion of the pressures and realities on both sides would be helpful. Thanks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, I am also willing accept $4.5M to $6M. And yes I'd do it happily. Much like Kevin's circumstances, I can't see anyone being willing to write that check to me though.

C

Chief00

Yeah, writing that check ain’t easy. But it’s so needed. UConn get it done.

C

Chief00

I dunno The Dude has been pretty much wrong about everything realignment related.
Not true, been consistently saying that Suzy is not liked by her peer group - the University Presidents “Club”. That and Blumenthal’s personally suing other Presidents screwup, have been what’s held us back. In the Presidents club, that sort of thing (personally suing another President) is just not done by one school against another President. Beyond bad tastes and poor manners. Doesn’t get rewarded.
Hopefully, that 44 member committee of hand picked CT political hacks, will pick a President more popular in that club.

C

Chief00

Is it unfair to ask you for the corresponding reasoning, parameters, & backdrop against which the University would happily settle, and those if under duress? I can't assume that only Ollie would have to agree, so some discussion of the pressures and realities on both sides would be helpful. Thanks.
Parameters - ex wife, lawyers and taxman get $3 to 3.5 million - so need to give KO another $1.5 to $2 million to play with and everyone is happy. At $3 million, from his perspective, he doesn’t get anything.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If Ollie's income drops from over $3 million a year to 10% or less of that, wouldn't his request for an adjustment in the divorce settlement be fairly assured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom