Any updates on our frontcourt???? | The Boneyard

Any updates on our frontcourt????

Reaction Score
Are there signs that we have some warriors around the rim? No need to say too much... but a little is better than nothing so far... I'm hoping we'll get a surprise here or there up front... Solid rebounders, screen setters, finishers around the basket... we can't simply rely solely on our backcourt to do it all... we've seen how that's worked out over the past 3 years....

Reaction Score
As much as folks love hearing good news about player development and other conjecture, I’m happy with the quiet for now. That stuff helps through the doldroms of June, but we’re close enough to the season where I can wait to watch them prove it on the court.

Lots of talk about chips and whatever, but these huskies are either hungry or not. That will be measured in Ws. I really hope they step up to the plate. There will be a lot of learning how to play with each other and they will need to collect Ws while they find their spots.

Reaction Score
As much as folks love hearing good news about player development and other conjecture, I’m happy with the quiet for now. That stuff helps through the doldroms of June, but we’re close enough to the season where I can wait to watch them prove it on the court.

Lots of talk about chips and whatever, but these huskies are either hungry or not. That will be measured in Ws. I really hope they step up to the plate. There will be a lot of learning how to play with each other and they will need to collect Ws while they find their spots.

Agree 100%. Nothing we heard last October prepared us for the Wagner/Northeastern debacle, and I suspect that Colgate/Stony Brook will be an equal test this year. UConn either shows up prepared for these games, or they will lose. Colgate returns a veteran squad with a senior PG, a 6-8 banger in the middle and a smooth-scoring 6-8 wing, and we know they will play as a cohesive unit. Nothing we hear about the individual talents of our Huskies will tell us a thing about their coming together as a unit. Proof will be in the playing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Nothing we heard last October prepared us for the Wagner/Northeastern debacle, and I suspect that Colgate/Stony Brook will be an equal test this year. UConn either shows up prepared for these games, or they will lose. Colgate returns a veteran squad with a senior PG, a 6-8 banger in the middle and a smooth-scoring 6-8 wing, and we know they will play as a cohesive unit. Nothing we hear about the individual talents of our Huskies will tell us a thing about their coming together as a unit. Proof will be in the playing.
I think most people predicting things before events play out recognize the limitations of predictions.

There are a few people who tend to argue before events play out. They need meds. When I read their posts I find myself needing a drink.

And there are a few people who, if things go wrong, believe it shouldn't have happened because they predicted things to go the other way. They need stronger meds. When I read their threads I find myself ending up inebriated. :cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There are a few people who tend to argue before events play out. They need meds. When I read their posts I find myself needing a drink.
And there are a few people who, if things go wrong, believe it shouldn't have happened because they predicted things to go the other way. They need stronger meds. When I read their threads I find myself ending up inebriated. :cool:

A few?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Rumor has it Justin Brown is the most improved player in practices and his best season is ahead of him.
I hear that he once scored 11 points in an Australian high school game.

And, that he could be "special." Hard to top that, eh?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think most people predicting things before events play out recognize the limitations of predictions.

Now if this guy wants to make a prediction, I'm going with it:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Any way to give this two 'likes'?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I think I heard that over the summer Carlton grew by several Hilton units and now stands at 7-2. It could be bs, but we will find out soon enough.

That's almost as encouraging as the news that Williams can now dunk, while taking off from outside the three point line. It's just like in Teen Wolf.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's almost as encouraging as the news that Williams can now dunk, while taking off from outside the three point line. It's just like in Teen Wolf.
A friend of mine's daughter's cousin heard that KW dunks from half court in practice. Could be a good weapon for us as I have to think it would be demoralizing to see your opponent dunk off of the opening tip.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
A friend of mine's daughter's cousin heard that KW dunks from half court in practice. Could be a good weapon for us as I have to think it would be demoralizing to see your opponent dunk off of the opening tip.

Not to mention the worlds first 3-point dunk!

Reaction Score
Diarra, Cobb, Williams, and Carlton all interest me a lot. Hopefully they can play their way into having the most PT out of our bigs. In particular, I think the people who thought Williams wouldn’t play much will be dead wrong.

Onuorah is good to have as a solid rim protector/rebounder off the bench, but he appears to be an offensive negative. I also can’t inagine Whaley having much of an impact as a freshman given his narrow frame and inability to stretch the floor via shooting.

Then there’s Larrier and Polley to eat up minutes at the 4 in small ball lineups, which we may choose to go with fairly often if Vital and Gilbert both are the type you want on the floor 25-30 min/game.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I plan to get up to practice again either later this week or early next week. I will provide some further insight then.
Mksic.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom