Any Update on Meyers7? | The Boneyard

Any Update on Meyers7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ironically he requested news on verbals when he got out of heart surgery and back on the board.

He's got news on verbal alright! Good thing he got that heart fixed before yesterday's news:)

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Ironically he requested news on verbals when he got out of heart surgery and back on the board.

He's got news on verbal alright! Good thing he got that heart fixed before yesterday's news:)

- Great question. All I know is, we’re already in trouble. How are we supposed to explain to Meyers, after he leaves us alone for just one day, we somehow let the whole verbal situation blow up?
- We need that guy to rest up and get back here!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meyers having surgery is like John A. going on vacation--all sorts of major news happens when they are gone.

I hope our buddy is doing well. He may be in disbelief initially. I was.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
maybe we need a hanging?! either way hope his heart is ok and his surgery was a success...

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
maybe we need a hanging?!...

A hanging? Because of yesterday's noose? :)
- Guys, guys, I swear :eek: it’s not my fault that DD player went to UNC.
- Heck, until yesterday, I thought all this time we were trying to recruit DoggyDaddy.
- Keeping this stuff straight is exactly why we need Meyers here (especially with his ultra-cool artillery icon).
marvin 13.jpg

Reaction Score
... Heck, until yesterday, I thought all this time we were trying to recruit DoggyDaddy...
Who would willingly recruit DoggyDaddy? If you thought that, then hanging is too good for you. You get the woodchipper.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nice job guys with the prayers.....not so good with the commits. Made it through surgery, 4 bypasses. Starting recovery. gonna b a tough road for a bit. Can still use the prayers.
Prayers are still rolling, asked prayer for you in church today. Thanks for the news we were all concerned.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice job guys with the prayers.....not so good with the commits. Made it through surgery, 4 bypasses. Starting recovery. gonna b a tough road for a bit. Can still use the prayers.
Welcome back! We're still with you.

I think Saniya Chong might be able to help with rehab. :)

Reaction Score

MEYERS - nice going. Glad you gave us this update. My old high school Captain had the four-bagger, too (probably as retribution because he went on to play for Duke out of high school.....before becoming a waiter ;) ) and he's still chopping wood out in Montana some 15 years later. Stay well.

Reaction Score

It's so good to hear from you . . .recovery will be tough but I think you will be amazed at how much you will be able to accomplish so soon after such major surgery.

You need to cut us some slack though. Obviously we were all so busy praying for YOU that the basketball gods slipped one right past us when we weren't looking.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Made it through surgery, 4 bypasses.
Man, when you go...you really go BIG! I knew you'd be back here mixing it up in no time, but getting the confirmation is a welcome relief. :)

Reaction Score
Congrats meyers7, speedy recovery!

Reaction Score
Meyers sending prayers, and have placed your request in a healing circle with friends from around the world. You are surrounded by prayers from this world and out of this world.

Here is an article from Weaving Today (an email Weaving newsletter) - the short version is that scientist have been able to take cells from peoples hands, turn them into threads, and weave those threads on a sterile loom and create a vein for dialysis and bypass patients ...... since it is grown from your own cells the body does not reject it. Should be available it 5-10 years. WoW!!!

I don't know how to do a link to an email, but if anyone wants a copy of the newsletter I will be happy to forward it to you. There was no by-line as to who specifically wrote the article.

Beweave It!
You may have heard someone say that weaving is in their blood, but what about their veins? It’s not a metaphor; scientists are now able toweave human blood vessels in the laboratory.
In 2000, Nicolas L’Heureux and Todd McAllister founded Cytograft Tissue Engineering (CTE) and began work on trying to grow human-derived blood vessels to replace the synthetic ones in use for dialysis patients. After over a decade of research, the team has developed a way to take cells from a patient’s hand and turn them into thin threads, which can then be woven into a tube, using a small sterile loom. The tubes become new veins for a dialysis or bypass patient.
Each vessel takes only a few months to grow and weave in the lab, and because they are derived from the patient’s own cells, so far none of the test patients’ bodies have rejected these transplants. These human textiles are also extremely durable, seamless, and appear to be puncture resistant, exactly what you want in a vein.
CTE's findings are still in the early stages of development, and more testing needs to be done to determine the safety of this procedure. Still, the results so far are positive, and the scientists in charge expect woven veins to be available for widespread use in 510 years.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Here's to you discovering the resiliency of the human body over the next few weeks. I hope you have sufficient husky wardrobe items to wear to cardiac rehab.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Way to go Meyers... Go big or go home... In your case, you went big and if you aren't home now, you will be soon enough...

I thought my stay in Norwalk Hospital last month was a big event, but your quad-bypass trumps the hell out of my little A-Fib, CHR, HTN trilogy... This obvious grandstanding move of yours to have the meat-cutters rearrange your plumbing bits makes my puny little hospital stay feel like small potatos/potatoes/where's Dandy Dan Quayle when it's becoming clear to me that it would be a waste to lose my mind over something like this??? Or was that not having a mind would be very wasteful??? Oh heck..., I give up... The only thing I do know is, it isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air a water that are doing it.

PS. I'm very happy to know that you caught this before it might have manifested itself as an even bigger problem... Besides, the BY is a better place with your sarcastic self than it is without you... For proof... just consider the recruiting news generated while you were otherwise occupied... So don't do this again!!!!

YOPB

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They told my wife i was set up for the widow maker. 95% blocked in the main left artery. 90 in the other. Dr said i would not have lasted trough the year.....lets hope the aztecs were wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WB Meyers... hopefully you last many more years and get to see many more kids choose to come to UCONN... just no more surgery since clearly it's bad mojo...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Great news that you re on the mend, Meyers. And just think, over the next several weeks, every day you will feel better than you felt the day before.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They told my wife i was set up for the widow maker. 95% blocked in the main left artery. 90 in the other. Dr said i would not have lasted trough the year.....lets hope the aztecs were wrong.
As I noted earlier, better to have the surgery BEFORE a heart attack. From what I understand, the widow maker does not give people a second chance. You are fortunate, and we are really glad to have you back--for many, many seasons.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Meyers, stay away from the Cesspool. clearly, your heart can't take it, or blood pressure either! Glad to hear you'll be around, we need your vote...

Reaction Score
Meyers, stay away from the Cesspool. clearly, your heart can't take it, or blood pressure either! Glad to hear you'll be around, we need your vote...

Thank goodness you got to the doctor when you did, Meyers! Now your heart will be strong enough come fall to shout at that team in all those close games.

And anyone else out there on the Boneyard who been feeling winded or experiencing chest pains . . . get yourself to the doctor to be checked out. Our girls need each and every one of you to cheer them on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom