Any Update on Lou? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Any Update on Lou?

Reaction Score
She may never be 100% again for the rest of her life. Sounds like a chronic issue with her left foot.

If it was the same injury I would agree, but her first injury was a metatarsal fracture, her second was a mid-foot injury, and this latest is a low ankle sprain.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If it was the same injury I would agree, but her first injury was a metatarsal fracture, her second was a mid-foot injury, and this latest is a low ankle sprain.
Way too much speculation on medical issues by Boneyard MD's, in my opinion. Even if we were qualified, which we obviously aren't, not enough information has been released to support any of these conclusions. Neither Geno or Lou is speaking with medical precision, and we shouldn't construe their comments as if they were.

Reaction Score
Way too much speculation on medical issues by Boneyard MD's, in my opinion. Even if we were qualified, which we obviously aren't, not enough information has been released to support any of these conclusions. Neither Geno or Lou is speaking with medical precision, and we shouldn't construe their comments as if they were.

There is ZERO speculation. Those were her injuries stated by Samuelson directly.

Reaction Score
Lou is awesome and is tough as nails, and has gotten picked on over the years, but she has had a tendency, at least IMO, to be a bit of a drama queen - kind of like soccer players. Seems less this year, but wonder if refs unconsciously "discount" her complaints. Totally aside from that, and certainly not in the spirit of UConn BB, but I do wish someone would cold-cock Marina Mabrey. Where is an enforcer when you need one.
OMG, yes! She gets on my last nerve- smug, arrogant, and she usually kills us. Muffet ought to be grateful if she starts shooting better now-

Reaction Score
I know but Lou said it herself after practice on Friday: "I sprain this ankle a lot" which sounds like something that she has had to deal with as a chronic condition. Watch the pre-game interview with her and Kia from about 5:20 on.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Hey, c'mon now, it's not her fault. She's from the Jersey Shore...Manasquan HS. Jersey girls are tough! In another life, she would have been in Tony Soprano's gang, or a double for Snooki on the TV series.

Gotta admire those Jersey girls for grit; so says a Monmouth Jersey boy! :)

Reaction Score
dtbtbtb- - - You beat me to it!
This younger Mabrey is no where the player/person her older sister is! She's been a hot-head since she was a freshman!
2 years ago she was hot in 1st 1/2 16 or 18 points than MoJeff in 2nd 1/2 shut her down completely and Mabrey was losing it trying to get back at MoJeff by cheap shoting her! The refs are horrible and have no clue when they allow that type of play!

I think Marina tries too hard to be the player/leader her sister Michaela was. A two-time captain at Notre Dame, and now an assistant coach at Miami (Ohio) Univ., more talent and better character. Big burden to carry around.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mabrey also got an earful from Muffet during that TO. She'd well earned it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Gotta admire those Jersey girls for grit; so says a Monmouth Jersey boy! :)

Same here, and it goes all the way back to "Molly Pitcher" at the Battle of Monmouth.

Reaction Score
It is just part of being competitive in a circumstance where the world, for some reason, is collapsing around you. The crowd was on her; ND had lost their Mojo; they were already celebrating this huge road win, and in a second, everything had turned around. Hard for a person that young to keep their poise. She, likely, was also kicking herself for making the turnover, and felt the call was
unjustified ( or wished it were ). She is probably a great kid.

Liked her big sister Micheala and looking forward to how Dara does at Virginia Tech. Understand your reasoning but she does have a kind of history with UConn, at least in my eyes. But yes, in another environment she's probably a great kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom