Any Update on Lou? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any Update on Lou?

Reaction Score
Bring back BamBam!!
university-of-connecticut-player-stacy-hansmeyer-boxes-out-an-player-picture-id125940122

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Reaction Score
Mabery is a dirty player...she is grabbing, holding and whining...

dtbtbtb- - - You beat me to it!
This younger Mabrey is no where the player/person her older sister is! She's been a hot-head since she was a freshman!
2 years ago she was hot in 1st 1/2 16 or 18 points than MoJeff in 2nd 1/2 shut her down completely and Mabrey was losing it trying to get back at MoJeff by cheap shoting her! The refs are horrible and have no clue when they allow that type of play!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Mabery is a dirty player...she is grabbing, holding and whining...

Hey, c'mon now, it's not her fault. She's from the Jersey Shore...Manasquan HS. Jersey girls are tough! In another life, she would have been in Tony Soprano's gang, or a double for Snooki on the TV series.

Reaction Score
dtbtbtb- - - You beat me to it!
This younger Mabrey is no where the player/person her older sister is! She's been a hot-head since she was a freshman!
2 years ago she was hot in 1st 1/2 16 or 18 points than MoJeff in 2nd 1/2 shut her down completely and Mabrey was losing it trying to get back at MoJeff by cheap shoting her! The refs are horrible and have no clue when they allow that type of play!

The play where Collier tried to strip the ball out of Mabrey's hand had a bit more going on. I've replayed it several times and its pretty clear Mabrey gives Collier the finger right in front of the official. She should have been teed for that one. Another classless ND moment.
ps...if I'm wrong on the finger issue please delete...would not want to accuse another player for something they didn't do

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lou is awesome and is tough as nails, and has gotten picked on over the years, but she has had a tendency, at least IMO, to be a bit of a drama queen - kind of like soccer players. Seems less this year, but wonder if refs unconsciously "discount" her complaints. Totally aside from that, and certainly not in the spirit of UConn BB, but I do wish someone would cold-cock Marina Mabrey. Where is an enforcer when you need one.
Oklahoma.

http://stacyhansmeyer.com/

Reaction Score
Hey, c'mon now, it's not her fault. She's from the Jersey Shore...Manasquan HS. Jersey girls are tough! In another life, she would have been in Tony Soprano's gang, or a double for Snooki on the TV series.

you got that right..............there are far dirtier players in the Shore League............little sister is feisty but she is more likely to just draw a foul from the opposing player on her next drive to the basket

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Did Mabrey learn to dance like that at the Jersey shore? That was a nice little traveling tap dance she did. Collier certainly liked it.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Lou is awesome and is tough as nails, and has gotten picked on over the years, but she has had a tendency, at least IMO, to be a bit of a drama queen - kind of like soccer players. Seems less this year, but wonder if refs unconsciously "discount" her complaints. Totally aside from that, and certainly not in the spirit of UConn BB, but I do wish someone would cold-cock Marina Mabrey. Where is an enforcer when you need one.

Injure Marina on purpose? What's the deal with that? She's just a Jersey girl playin' the game her way.

Reaction Score
Lou is in a walking boot on left ankle....will be on for next couple of days...day off for team today except for those needing treatment....

Reaction Score
Samuelson should be held out of the Depaul game at the minimum. That would give her 16 days to heal up. She needs to be 100% when she comes back this time.
She may never be 100% again for the rest of her life. Sounds like a chronic issue with her left foot.

Reaction Score
I heard this from a friend (at halftime) who was near enough to have seen/heard it. This was a Mabrey (?) foul on Lou. Afterwards, Lou spoke to two of the refs and said, "No way was she going for the ball."
I watched the replay video multiple times watching this sequence. Clearly a foul... and possibly a Flagrant 1... but the angle didn't show everything that the refs could have gotten if they took a look with the multiple angle replays available to them. But it's clear that Lou was not happy with the way she was fouled, pushed, swung at, ... ???

Reaction Score
The play where Collier tried to strip the ball out of Mabrey's hand had a bit more going on. I've replayed it several times and its pretty clear Mabrey gives Collier the finger right in front of the official. She should have been teed for that one. Another classless ND moment.
ps...if I'm wrong on the finger issue please delete...would not want to accuse another player for something they didn't do
Pretty clear IMO...and in my review of the replay...multiple times...Mabrey does "flip the bird" in Pheesa's direction...quickly and directly in front of an official...

Reaction Score
Lou is in a walking boot on left ankle....will be on for next couple of days...day off for team today except for those needing treatment....
Precautionary I surely hope. Lou has been playing at an elite level this year. She's not knocking down every 3, but she's all over the court, she's playing solid defense, she's driving, posting up, making an impact and as Geno says, they are not the same without her on the floor. I want her back... as close to 100 percent at possible....playing great ball.

Reaction Score
The refs let this game get too physical. This ALWAYS happens when we play ND. They are ALWAYS excessively physical and chippy. The refs allowed too much last night and that is why we almost lost. Physical play tends to negate skill advantages.

Reaction Score
The refs let this game get too physical. This ALWAYS happens when we play ND. They are ALWAYS excessively physical and chippy. The refs allowed too much last night and that is why we almost lost. Physical play tends to negate skill advantages.
Go0d wake up call for UConn. Best way to stop this style of play is to dominate the other team. Since it took awhile for this "domination" to kick in, suspect we will see this style frequently by the better teams with players to make it work (i.e. ND has some BIG, physical girls).

Reaction Score
A bit off topic, but my favorite Mabrey Moment of the game was with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. She and Napheesa briefly tussled with the ball after a Mabrey travel, and Mabrey appeared to have a few words as well. Afterwards, as Collier is preparing to inbound, she and Nurse share a look, and Nurse sort of shakes her head in a "rolling my eyes" kind of way. (help me out here - I'm having a brain fart and can't think of the right adjective to describe that sort of emotion). :D
My favorite part of that moment was after Mayrey dropped the ball and Napheesa took it to the sidelines waiting for the ref (who was striking some sort of "enforcer" pose) to restart play. Pheesa was holding the ball under her arm and clapping ( I could use a sarcastic clapping emoticon here) as if to say "Hey Stupid Cupid, tantrums don't win games. Watch what we do, that's how games are won."

Reaction Score
Injure Marina on purpose? What's the deal with that? She's just a Jersey girl playin' the game her way.

Ah, a heat of the moment comment - simply a figure of speech. My apologies to Ms. Mabrey and anyone else I might have offended.......maybe should have said someone should take her to the woodshed. Lived not far from Manasquan Inlet for several years and Jersey girls are cool. Frankly MM is a talented player and as we saw yesterday can shoot the ball. The chippy play eventually just hurts your team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My favorite part of that moment was after Mayrey dropped the ball and Napheesa took it to the sidelines waiting for the ref (who was striking some sort of "enforcer" pose) to restart play. Pheesa was holding the ball under her arm and clapping ( I could use a sarcastic clapping emoticon here) as if to say "Hey Stupid Cupid, tantrums don't win games. Watch what we do, that's how games are won."

And Kia was like ' Is this girl nuts? '

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I watched the replay video multiple times watching this sequence. Clearly a foul... and possibly a Flagrant 1... but the angle didn't show everything that the refs could have gotten if they took a look with the multiple angle replays available to them. But it's clear that Lou was not happy with the way she was fouled, pushed, swung at, ... ???
Was this the same play where Mabrey swatted the ball towards the ND bench along the baseline, walked away and the ref did nothing? That usually results in a "T"... but wait, it is ND. Oops.

Reaction Score
Ah, a heat of the moment comment - simply a figure of speech. My apologies to Ms. Mabrey and anyone else I might have offended..maybe should have said someone should take her to the woodshed. Lived not far from Manasquan Inlet for several years and Jersey girls are cool. Frankly MM is a talented player and as we saw yesterday can shoot the ball. The chippy play eventually just hurts your team.
It is just part of being competitive in a circumstance where the world, for some reason, is collapsing around you. The crowd was on her; ND had lost their Mojo; they were already celebrating this huge road win, and in a second, everything had turned around. Hard for a person that young to keep their poise. She, likely, was also kicking herself for making the turnover, and felt the call was
unjustified ( or wished it were ). She is probably a great kid.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Pretty clear IMO...and in my review of the replay...multiple times...Mabrey does "flip the bird" in Pheesa's direction...quickly and directly in front of an official...

Looked like an index finger to me.

Reaction Score
She may never be 100% again for the rest of her life. Sounds like a chronic issue with her left foot.

According to Geno, this injury is different than the other one. Sounds like a minor sprained ankle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom