Any Update on Lou? | The Boneyard

Any Update on Lou?

Reaction Score
Any news from practice yesterday or shoot around today?

Last we heard, if things go according to play, Geno will play her as much as is warranted, i.e., if she is playing well, she'll keep playing. If not, not.

I assume BC is out indefinitely, still. :(

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If there were an update, it would be posted on this board within minutes. The media don't attend every practice. There was a media session after Friday's practice but not yesterday's. Typically only the broadcast media attends shoot-around and they usually don't report lineup issues unless something is said on twitter.

We'll know pre-game whether Lou will play or not. We'll know right before tip-off whether she's in the starting lineup or not.

Reaction Score
What update are we expecting? Geno already said she will definitely get minutes. How many will depend on circumstances--how she feels, how she plays, how much is she "needed." Whether or not she starts is that eternally meaningless question (according to Geno). And he doesn't announce his starters beforehand anyway.

Reaction Score
Thank you. That was the update I was hoping for. :)

Reaction Score
Thank you. That was the update I was hoping for. :)
Maybe we need a new thread. Any news on Lou from today's ND game? When off court limping and in tears. Appeared better later on and come in for about 15 seconds at end of game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Maybe we need a new thread. Any news on Lou from today's ND game? When off court limping and in tears. Appeared better later on and come in for about 15 seconds at end of game.
read somewhere... twitter? that she said it was a "regular" ankle sprain.

Reaction Score
Her injury had nothing to do with the foot. The injury, according to HCGA, was a minor ankle sprain. That, as weird as it sounds, is great news.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Her injury had nothing to do with the foot. The injury, according to HCGA, was a minor ankle sprain. That, as weird as it sounds, is great news.

I suppose it is possible, but not likely, that the HealthCare Group of Arizona has an opinion on the subject.

Then I finally figured it out, Head Coach Geno Auriemma!

Agreed, HCGA said it was the ankle and unrelated to the mid-foot sprain.

Lou mentioned a couple of days ago at press interview, that she tends to resprain that ankle a lot, didn`t seem particularly worried about it then, like just kind of a minor inconvenience. Obviously very upset about it today, hopefully that had more to do with the timing than the severity. After the game Lou said she was sore but felt that she could have come in, but HCGA didn`t want to mess with it.

Those at the Fort Hays State game remember that she tweaked her left ankle early on an awkward landing, went to the locker room, reappeared five minutes later, and kept playing without any sign of favoring it. I`m guessing this is related. Also, she sat out for part of the USA basketball trials this summer, don`t know for sure but think it was left foot/ankle related.

So, I`m thinking it is something they are managing, which is good, but it is nagging, which is not so good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I suppose it is possible, but not likely, that the HealthCare Group of Arizona has an opinion on the subject.

Then I finally figured it out, Head Coach Geno Auriemma!

Agreed, HCGA said it was the ankle and unrelated to the mid-foot sprain.

Lou mentioned a couple of days ago at press interview, that she tends to resprain that ankle a lot, didn`t seem particularly worried about it then, like just kind of a minor inconvenience. Obviously very upset about it today, hopefully that had more to do with the timing than the severity. After the game Lou said she was sore but felt that she could have come in, but HCGA didn`t want to mess with it.

Those at the Fort Hays State game remember that she tweaked her left ankle early on an awkward landing, went to the locker room, reappeared five minutes later, and kept playing without any sign of favoring it. I`m guessing this is related. Also, she sat out for part of the USA basketball trials this summer, don`t know for sure but think it was left foot/ankle related.

So, I`m thinking it is something they are managing, which is good, but it is nagging, which is not so good.
One of my favorite players, Lou may want to reduce her "selling" of fouls so much. Causes her to often go down, often when not needed. Going strong to basket better for layup and less chance of hitting ground the wrong way.

Reaction Score
When you are on one leg and don’t want to plant hard on the injured leg it’s probably a little difficult to stay on your feet especially when the defenders have decided no matter how they are going to hit you. Just like the refs totally missed the hip check by Shepard when she hurt it again.

Reaction Score
When you are on one leg and don’t want to plant hard on the injured leg it’s probably a little difficult to stay on your feet especially when the defenders have decided no matter how they are going to hit you. Just like the refs totally missed the hip check by Shepard when she hurt it again.
And what about the swing that was up near her head on the break away in the 1st half... there was a foul called, but when Lou was getting up off the floor she pointed at the "fouler" and appeared angry and said something. UCONN team mates rushed in between them and calmed Lou down. No mention by announcers. Then as she was at foul line Lou appeared to step into the lane toward the basket (?) And the camera switched away... I wondered if Lou was making a comment to a ref about the near head shot???

Reaction Score
And what about the swing that was up near her head on the break away in the 1st half... there was a foul called, but when Lou was getting up off the floor she pointed at the "fouler" and appeared angry and said something. UCONN team mates rushed in between them and calmed Lou down. No mention by announcers. Then as she was at foul line Lou appeared to step into the lane toward the basket (?) And the camera switched away... I wondered if Lou was making a comment to a ref about the near head shot???

I heard this from a friend (at halftime) who was near enough to have seen/heard it. This was a Mabrey (?) foul on Lou. Afterwards, Lou spoke to two of the refs and said, "No way was she going for the ball."

Reaction Score
I heard this from a friend (at halftime) who was near enough to have seen/heard it. This was a Mabrey (?) foul on Lou. Afterwards, Lou spoke to two of the refs and said, "No way was she going for the ball."

A bit off topic, but my favorite Mabrey Moment of the game was with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. She and Napheesa briefly tussled with the ball after a Mabrey travel, and Mabrey appeared to have a few words as well. Afterwards, as Collier is preparing to inbound, she and Nurse share a look, and Nurse sort of shakes her head in a "rolling my eyes" kind of way. (help me out here - I'm having a brain fart and can't think of the right adjective to describe that sort of emotion). :D

Reaction Score
Thanks... so it was as I thought. Funny nothing from announcers.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A bit off topic, but my favorite Mabrey Moment of the game was with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. She and Napheesa briefly tussled with the ball after a Mabrey travel, and Mabrey appeared to have a few words as well. Afterwards, as Collier is preparing to inbound, she and Nurse share a look, and Nurse sort of shakes her head in a "rolling my eyes" kind of way. (help me out here - I'm having a brain fart and can't think of the right adjective to describe that sort of emotion). :D
In the game thread I sarcastically said that Mabry should have received a technical for that play involving Collier

Reaction Score
One of my favorite players, Lou may want to reduce her "selling" of fouls so much. Causes her to often go down, often when not needed. Going strong to basket better for layup and less chance of hitting ground the wrong way.

Come again? Lou "sells" her fouls very well and has never hurt herself going down in the process. However, she has sprained her ankle going strong to the basket for an intended layup. Did you even watch the game last night?

Reaction Score
Come again? Lou "sells" her fouls very well and has never hurt herself going down in the process. However, she has sprained her ankle going strong to the basket for an intended layup. Did you even watch the game last night?
Completely agree.

Reaction Score

Lou is awesome and is tough as nails, and has gotten picked on over the years, but she has had a tendency, at least IMO, to be a bit of a drama queen - kind of like soccer players. Seems less this year, but wonder if refs unconsciously "discount" her complaints. Totally aside from that, and certainly not in the spirit of UConn BB, but I do wish someone would cold-cock Marina Mabrey. Where is an enforcer when you need one.

Reaction Score
Totally not true. This is why I often question who the real fans are on this board. Some posters continually try to knock some players while praising to high water other players. Love all of these girls and criticize constructively but don’t make up.

Reaction Score
Totally aside from that, and certainly not in the spirit of UConn BB, but I do wish someone would cold-cock Marina Mabrey. Where is an enforcer when you need one.
Bring back BamBam!!
university-of-connecticut-player-stacy-hansmeyer-boxes-out-an-player-picture-id125940122

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I screamed that from the stands...not sarcastically.
I was being sarcastic because if they didn't call a technical on Mabry when she fouled Lou then they certainly weren't going to call one for her play on Collier. Even though in other games seeing that Mabry had already been called out by Lou to the refs, then maybe they would have given her one for the second play. But wait, we are talking about Notre Dame here. Oops.

Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic because if they didn't call a technical on Mabry when she fouled Lou then they certainly weren't going to call one for her play on Collier. Even though in other games seeing that Mabry had already been called out by Lou to the refs, then maybe they would have given her one for the second play. But wait, we are talking about Notre Dame here. Oops.
I was waiting for Mabrey2 to shove Lou from behind in a desperate attempt to stop her on that break away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom