Any Transfer Rumors? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any Transfer Rumors?

Reaction Score
Get a grip, man. No SEC-caliber player is coming here this year. I don't care if Saban was coming to coach.

David Williams following Lashlee.
Levenberry is here............

if the situation is right, and the shoe fits....wear it... welcome Mr. Williams

Reaction Score
David Williams was offered a scholarship by UConn back when he was coming out of high school. Kid was a 4* RB. He barely produced at USC, however the AAC is not the SEC. I say sign him up, he may produce here at UConn in this conference.

Barely produced? Did you look at his stats:

Games = 29

Rushing: 187 attempts, 794 yards, 4.2 yds/carry, 5 TDs

Receiving: 27 receptions, 264 yards, 9.1 yds/catch, 0 TDs

Those are decent stats for a part time player.

Reaction Score
Can't pass on this??? we need the depth.....

Certainly a decent get and maybe the SEC was above his talent level but it didn't get me excited.

That said there was a kid named Williams that used to play here and then turned into a stud somewhere else.

Here's hoping it's good karma coming back around.

Reaction Score
Certainly a decent get and maybe the SEC was above his talent level but it didn't get me excited.
That said there was a kid named Williams that used to play here and then turned into a stud somewhere else.
Here's hoping it's good karma coming back around.
Very excited.
Knowing where we are with possible depth problems on the roster, I am excited to see this happen. IMO, it might allow our younger running backs to develop on their own timetable.
Also, IMHO, it gives us needed depth, better size inside running the ball (complimenting Arkeel) and another RB (besides Arkeel) that can catch out of the backfield. Proven stats
at the FBS level.
If he transitions well and has a good year, could serve as a decent marketing tool for future recruiting, i.e. playing here versus attending & riding the pine at an FBS p5 school.

Reaction Score
Rhett Lashlee recently followed John Montelus 6'4 310 OL on Twitter. Graduated from Notre Dame and committed to Virginia for his final season of eligibility. Went to high school in Massachusetts.

There has to be a reason Lashlee is following him. Right?

Reaction Score
Rhett Lashlee recently followed John Montelus 6'4 310 OL on Twitter. Graduated from Notre Dame and committed to Virginia for his final season of eligibility. Went to high school in Massachusetts.

There has to be a reason Lashlee is following him. Right?
Cus Lashlee is a Rock Star Hungry Husky!!

Reaction Score
Looks like I was on to something this time (finally)

Gold Husky for the day...

golden husky.jpg

Reaction Score
Barely produced? Did you look at his stats:

Games = 29

Rushing: 187 attempts, 794 yards, 4.2 yds/carry, 5 TDs

Receiving: 27 receptions, 264 yards, 9.1 yds/catch, 0 TDs

Those are decent stats for a part time player.

Well to USC standards.

Reaction Score
Get a grip, man. No SEC-caliber player is coming here this year. I don't care if Saban was coming to coach.
Can you please make some more silly proclamations. Three days after saying no SEC caliber player is coming here even if Saban was our coach we get a commit from an SEC player. Keep doing what you are doing.

Reaction Score
Very excited.
Knowing where we are with possible depth problems on the roster, I am excited to see this happen. IMO, it might allow our younger running backs to develop on their own timetable.
Also, IMHO, it gives us needed depth, better size inside running the ball (complimenting Arkeel) and another RB (besides Arkeel) that can catch out of the backfield. Proven stats
at the FBS level.
If he transitions well and has a good year, could serve as a decent marketing tool for future recruiting, i.e. playing here versus attending & riding the pine at an FBS p5 school.

I think this is the right way to look at it. Do I expect him to have more impact than Arkeel this year? Nope. Do I expect that if he comes here with the right attitude he can help us as a #2 TB in an offense that needs one (especially when the #1 is really small)? Yes. Wonder if Ron Jon knew this was coming when he decided to transfer out.

Reaction Score
I think this is the right way to look at it. Do I expect him to have more impact than Arkeel this year? Nope. Do I expect that if he comes here with the right attitude he can help us as a #2 TB in an offense that needs one (especially when the #1 is really small)? Yes. Wonder if Ron Jon knew this was coming when he decided to transfer out.

Plus Edsall always wanted to have two stud running backs at once. Brockington and Caulley, Brown and Caulley, Dixon and Brown, Todman and you get the idea.

Reaction Score
Plus Edsall always wanted to have two stud running backs at once. Brockington and Caulley, Brown and Caulley, Dixon and Brown, Todman and you get the idea.
Kept our running game strong...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
71% run last year at Auburn.

Love it!

Reaction Score
There is no way an Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Southern Cal, Washington, Boise State or Penn State recruit is coming here.
I wouldn't offer such generalizations. These schools recruit multiple top players for the same positions and some just sit on the bench. Coach Edsall can put them on the field immediately.

Reaction Score
I beg to differ. Here is a recent example from Athlon Sports:
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-100-impact-transfers-2016

27. QB Alec Morris, North Texas (from Alabama)

New coach Seth Littrell has a lot of work to do in his first season in Denton. North Texas finished 1-11 and averaged only 15.2 points a game last year. Littrell is one of the nation’s top offensive minds and should get this program back on track over the next couple of seasons, and there’s immediate help on the way in the form of Morris – a graduate transfer from Alabama. In three seasons with the Crimson Tide, Morris attempted only one pass and played in eight games. However, the Texas native should be a good fit for Littrell’s offense, and the former three-star recruit should provide a spark for the Mean Green attack.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I wouldn't offer such generalizations. These schools recruit multiple top players for the same positions and some just sit on the bench. Coach Edsall can put them on the field immediately.
Umm...see the post above the one you commented on...

Reaction Score
Yeah ... this is not the Rhode Island board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom