Any Transfer Rumors? | The Boneyard

Any Transfer Rumors?

Reaction Score
I was hoping that some SEC Auburn grads with a year left would follow Lashlee or Grimes.

Any rumors?

Reaction Score
Get a grip, man. No SEC-caliber player is coming here this year. I don't care if Saban was coming to coach.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Get a grip, man. No SEC-caliber player is coming here this year. I don't care if Saban was coming to coach.
We should be asking if there are any UMASS grad players with an extra year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
I don't have any inside information, but I would expect Edsall may want to go after several Maryland players who are expected to transfer out. Our new Coach has raised the recruiting to a level we have actually never seen, and there are probably 5 to 10 players who Edsall recruited to Maryland that don't seem to fit into the plans of the new regime.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't have any inside information, but I would expect Edsall may want to go after several Maryland players who are expected to transfer out. Our new Coach has raised the recruiting to a level we have actually never seen, and there are probably 5 to 10 players who Edsall recruited to Maryland that don't seem to fit into the plans of the new regime.

You don't seem random.

Durkin looks like a great hire for Maryland.

Hopefully we can get Maryland back on the schedule.

Reaction Score
We have had a dedicated Football board about 15 years. One thing has always been consistent ... Rutgers guys and Maryland guys showing to tell us how great their latest recruits are.

Funny. Rarely do we see them return to talk about how that turned out on the playing field.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Normally I'd be disgusted with the idea of a Terps fan offering up their leftovers. With the current situation, it doesn't seem all that crazy. Hope we get some (any) good news on the recruiting front soon.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'm just pulling for the kids and I don't mind seeing them find a home if they don't fit in at Maryland. This past year, Durkin burned 13 to 15 redshirts and next year looks like it will be the same. With that, a lot of the players who were already on the team, were kind of pushed down the depth chart. There were some younger promising Edsall players that I didn't understand why they didn't play a more prominent role this past year, and expect them to transfer out. It is what it is. A new coach comes in, and he wants to fill the depth chart with his kind of guys.

I hope if and when they do transfer, they give you guys a shot. I'm kind of in the minority of Terp fans in that I'm pulling for Edsall to rebound and do well.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Since we already were able to be lucky and surprisingly pickup 2 from P5s during BD tenure, I was hoping to hear some new stuff.

Hoping to get someone soon. Will stay tuned.....

Reaction Score
Random Terp,

Appreciate the caring for the kids. Many of us were fortunate to get degrees from UCONN that readied us for the careers we have today. I wish the same for the players. No matter where he was at, this was one thing about RE that I always respected him about. He genuinely cared and prepared the young men.

On another note, I too am pulling for RE to succeed and turn us around and get us into a P5

Thanks

Reaction Score
We have had a dedicated Football board about 15 years. One thing has always been consistent ... Rutgers guys and Maryland guys showing to tell us how great their latest recruits are.

Funny. Rarely do we see them return to talk about how that turned out on the playing field.

Be careful or next thing you know you'll have that angry Rutgers Guy here to tell you how The Scarlet Nots were the best 2 win team in all the land.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I don't know if we are involved at all, but I would love to see us at least kick the tires on Freddy Canteen. He is a WR from the University of Michigan who has already announced he is transferring as a grad transfer (eligible immediately). It is certainly a position of need for us -- as we could really use some immediate experience and help at WR.

Coming out of high school in Maryland he was a 4 star WR who was recruited at the time by both UConn and Maryland (Edsall). Early in his recruitment he was a little bit under the radar and his leading schools were supposedly UConn, Rutgers, and WVU. Then he ended up blowing up at a Tennessee camp where he got an immediate offer and his stock took off. He ended up choosing Michigan after camping there--but got lost in the shuffle at Michigan as a Brady Hoke recruit and didn't get any field time once Harbaugh came in (he saw the field 6 times as a freshman before Harbaugh arrived). He wasn't even on the Michigan team in 2016 as he was recovering from shoulder surgery.

Again, not sure if he we are at all involved. But he is an experienced guy, at a need position, who will be eligible immediately, with a high ceiling if healthy, and has already announced he is transferring. Add that to the prior interest/history with both UConn and Edsall and it may be a potential match for us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if we are involved at all, but I would love to see us at least kick the tires on Freddy Canteen. He is a WR from the University of Michigan who has already announced he is transferring as a grad transfer (eligible immediately). It is certainly a position of need for us -- as we could really use some immediate experience and help at WR.

Coming out of high school in Maryland he was a 4 star WR who was recruited at the time by both UConn and Maryland (Edsall). Early in his recruitment he was a little bit under the radar and his leading schools were supposedly UConn, Rutgers, and WVU. Then he ended up blowing up at a Tennessee camp where he got an immediate offer and his stock took off. He ended up choosing Michigan after camping there--but got lost in the shuffle at Michigan as a Brady Hoke recruit and didn't get any field time once Harbaugh came in (he saw the field 6 times as a freshman before Harbaugh arrived). He wasn't even on the Michigan team in 2016 as he was recovering from shoulder surgery.

Again, not sure if he we are at all involved. But he is an experienced guy, at a need position, who will be eligible immediately, with a high ceiling if healthy, and has already announced he is transferring. Add that to the prior interest/history with both UConn and Edsall and it may be a potential match for us.
He's Tre Bell's frat brother.. maybe there could be a connection here because of it...

Reaction Score
Here's a rational one to chew on... Edwards Wants to Resume Career Close to Home

Terry Richardson was involved in his recruitment when he flipped from his Cuse commit to the U in 2013. Wholley was recruiting him for UConn.

At this point in time (until the outrage boils over) - Mark Richt has made this more viable for UConn if Edwards fits into the staff's plans.

>>According to a source close to Edwards, the Hurricanes and head coach Mark Richt are blocking the running back from picking a school who is on Miami's 2017 schedule. That means two potential landing spots that are close to home and therefore meet his criteria, Pittsburgh and Syracuse, are blocked by the program. <<

Reaction Score
At this point in time (until the outrage boils over) - Mark Richt has made this more viable for UConn if Edwards fits into the staff's plans.

>>According to a source close to Edwards, the Hurricanes and head coach Mark Richt are blocking the running back from picking a school who is on Miami's 2017 schedule. That means two potential landing spots that are close to home and therefore meet his criteria, Pittsburgh and Syracuse, are blocked by the program. <<

When looking at his tape, he seems like a perfect replacement for RonJon. One cut type back, that'd match up well with Lashlee's offense as well with power/stretch running. Seems a little slow, but gets some chunk yardage

Reaction Score
A couple of our coaches showing South Carolina RB transfer David Williams some love on Twitter guys. Love thrown back to them too.

Reaction Score
A couple of our coaches showing South Carolina RB transfer David Williams some love on Twitter guys. Love thrown back to them too.
is he a grad transfer?

Reaction Score

David Williams was offered a scholarship by UConn back when he was coming out of high school. Kid was a 4* RB. He barely produced at USC, however the AAC is not the SEC. I say sign him up, he may produce here at UConn in this conference.

Reaction Score
David Williams was offered a scholarship by UConn back when he was coming out of high school. Kid was a 4* RB. He barely produced at USC, however the AAC is not the SEC. I say sign him up, he may produce here at UConn in this conference.

And with a little playing time and confidence under his belt...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom