Any special visitors behind our bench? | The Boneyard

Any special visitors behind our bench?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Spot any potential recruits? I wonder if Worcester Academy's junior center Aliyah Boston might have dropped by? WA did not have a game scheduled for last night. She has been to several games the past couple of years...6'3"...was selected MVP of the 17U USA team last June at the qualifier for the World Championships in the summer of 2018.

BTW: Worcester is currently 17-1.

Our losses after next year will be considerable....to say the least.
Lou...Napheesa....and [hopefully] Azura.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin was in the house with her Ossining coach seen in the right hand side of this photo. Can't tell who is seated next to Aubrey.

Aubrey Griffin.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Regarding AEH. There should be no impact on recruiting
We were told otherwise by another poster. There is a reminder in the 2019/20 recruiting thread.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
I think it is Meg and Kerry...But I wasn't excited either because they definitely used up their eligibility too...:p

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think it is Meg and Kerry...But I wasn't excited either because they definitely used up their eligibility too...:p
You reminded of something- did Kerry do any coaching anywhere? She seems around the program a lot these last couple of years and am curious what she’s been up to.

As I think about it, I agree with Meg that Kerry should have been #10 on the All time list, I think without her, Lobo and the rest might not have followed as soon as they did.

Reaction Score
I thought it was the Ossining coach that made that comment about Geno the egomaniac?

come to think of it....................what head coach isn't something of an egomaniac..................it's something of a prerequisite for the job

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What will be will be. Keep in mind that Saniya's is also from Ossining and she stuck with Geno. She posted on Instagram yesterday that she misses her girls from Connecticut.
Of course. Just don't like people telling me that my eyes are lying to me. That's why I posted the picture.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
come to think of it.....what head coach isn't something of an egomaniac...it's something of a prerequisite for the job
I'm not sure egomaniac is the right term to use especially thinking of John Wooden. He like Geno were/are decisive in his well thought out decisions, demanding, and relentless in developing winning BB. Egomaniac to me---is all about ME.

JS

Reaction Score
I think you still have time to delete it if you want.
Taken care of for him. If a "joke" it was unfunny.

"Don't trash the kids that play the games, no matter what team." -- BY Rules

Because of quotes of the remark, it required pruning of the thread, not appreciated by anyone.

Am issuing this public warning rather than [another] site warning point that could have automatic site functionality consequences. Let this be the last player-trashing "joke" from this source.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
come to think of it.....what head coach isn't something of an egomaniac...it's something of a prerequisite for the job
Actually I'm going to repeat the (para)phrase used by Colin Cowherd. All great coaches are a bit of a jerk. Popovich, Belichick, Saban, Tomlin, Red Auerbach, Wooden, Stengel, Geno. On and on. That is the prerequisite.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure egomaniac is the right term to use especially thinking of John Wooden. He like Geno were/are decisive in his well thought out decisions, demanding, and relentless in developing winning BB. Egomaniac to me---is all about ME.

I was thinking of egomaniac in terms of complete self confidence or total belief in your own abilities but your definition is the correct one.............says ME!!!!

Reaction Score
I was thinking of egomaniac in terms of complete self confidence or total belief in your own abilities but your definition is the correct one...says ME!!!!
Please mark that on your calendar, I know I shall--a first. I can't even pass a DavidinNaples test!
Kidding aside, a better than good coach has to believe their complete process is right. I know from Geno's comments that he knows other coaches have good, better, best defense and offense systems and he'll adapt them. However he KNOWs his approach is right.
I would put money on as a young coach he wasn't quite so sure.

Reaction Score
Actually I'm going to repeat the (para)phrase used by Colin Cowherd. All great coaches are a bit of a jerk. Popovich, Belichick, Saban, Tomlin, Red Auerbach, Wooden, Stengel, Geno. On and on. That is the prerequisite.
Good thing Billy Martin was one of the nice ones!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom