Any OC Search Updates? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Any OC Search Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see Phil Longo is getting $600K in his first year as OC at Ole Miss and $700K in his second. I thought we could wave around the same $300K Verducci got and land a good FCS OC, but now, who knows.

I've been in Houston for almost 6yrs. I know lots of Sam Houston alums. Sounds like Old Miss wasn't the only school pursing The Sam OC. UCLA,Baylor, Cincinnati, and Les Miles if he got back in coaching. They were loaded with Talent. The HC is an East Coast guy that has come to Texas and is a recruiting maniac. They all felt this was there year to win the NC. Sounds like they got a bad draw. They got beat up in there playoff win against Chattanooga, The QB who threw 57 flipping TD's this year hurt his elbow and did practice all week. Last year they scored 45 on Texas Tech and 600 plus of O. Everyone figured the staff would stay one more yr because everyone is back but SEC money is nothing to wait on!

Reaction Score
If Kirkpatrick happens to be UCONN'S guy, it's plausible that they agreed in principle but on the condition that no public announcements are made until after the January 7th FCS championship game? These coaching changes have a way of disrupting team chemistry and moral. Who can ever forget RE flying the coop after the Fiesta Bowl.

Reaction Score
If Kirkpatrick happens to be UCONN'S guy, it's plausible that they agreed in principle but on the condition that no public announcements are made until after the January 7th FCS championship game? These coaching changes have a way of disrupting team chemistry and moral. Who can ever forget RE flying the coop after the Fiesta Bowl.

Adding to my previous post...

Or Lane Kiffen doing the exit stage right to Alabama just prior to the National Championship! If DK is the guy, maybe we will find out after the FCS championship game!

Reaction Score
Adding to my previous post...

Or Lane Kiffen doing the exit stage right to Alabama just prior to the National Championship! If DK is the guy, maybe we will find out after the FCS championship game!
If we don't get an update on who our OC will be before the FCS Nat'l Championship game then something has to be up with DK and us... or another school that needs a new OC....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If we don't get an update on who our OC will be before the FCS Nat'l Championship game then something has to be up with DK and us... or another school that needs a new OC....

So what you are saying is Kirkpatrick might 1) come to Storrs/East Hartford, 2) go somewhere else, or 3) stay where he is. That's an interesting way of looking at it. At the very least it cuts down the possibilities.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom