Any guess as to USF start time on 10/5 (NOTE: GAME TIME MOVED to NOON) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Any guess as to USF start time on 10/5 (NOTE: GAME TIME MOVED to NOON)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Daytime games until the first frost occurs. The Navy game time looks like they are gonna have to follow things closely. Sometimes the first frost is late.
Serious question: What happens next spring? Does Connecticut continue to be at higher risk for EEE? Does the threat die off with the current batch of live mosquitoes?

Reaction Score
High since they bought the rights to the game with the expectation of broadcasting it.
Given CBSSN’s already committed to the previously scheduled 12 ET Tulane at USMA game, perhaps they flip the games. No EEE threat a mere 100 or so miles away at West Point?

Reaction Score
Serious question: What happens next spring? Does Connecticut continue to be at higher risk for EEE? Does the threat die off with the current batch of live mosquitoes?

My understanding is that the current EEE 'epdidemic' will end with its host mosquitoes when they die with the first hard frost. There's a random chance that the virus could live-on if mosquites manage to fine shelter and food (people, animals) in a barn or similar structure over the winter; but, it's unlikley. The issue is that EEE will live through the winter down south (SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, etc.) and then it will find a way back North next Summer when infected animilas and people from those locations travel North and are subsequently bitten by a mosquito that then carries it to new people. It's why EEE typically does not show-up in the Northeast until the late Summer and early Fall because it takes time for that process to carry out.

Reaction Score
Given CBSSN’s already committed to the previously scheduled 12 ET Tulane at USMA game, perhaps they flip the games. No EEE threat a mere 100 or so miles away at West Point?

I live about 30 miles from West Point across the line in Jersey, there have been cases of EEE here; but, not was widespread as CT so far.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
EEE has been a concern for a few weeks. If this was a university decision, they could have let CBSSN know so they could have all available information BEFORE they set their TV schedule.

Reaction Score
At least now I don't have a conundrum. Will miss at least the first half to watch my son run up in NH. Then I can decide as I drive home if I want to stop by or not.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
At least now I don't have a conundrum. Will miss at least the first half to watch my son run up in NH. Then I can decide as I drive home if I want to stop by or not.

post game tailgate if you need it...burgers and dogs while we chatter and pack it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom