Any ex UConn players actively playing in Europe? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any ex UConn players actively playing in Europe?

Reaction Score
A couple first rounders, even a high lottery pick above. Chief tried to give Bouknight’s handlers a little context and benefit from experience. Unfortunately, they just seem to make decisions based on the best case scenario and do not seem to want to be bothered by the spectrum of various possible outcomes that often happen in real life.
List is also 10 4 year college players & 3 Jr’s. Couldn’t it also indicate staying too long in college is a negative?!?

Reaction Score
List is also 10 4 year college players & 3 Jr’s. Couldn’t it also indicate staying too long in college is a negative?!?
The point Chief was making is that it’s important to be ready when drafted. Because, it’s not only about being drafted but about being ready. The guys who were 4 year guys were generally not projected to go lottery or for the most part even first round.

Reaction Score
This must be Chief because I can't see the comments and it's so ridiculous. He's claiming to have NBA sources now? Bwahahahaha.
You got it. He’s saying that he tried to talk to bouknights people to tell them that his league sources say he will no longer be a lottery pick and he should come back to school....lol

As if Chief has better league sources than the kid who is actually talking to NBA scouts every day ?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i don't know too much aboot the draft stuff, i just watch players and remember who i think is real good. like evan. he good, real good. yet, when i looked at some mocks, and saw that bj boston is guessed to be in the 20s or 30s, i thought 'that ain't right. he good, real good.' like, guess his spot using only my 2 hands good.
i really can't believe that some drafter won't be thinking the same thing. and jackson, also from kentucky? in the 30s? with only a handful of bigs mentioned in the first 40? i don't think so. i like him too. i bet some of those drafters do as well.

Reaction Score
"He's a consensus lottery pick"
"No your mock drafts are wrong, my sources tell me he's a late lottery pick"

This board is really something else
This board IS something else I’m totally with you but certain people on here are like BEYOND something else 10x LOL

Reaction Score
You got it. He’s saying that he tried to talk to bouknights people to tell them that his league sources say he will no longer be a lottery pick and he should come back to school....lol

As if Chief has better league sources than the kid who is actually talking to NBA scouts every day ?
We should jump him ?????

Reaction Score
I think your information is dated and I am going by League sources not mock drafts. My sources say late lottery - hope they are wrong but absent a secret agreement with a team, and it’s too early for that, my sources are likely right.
What’s wrong with you man?

Reaction Score
A couple first rounders, even a high lottery pick above. Chief tried to give Bouknight’s handlers a little context and benefit from experience. Unfortunately, they just seem to make decisions based on the best case scenario and do not seem to want to be bothered by the spectrum of various possible outcomes that often happen in real life.

The couple of first rounders you reference are Josh Boone and Hasheem Thabeet. Thabeet is literally the biggest bust in NBA draft history with career averages of 2.2 points and 2.7 rebounds despite being the #2 overall pick, and Boone shot himself out of the NBA by being historically bad from the free throw line (well under 40% from the line two straight years) to the point where he was unplayable. Neither of those players' experience have any relevancy whatsoever to James Bouknight who's skillset is different and infinitely better than both of them.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, they are predicting Top 10 pick, I hope they are right and then they can laugh at Chief. Chief is merely repeating what I am hearing. True, some time passes between memories of MSG and the NCAA game and the draft - let’s hope that moves the needle some.
Who is this "I" you speak of?

Reaction Score
Still surprised Jalen Adams hasn’t gotten another shot being called up by the NBA. Seems to have been killing it in the G League and France the past few years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still surprised Jalen Adams hasn’t gotten another shot being called up by the NBA. Seems to have been killing it in the G League and France the past few years.
I think he deserves a shot. It seems in the g league he was excelling as a combo and shooting guard. Nba teams can find someone almost as good as him who is 5 years younger though in the second round.

Reaction Score
Bouk is all over the place on mock drafts, highest I’ve seen is 8 and lowest is 18..seems like he will be a late lottery or fall just out of lottery. Who knows, just hope it’s a good fit

Reaction Score
I think he deserves a shot. It seems in the g league he was excelling as a combo and shooting guard. Nba teams can find someone almost as good as him who is 5 years younger though in the second round.
He is 25 years old . Not exactly ancient.
How many 20 year old’s are capable of running an NBA team ?
Maybe Bazz should be in a nursing home as he is almost 30.

Reaction Score
He is only 25 years old
Not exactly ancient and much more capable of running an NBA team than 99% of what will be available in the second round . Two years of Professional and G League experience. are huge.
Then you have guys like Bazz pushing 30 with some NBA success. The competition at guard is vicious.
Your hunger has to be huge.
Bouk had a height advantage which is an edge. Every edge you have is helpful for success.

Reaction Score
He is only 25 years old
Not exactly ancient and much more capable of running an NBA team than 99% of what will be available in the second round . Two years of Professional and G League experience. are huge.
Then you have guys like Bazz pushing 30 with some NBA success. The competition at guard is vicious.
Your hunger has to be huge.
Bouk had a height advantage which is an edge. Every edge you have is helpful for success.
But that's the point, if you have 2 players with equal talent the NBA team is always going to go with the one who's 5+ years younger and they have the extra time to mold. Jalen is going to get his chance eventually, but it's going to have to come at the expense of someone like Mike James signing a 10 day contract, not a good college prospect

Reaction Score

From a week back, no idea the level of the team but they do play in the Champions League so more exposure

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would think now's the time in the process to cut the deadwood and the hanger's on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom