Any chance we get an OC after this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any chance we get an OC after this season?

Reaction Score
i don’t think there is any doubt.

to get an innovative mind that would coach for peanuts UCONN would have to think outside the box which they are utterly incapable of.

Actually interview a non recycled coach who has a passion for the game and a bright mind. That means really doing due diligence. Again, something UCONN is utterly incapable of.
Sounds like Crocker pre UCONN

Reaction Score
Sad about UConn football??

sad about UCONN athletics. Don’t think an administration and athletic department can mess up worse. Football is first to go. When geno goes women’s basketball will be next. Then men’s basketball.

Just a totally inept administration from top to bottom. A return to the Big East was the answer they came up with. What a clown show.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don’t think Randy will play offense aggressively for a whole game no matter who his OC is. He is by nature a lead protector. He’s never gone for the jugular even when we were good.

This is a guy that has surely seen enough football to come up with better play calling than we’ve seen thus far, but he just doesn’t want to. He doesn’t see the game the way younger, offensive minded coaches do. He clearly doesn’t see that he will never win playing this way.

We need to hire an OC that is authorized to do his thing in spite of Randy or we need to move on. There is no way a 40-something Dave Benedict doesn’t see that just like all of us do. Can we throw next year away just to say we gave him four years? I don’t know. It seems a bit risky to maintain the status quo even if it might look bad to prospective coaches.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
sad about UCONN athletics. Don’t think an administration and athletic department can mess up worse. Football is first to go. When geno goes women’s basketball will be next. Then men’s basketball.

Just a totally inept administration from top to bottom. A return to the Big East was the answer they came up with. What a clown show.
Maybe once Geno and his staff are gone we can allocate some money to football. Shea Ralf gets paid more to hand out water bottles than or Spanos or Giufre do.

Reaction Score
Can't we just hire Pete away from Rutgers and call it a day?

Reaction Score
Instead of hiring someone who may cost the AD hundreds of thousands of dollars they should train Jonathan to randomly select plays off an old copy of Nintendo Tecmo Bowl. I realize that the game only had 4 plays, but that would be at least two more than are being used now.

Reaction Score
Our only chance with winning some games was with a healthy Steve Krajewski. IMO, for different reasons Beaudry and Zerg are not enough to move the chains. The chances of Steven Krajewski coming back at 100% before the end of the season is close to zero. Edsall proved this season with the QB merry go round that he is the most inept coach UConn has ever had. I used to think Paul Pasqualoni couldn't recognize QB talent, Edsall is worse. If Steven Krajewski had been our starter from day one, we definitely would have two wins, and two close losses. If Dave Benedict, who is a football guy, had any b@lls he would have fired Edsall by now and coached the team himself.
Evidently Steve did't do very well in pre season practices. In one scrimmage he was intercepted on BACK to Back throws which did not help his case very much.

Reaction Score
Evidently Steve did't do very well in pre season practices. In one scrimmage he was intercepted on BACK to Back throws which did not help his case very much.
Where did you hear that from? Your cousins nextdoor neighbors barber?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Edsall proved this season with the QB merry go round that he is the most inept coach UConn has ever had.
1570491734864.png

****Slow claps****

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Maybe once Geno and his staff are gone we can allocate some money to football. Shea Ralf gets paid more to hand out water bottles than or Spanos or Giufre do.
Trolling?

Reaction Score
im just shocked there are still posters here that think this program is going anywhere. It’s over. Administration doesn’t support the program, and the move to the big east couldn’t have been a louder announcement that football was a dead man walking. I was angry for a while and now I am just sad.
Lighten up

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What’s the odds of bringing lashlee back in but as a OC. His offensive mind set could turn the team around

Reaction Score
You're wrong, but I get how PO'd you are.. I am too... Edsall's the better of any of the past few coaching options we've had here.. BUT there's a strong argument that he needs to let go of trying dictate who runs our offense and how they run it.. Let the OC do his thing on that side of the ball.. seriously... Stick with his strong suit (defense)

If you got some time on your hand skim through this game. It was sks state title game that got rebroadcasted today. That defense had multiple power 5 defensive players in with 4 of them in the secondary. Tell me he doesnt know how to command a huddle or have the “it” factor. Deff someone I’d have a Budweiser with since its the south and all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom