Any chance Boston changes her mind and comes to UConn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any chance Boston changes her mind and comes to UConn?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I honestly feel like she will one day change her mind. She’s been to so many UConn games and it the closet school to her home. Maybe before she starts at SC or maybe after her freshman season.
No, no, no, no, no! She made what she believes is the best choice for her, not the choice other people wanted her to make.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
did she turn pro in Austrailia? If so wouldn't she be unable to play USA college ball in the future?
Spoil sport. Nevertheless, here some of us go again, attempting to speculate on the mind of an 18 year old. Wasn't Boston's initial decision enough to prove no one can or should? May as well try to understand all of the ramifications of quantum bilocation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You aren't from Boston.
True, but I still have friends there and as you know, I live in NYC metro area so I have a decent read on how Yank fans feel.

Reaction Score
actually it's very possible that UConn doesn't get ONO if Charli Collier doesn't change her mind and head to Texas as they were in the same class....time will tell us which one is the better player but so far I'm very pleased with Ms ONO's attitude and abilities.....

My disconnect with ONO is that, out of necessity, she is being thrown much too early to the wolves. She has talent, that is obvious to this casual observer. She HAS FRESHMAN limitation and PHYSICAL limitations AT THIS TIME. She may end her career while being outstanding while not being as heavy as I would like. The FRESHMAN limitations will take time, a bit of lovingly coached changes to her behavior on the floor. You can see in the minute or 2 she get she has HIGH DESIRE. Most if not all of her fouls are by trying too hard wanting to please too much wanting to show she has the talent and ability to win.
DRIvE to succeed is in her. I doubt Geno would give her the 2 minute opportunity if he too didn't see her drive/determination.
The tune of my logorrhea Lament is: Geno has but 5 players RIGHT NOW. Normally that is a train wreck about to happen--too many minute things can cause this train to derail:
Fouls, overworked legs/player break down, bad calls (not so minute but you catch on)

Reaction Score
Spoil sport. Nevertheless, here some of us go again, attempting to speculate on the mind of an 18 year old. Wasn't Boston's initial decision enough to prove no one can or should? May as well try to understand all of the ramifications of quantum bilocation.
HuH????

Reaction Score
did she turn pro in Austrailia? If so wouldn't she be unable to play USA college ball in the future?

Yes, she did, she no longer is an amateur and no longer eligible to play NCAA basketball.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
True, but I still have friends there and as you know, I live in NYC metro area so I have a decent read on how Yank fans feel.
I have lots of friends from near Boston, grew up in Hartford a Yankee fan despite having parents who loved the Sux. Boston fans hate the Yankees and generally Yankee fans don’t have the same level of dislike, especially if they became fans when the Sux were merely an annoyance. The only Sux I’ve ever not cared for were Yaz who always seemed cranky and Pedro who is an arrogant SOB and the only guy I never could root for even if NY got him. Pedroia and Papi I’d have taken in a heartbeat.

As far as the player Boston goes, why would she change her mind, at least before she played there? She certainly had plenty of UConn exposure. I’m someone who wonders if GA has become choosy to the point of not including more East coast and New England kids in an era where national level talent have more good choices closer to home. Three recruits in 2 years following 4 NC is kind of startling and 2 kids fromthe Walker class have left. Add that to both Butler and Stevens opting out, and you have an unexpected situation. He’s got two juniors who he is reluctant to play, Kyla played more out of need. Next year, absent some Spring help, especially up front, looks rough, st least nationally if not in the AAC. Williams, Walker and Dangerfield become the focus and outside of Williams, I’m not sure who will force teams to adjust the way Samuelson and Collier do? ONO has some potential, but Samuelson had one year with all great players and the next few with Collier, Williams and Nurse. This Spring and obviously next year are big if UConn is to remain at or near the top. Frankly, I often don’t get, maybe except for distance from home, why a kid wouldn’t jump at the chance to play under the best coach and in the best program in the sport’s history. But kids with choices and being 17 or so, are not supposed to be understood. Waste of time.

Reaction Score
We've seen a lot more players change their minds recently after thinking about it for a while. SC is having a horrible year & UConn has been a pleasant surprise. Boston's game is a perfect fit for what UConn needs next year.
There is no chance.

Reaction Score
ONO will eventually be an All American and will go high in the WNBA draft. ONO knows this. Most of the rest of us do, too. She is going to be a stud next year.
ONO"s AA may not be in the talent and ability she has, which seems exceptional, some will be affected by those she has supporting her.
Don't worry, I'm right next to you. I'll talk you through it.
Always the safety net---I can't walk, talk, or write without one (thanks Mods).

Reaction Score
Uh, I'm no expert on NCAA rules, but I'm pretty sure it would be tampering for Geno to continue pursuing her.
Not to worry. Should it be an NCAA violation an orange trimmed message may be received by the NcAA violations committee. Geno isn't a poacher, at least not from a long time friend.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Uh, I'm no expert on NCAA rules, but I'm pretty sure it would be tampering for Geno to continue pursuing her.
What is called when Texas reeled in Collier?

Reaction Score
Unless Geno continues to pursue her, then no chance. In his eyes you either want to join UCONN or you don't. She said no.
He can't pursue her. She's signed with SC. Major NCAA violation even if he had a third party contact her.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Collier only gave a verbal commitment, which from the standpoint of the NCAA is meaningless. Boston has signed a letter of intent which binds her to South Carolina for next year. Completely different circumstance.

Then why do we have this thread?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I cannot remember being happier with any freshman post than I am with ONO. Her possibilities are endless. Watch her play and grade her as a first year post. She runs the floor, she has quick feet in the post, she has good hands and makes clean catches, and she finishes well around the rim. Once she acquires some confidence, strength and the technique to defend similar size players, she will be fantastic.

If Boston had signed here, she would be a nice player to give ONO a breather, but I don't think she would be able to run with the 3 horses CD, CW, MW next year. Next year, you may be watching the fastest team in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom