Any chance Boston changes her mind and comes to UConn? | The Boneyard

Any chance Boston changes her mind and comes to UConn?

Reaction Score
We've seen a lot more players change their minds recently after thinking about it for a while. SC is having a horrible year & UConn has been a pleasant surprise. Boston's game is a perfect fit for what UConn needs next year.

Reaction Score
We've seen a lot more players change their minds recently after thinking about it for a while. SC is having a horrible year & UConn has been a pleasant surprise. Boston's game is a perfect fit for what UConn needs next year.

About the same chance of the mayor of Boston becoming a Yankee fan.

Reaction Score
It’d have to be a transfer or S. Car would have to let her out of Her National Letter of Intent She signed.

Reaction Score
The level of dislike for Boston in NY doesn't come close to the level of hatred of NY in Boston. Maybe if the Yankees go 80+ years without a title while Boston goes on to win 25+ rings the NY fans will hate Boston that much. And the proof is that the NY mayor's baseball loyalty is irrelevant. I doubt if Abraham Lincoln could win in Boston if he declared himself a Yankee fan.

Reaction Score
sad that UConn has lost out on two top five post players in the past couple of years but glad that a third showed the great sense and moxy to come on board....................instead of worrying about the two that got away I'll be watching as UConn works on making Ms ONO the best player she can be......................oh and I'd ask that they simply don't put all their eggs in one basket when the next great posts come around..............

Reaction Score

[mod edit]

Perfect size fit maybe. UC certainly could use a good wide big. But no point of acting like an ACC coach and kick Olivia Nelson Ododa under any push carts just yet She is coming along SLOWLY, but good things always take time, Geno has faith in her--and big need and desire for her to play--BIG BIG PLUS. she is getting special and long hard teaching of how not to foul, how to defend and how to rebound. The kid is smart, mobile, the AAC games will give her game time and CD will wring her neck for every miscue she makes--tough love and tough learning. Sitll Geno needs her NOW.
Have some compassion for the kid. She was expecting to back up Azura and now she is
IT..Tuff place for a HS kid to find herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
sad that UConn has lost out on two top five post players in the past couple of years but glad that a third showed the great sense and moxy to come on board.....instead of worrying about the two that got away I'll be watching as UConn works on making Ms ONO the best player she can be.......oh and I'd ask that they simply don't put all their eggs in one basket when the next great posts come around....
Honestly I didn't read your post before writing mind---it's like same minds same Thoughts ---No Boston we got ONO and they don't.

Reaction Score
Honestly I didn't read your post before writing mind---it's like same minds same Thoughts ---No Boston we got ONO and they don't.

actually it's very possible that UConn doesn't get ONO if Charli Collier doesn't change her mind and head to Texas as they were in the same class...................time will tell us which one is the better player but so far I'm very pleased with Ms ONO's attitude and abilities..........

Reaction Score
Speculate all you want, but the choices are made. Ono may very well be a good pick which grooming and time will tell.

What I have observed and learned is that some of these young folk require an education and training that does not pay off after a year of service inside of Geno's program. Then it is time to graduate. They just do not provide dividends by transferring. What Geno is doing is taking a risk on prior reputation and skill, but that does not mean that they will fit exactly into the UConn program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I have not heard/read anything about "signer's remorse" in the case of Aliyah Boston. A few thoughts on this post:
- When you say "change their minds...after thinking about it for a while," do you mean before or after signing? Boston was one of the last major prospects to announce her choices and one would've thought she'd been thinking hard about SC, Uconn, ND and Ohio State for months leading up to that choice. And since then....?
- The fact that SC is having a poor year this year, plus the players they recruited along with Boston, might be more of an incentive to attend rather than a deterrence. ("We'll get the ship on course again.")

What I have observed and learned is that some of these young folk require an education and training that does not pay off after a year of service inside of Geno's program.

- Particularly with bigs, both with UConn and elsewhere. How often have you seen bigs take awhile to get used to the speed and/or the nuances of the college game, whether they become a star or a solid D1 player? Koko Nelson needed every one of the five years she spent at ND to become a good 10-15 minute role player for the Irish, but chances are ND wouldn't have won the championship withhout her to spell Shepard or Westbeld and/or calm the troops down.

- ONO has a lot of great physical tools and is probably still getting back to full speed from her injury. She's certainly made some good contributions and will undoubtedly grow from year to year.
And chances are she'll run into Ms. Boston and Amihere at some point. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The level of dislike for Boston in NY doesn't come close to the level of hatred of NY in Boston. Maybe if the Yankees go 80+ years without a title while Boston goes on to win 25+ rings the NY fans will hate Boston that much. And the proof is that the NY mayor's baseball loyalty is irrelevant. I doubt if Abraham Lincoln could win in Boston if he declared himself a Yankee fan.
Ha ha, so not true. Boston has more recent championships in baseball (and basketball and football.) Sure we still still dislike New York, but winning leaves you in a good mood. Losing on the other hand leaves you like this.

Reaction Score
Boston? Nope. I'm still waiting for Ezi to have a change of heart.

did she turn pro in Austrailia? If so wouldn't she be unable to play USA college ball in the future?

Reaction Score
I honestly feel like she will one day change her mind. She’s been to so many UConn games and it the closet school to her home. Maybe before she starts at SC or maybe after her freshman season.

Reaction Score
I guess you never know down the road. Time will tell. Things can change in a few years, but I'd expect her mind to be made up for the time being.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lawd Hammercy..... kid hasnt even started second semester in her final year of high school...... and people already speculating on her transferring from college.... got some fans on here like

Camron praying.gif

:rolleyes::confused:Head bang

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Lawd Hammercy..... kid hasnt even started second semester in her final year of high school. and people already speculating on her transferring from college.... got some fans on here like
Seems like a manifestation of denial.

Reaction Score
Why are people thinking Boston might change her mind? I don't recall a thread like this for any other recruit. OK so she went to a lot of UConn games. What does that mean? Do people also think Brunelle is going to dump ND for Virginia at the last minute?

Reaction Score
actually it's very possible that UConn doesn't get ONO if Charli Collier doesn't change her mind and head to Texas as they were in the same class....time will tell us which one is the better player but so far I'm very pleased with Ms ONO's attitude and abilities.....

ONO will eventually be an All American and will go high in the WNBA draft. ONO knows this. Most of the rest of us do, too. She is going to be a stud next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lawd Hammercy..... kid hasnt even started second semester in her final year of high school. and people already speculating on her transferring from college.... got some fans on here like

View attachment 37716

Because UConn is so obviously the best choice for her.... fans here are just thinking of Boston.;)

Reaction Score

This kind of speculation serves no purpose. Boston made a decision that she felt was best for her. I wish her nothing but the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom