Antonio Brown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Antonio Brown

Reaction Score
Your whining about the Patriots is amusing. Remember, Bill (Belichick) preferred the Patriots. You should be happy he went to college at Wesleyan. Already named an athletic facility after him.

It's just a stupid game. Since fans take it so seriously, the people in position walk all over the fans. Do you learn anything?

While it's cool the Patriots won 6 titles with Brady, ultimately I don't care. I am not paying 300 to see Brady in Foxboro. I don't run around bragging about it. The bandwagon that developed out of nowhere is actually embarrassing. But good publicity for New England. All this is a stupid vain waste of time. I find much more pleasure in stuff like history and the depth of life.

And the weird gets even weirder.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Whelp, hopefully DMs and phone records between the two parties definittivly prove this thing one way or another.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Maybe Kraft can send over the same set of fancy lawyers who made his prostitution charge go away.

Guy got a blowie from an old lady. Big deal. Pay fine and move on. Maybe some community service. That's the penalty in Florida.

The whole trafficking thing was BS from the get go. Just mob fist fist shaking.

But an assistant state attorney at a hearing Friday conceded that while they initially suspected alleged prostitution at the spa was connected to trafficking, the evidence didn’t bear that out.
“There are no individuals that have been involved in this investigation or this prosecution that arise out of the Orchids of Asia spa that are being charged with human trafficking,” he said.
“We’ve vetted this case, we’ve done our due diligence, there is no human trafficking that arises out of this investigation.”

Prosecutors concede no human trafficking in Kraft spa case

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They were the only team willing to draft Hernandez.

That's purposefully over-dramatic. He would have been drafted by 100% of teams as he continued to fall. When is the question. BB picked him up when he did because a couple other teams were rumored to want him that rd.

For the Pats, Hernandez was a flyer. Higher risk, higher reward. They already got Gronkowski in that draft, so were covered at tight end.

hy do you think a top 15 talent dropped to the end of the fourth round?

You're rewriting history there. Hernandez was never considered a Top 15 talent. Most drafts had him mid second round. He fell approximately 1-2 rounds.

He dropped because of multiple (4+) marijuana charges, considered a partier and poor attitude.

One scouts draft profile was as follows:
Self-esteem is quite low; not well-adjusted emotionally, not happy, moods unpredictable, not stable, doesn't take much to set him off, but not an especially jumpy guy

The only problems publicly known with Hernandez were beating the marijuana charges (and maybe one fight iirc). Sure people knew he group up with and was around some shady guys. That probably makes up 25% of the NFL though.

It's a classic everybody "totally knew" after the fact. If people knew anything there would have been many stories on the guy. Where were all the predraft reports?

Reminds me of Bill Polian claiming years later he had a 1st rd grade on Brady but already had a quarterback at the time.

You don't think Belichick knew there were severe problems with Hernandez in New England or before? Didn't know he was a gang member?

What are "severe problems"? Partied too much? Bad temper? Immature? Got into a fight? Grew up in a gang-centric area of the world?

One Florida staffer:
"[Hernandez] was extremely young when he got there for us, we knew that, but it seemed like he had turned a corner and was maturing," the former Gators staffer said. "We knew there were things to work through. Hard-working kid, guys on team loved him. He's a tough guy; he didn't take crap off anybody, but never to the lines of what's being talked about [now].
With the Patriots, he was relatively quiet and withdrawn, respectful, and worked hard. What more do you want?

If BB thought there were huge red flags of the kind you are mentioning, they wouldn't have given him the contract.

Didn't know there were rumors of him shooting people in Florida? Hernandez had a serious past that Belichick chose to overlook and Hernandez wound up killing at least 3 people while coached by him.
There is naive and then there is this.

There weren't any rumors of him shooting people dude. There still isn't. He was cleared of anything related to that when it happened, and years after the fact when revisited. The police questioned him (and several other football players), but he was never even named as a suspect. We only found out about the situation later.

There wasn't any huge ruckus predraft. Let me ask you, if the media knew about all this, would they not have mentioned him "in connection" with that? If he was thought to be a 'gang banger', you think the media wouldn't have jumped all over that? That's what they do. And forget about potential murderer.

The entire sports world was completely and utterly shocked by the story when it came out. But you are saying they all knew it was gonna happen beforehand. Doesn't hold any water.

Reaction Score
That's purposefully over-dramatic. He would have been drafted by 100% of teams as he continued to fall. When is the question. BB picked him up when he did because a couple other teams were rumored to want him that rd.

For the Pats, Hernandez was a flyer. Higher risk, higher reward. They already got Gronkowski in that draft, so were covered at tight end.

You're rewriting history there. Hernandez was never considered a Top 15 talent. Most drafts had him mid second round. He fell approximately 1-2 rounds.

He dropped because of multiple (4+) marijuana charges, considered a partier and poor attitude.

One scouts draft profile was as follows:
Self-esteem is quite low; not well-adjusted emotionally, not happy, moods unpredictable, not stable, doesn't take much to set him off, but not an especially jumpy guy

The only problems publicly known with Hernandez were beating the marijuana charges (and maybe one fight iirc). Sure people knew he group up with and was around some shady guys. That probably makes up 25% of the NFL though.

It's a classic everybody "totally knew" after the fact. If people knew anything there would have been many stories on the guy. Where were all the predraft reports?

Reminds me of Bill Polian claiming years later he had a 1st rd grade on Brady but already had a quarterback at the time.

What are "severe problems"? Partied too much? Bad temper? Immature? Got into a fight? Grew up in a gang-centric area of the world?

One Florida staffer:
"[Hernandez] was extremely young when he got there for us, we knew that, but it seemed like he had turned a corner and was maturing," the former Gators staffer said. "We knew there were things to work through. Hard-working kid, guys on team loved him. He's a tough guy; he didn't take crap off anybody, but never to the lines of what's being talked about [now].
With the Patriots, he was relatively quiet and withdrawn, respectful, and worked hard. What more do you want?

If BB thought there were huge red flags of the kind you are mentioning, they wouldn't have given him the contract.

There weren't any rumors of him shooting people dude. There still isn't. He was cleared of anything related to that when it happened, and years after the fact when revisited. The police questioned him (and several other football players), but he was never even named as a suspect. We only found out about the situation later.

There wasn't any huge ruckus predraft. Let me ask you, if the media knew about all this, would they not have mentioned him "in connection" with that? If he was thought to be a 'gang banger', you think the media wouldn't have jumped all over that? That's what they do. And forget about potential murderer.

The entire sports world was completely and utterly shocked by the story when it came out. But you are saying they all knew it was gonna happen beforehand. Doesn't hold any water.
You're just wrong on all of this, Hernandez was absolutely a first round talent that isn't debatable. He was the best tight end in the country and most likely top 15 but everyone knew about his character. Everyone knew his gang ties, everyone knew about the rumor of the shooting, the fights, the failed drug tests.

Belichick didn't know he would turn into a serial killer but he knew all the red flags. While a Patriot he knew about the gang affiliation, he knew about him being a dust head etc. I doubt Belichick knew about the Antonio Brown rape allegations but when he was colluding with him (please tell me you don't believe there was no collusion?) he knew he was dealing with a monumental scumbag who burns everyone around him, CTE or not.

This is the kind of garbage I hate that comes along with fandom. The ease with with which fans pretend their favorite athletes aren't on PED's, the willingness to overlook the criminals involved with their favorite team etc.. I don't play that game, I call all of it out with my favorite teams and every other team.

I used to have to listen to this cr@p when George Mitchell (Red Sox board) came out with his roid list and it was all Yankees and no Red Sox. Call things straight.

Attachments

• EEJSPfLX4AAdbs3.jpeg
    EEJSPfLX4AAdbs3.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 37
Reaction Score
What? Huh? What are you talking about? So weird.

Why would my IQ be predicated on a sports team I've followed? Only smart people follow bandwagon winners? It would seem to me that's the more mundane or "dumb" route to take. So, I look forward to your thoughts here.

Reaction Score
Why would my IQ be predicated on a sports team I've followed? Only smart people follow bandwagon winners? It would seem to me that's the more mundane or "dumb" route to take. So, I look forward to your thoughts here.
No point. But we are in New England.

Hope Antonio Brown practicing doesn't trigger you.

Did you jump on the Joe Namath bandwagon, by any chance?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You're just wrong on all of this, Hernandez was absolutely a first round talent that isn't debatable. He was the best tight end in the country and most likely top 15

Personnel depts and scouts saying late 1st, early 2nd per Albert Breer. They could be lying or he could be making up things. So I'm off by a quarter of a round.

I'm not interested in what people are saying now about it. I'm interested in what they were saying then. Are there a bunch of articles that said AH is first round?

As I said earlier, BIll Polian had a 1st rd grade on Tom Brady.....15 years after the fact.

but everyone knew about his character. Everyone knew his gang ties, everyone knew about the rumor of the shooting, the fights, the failed drug tests.

And again, he wasn't remotely involved in that shooting. And hat comes from the lead detective in the case. The suspect was a black male. The only reason he was interviewed is because one of the survivors previously had an argument with him at a club.

And nobody said he was a choir boy. Of course there were character concerns. That's why he dropped. Low risk, high reward. A lot of guys have concerns.

When guys are young and impressionable (and AH was the youngest guy in the league), you don't know how they are going to turn out. And with AH most of it was rumors. So it's tough to tell. If there's not hard evidence on a guy, take a shot. Maybe he becomes a Caron Butler story. If not, cut him.

As for the questions about gang affiliation, the rumors, again, were there. But according to these evaluators, that is hardly uncommon. Plenty of players who grow up in gang-ridden areas enter the draft every year, and it certainly can be challenging for scouts to separate a player who is tangentially connected from those who are truly involved.
"He was considered a cool guy to be around. But around the program, he was the one guy everyone knew not to mess with. They knew he'd fight. He had a temper. I don't think anyone would've predicted what's going on now. He was one of those where it was hard to determine whether to take him off the board. You didn't say, 'He's a murderer.' My feeling is, most people had him off their boards because of the (drug) tests."
-NFC personnel director
I think BB thought with the right environment, he might mature. Bad call on his part.
Belichick didn't know he would turn into a serial killer but he knew all the red flags. While a Patriot he knew about the gang affiliation, he knew about him being a dust head etc.

Of course he knew there were some red flags. That's why it's taking a flyer.

But I guarantee that Bill had no idea he was a dust head; Hernandez only started using PCP in earnest a year before everything went down (according to friends of the family). He went off the rails and crashed and burned quick.

After the contract extension, when thing really went off the rails, Bill was clued into the fact he was partying too much, because he was missing rehab, hanging with a bad crowd etc and told him if he didn't put a stop to it, he'd get cut. Per an ESPN piece.

I also know that with anything Patriots, everyone loses their minds. Fans claiming Hernandez becoming a murderer was obvious ahead of time. It wasn't obvious. Guy had some character concerns. But so does a not insignificant portion of the NFL. Hell, some fans even frame it as the Patriots employ murderers in order to win. Which is laughable.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I doubt Belichick knew about the Antonio Brown rape allegations but when he was colluding with him (please tell me you don't believe there was no collusion?) he knew he was dealing with a monumental scumbag who burns everyone around him, CTE or not.

I believe there was the usual collusion that goes in these things. But I think people are taking the extent of it too far. I don't think BB was orchestrating this whole thing from the sideline, pulling Antonio Brown's strings like a puppet.

This is my opinion on what likely happened.
  1. The Patriots and some other teams (notably the Saints) expressed very strong interest in trading for Brown (and probably spoke in depth to his reps during that process).
  2. Brown got to Oakland, saw it was a sh!tshow in terms of winning, and wanted out.
  3. Brown's reps contact the Pats (and probably a few other teams) to determine if they'd sign him if Brown got Oakland to cut him. Answer: "yeah, they'll sign him instantly for such and such $$/years"--this is collusion.
  4. Brown pitches a fit to get released.
  5. Signs with his first choice.
Put it this way. If the Patriots weren't interested, I believe Brown would have done the exact same thing, but signed with somebody like the Saints.

As I mentioned above, with the Patriots, everyone loses their minds, so it's framed as BB walking step by step with Brown through this entire fiasco. When the actual scenario was more likely: "if you get cut, we're signing you".

In other words, Bill Belichick didn't order a code red.

This is the kind of garbage I hate that comes along with fandom. The ease with with which fans pretend their favorite athletes aren't on PED's, the willingness to overlook the criminals involved with their favorite team etc.. I don't play that game, I call all of it out with my favorite teams and every other team.

I've no problem calling things straight. I'm certain that I'm more cynical than most when it comes to sports. I'm on team "everybody cheats". Everybody's using PEDs. Everybody employs "scumbags". Everyone cheats at recruiting.*

Following that, I'm of the opinion that collusion is the normal state of affairs in the NFL (and other sports). We saw some stuff in the NBA this year. So I don't get worked up about it when my team, or some other team does it. They all tamper. They all collude. imo

And for the record, I posted (before the rape allegations) that I didn't want AB on the Pats when they signed him. I didn't, and don't, like the guy. I didn't want the circus. And they didn't need him anyway. But if he's on the team, I gotta root for him to do well, so they do well. All that said, I still think he should get due process.

*This is where you and I differ I think. I don't worry about it because that's the way it is. You just have to accept all of it. I've always been of the opinion that If you're going to wring your hands about these things, you should probably not watch sports. At the professional level, sports are tainted. They aren't pure.

You're calling these things out as if there's some moral baseline being represented by other teams. There's not. Their all the same kind of trash. EOD, professional sports are just entertainment, not some noble endeavor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No point. But we are in New England.

Hope Antonio Brown practicing doesn't trigger you.

Did you jump on the Joe Namath bandwagon, by any chance?

I am starting to worry that you hit your head on a pipe in your basement and have a severe concussion.

Reaction Score
Then why are you here?
Am working on that. Shouldn't be too difficult, ultimately. Seen enough. Other non-sports museums and tourist attractions are my new go-to. Went to GW's headquarters in Newburgh instead of a D3 soccer game yesterday. Can't believe he lived in a colonial mansion for 16 months while his rag-tag soldiers were fighting. First state park in American history. Newburgh has demolished too many old buildings, unfortunately.

Been trying to become detached from the ego. I was completely free of any spectator sports when the Patriots started winning Super Bowls but I crashed. Takes time and a lot of effort and dedication. I'll be gone one day from here, don't worry. Could just drop out right now and never cone back. Time shall tell.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am starting to worry that you hit your head on a pipe in your basement and have a severe concussion.
Your responses are really stupid. Yes, I was hit by a van when I was 12 and can't remember a week of my life due to bleeding inside the cranium. Doing quite well, am I not? Graduated from Fairfield Prep and UConn, with a bachelor of science in business administration, specializing in Management Information Systems.

Joe Namath is a joke.

Reaction Score
Your responses are really stupid. Yes, I was hit by a van when I was 12 and can't remember a week of my life due to bleeding inside the cranium. Doing quite well, am I not? Graduated from Fairfield Prep and UConn, with a bachelor of science in business administration, specializing in Management Information Systems.

Joe Namath is a joke.

Why do you think I am a Joe Namath fan? More head trauma?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still don't get the collusion charge. How long does it take to determine how much you want to pay a guy? Five minutes? Well-run teams can make quick decisions.

Reaction Score
I still don't get the collusion charge. How long does it take to determine how much you want to pay a guy? Five minutes? Well-run teams can make quick decisions.

Of course you don't. You're a Pats fan. And everyone else outside your world views things you do in this manner because of the litany of cheating and "bending" of the rules.

Reaction Score
Not surprised you're a lowlife.

Hartford, waaaaaaa!

Symptoms of concussion:
  • Unusual behavior, increased confusion, restlessness, or agitation.
  • Difficulty thinking clearly
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Irritability
  • More emotional
  • Poor attention
You need to seek the attention of a medical professional.

Reaction Score
Symptoms of concussion:
  • Unusual behavior, increased confusion, restlessness, or agitation.
  • Difficulty thinking clearly
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Irritability
  • More emotional
  • Poor attention
You need to seek the attention of a medical professional.
Don't you got some dead dads to mock? Loser.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom