Antonelli takes down JPM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Antonelli takes down JPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
THANK YOU DEBBIE‼️ I've always thought I could outcoach JPM and that's because she's so darn predictable. Finally someone higher up said it.
Being on TV does not make anyone "Higher UP". I suspect her opinion isn't any more correct than many on the Boneyard. But predictable is fixable, why not-able? She isn't the only one predictable :
--Nova!! Even Muffet --you know they are going to jump into you or drive and toss to the 3point shooter. Geno is unpredictable (most days) because his kids play with intensity and take what the
defense will allow. Few coaches can get that intensity..

Reaction Score
Is that like Certified? :)
The tried and true---is based on her playing even at Duke. The 6ft 6in is based on the article noted in the title of this thread. Until proven otherwise I think you will find her in the Uconn record as 6 6.
You have other information???

Reaction Score
But really wonder what Azura told Coach Geno about what it was like inside the Duke program.

On another note, who was it Britney Hunter played for at Duke before coming to Connecticut? Same JPM? Recall stories about lack of care with her knee issues there.
I'll be corrected, if wrong, but wasn't it the one who went to Texas and did a terrible job (I couldn't spell her name if I tried) Also it wasn't they wouldn't fix it Uconn had better knee surgeons. Great deal for Hunter, great for Geno it showed what a great stand up guy he is---she could have been great!!

Reaction Score
I guess sometimes my humor doesn't work. I have no doubt at all that she is 6' 6".
There was a cartoon in today's paper (you probably got it last fall, we are a bit behind) Non-Sequitur
A CEO sitting at the conf. Table head--say "Yes, Larry I know I'm the one who said we need full disclosure between departments but----- There is Larry sitting clothes-less --The block at the cartoon end says--Why LITERAL-IST NEED AN INTERPRETER!!
I'm the Literal-ist!! Sorry.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was a cartoon in today's paper (you probably got it last fall, we are a bit behind) Non-Sequitur
A CEO sitting at the conf. Table head--say "Yes, Larry I know I'm the one who said we need full disclosure between departments but----- There is Larry sitting clothes-less --The block at the cartoon end says--Why LITERAL-IST NEED AN INTERPRETER!!
I'm the Literal-ist!! Sorry.

S'okay. That has New Yorker cartoon written all over it.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Same as the inarticulate male jocks on ESPN. They know the game(s), but you give up the communication skills. Just gotta be a good interpreter.

Yeah, she's inarticulate. That's why multiple networks employ her as a commentator :rolleyes:

Her comments were perfectly intelligible. This is the sports section, not a literary magazine.

Reaction Score
Yeah, she's inarticulate. That's why multiple networks employ her as a commentator :rolleyes:

Her comments were perfectly intelligible. This is the sports section, not a literary magazine.
Sorry - my comments pertained to Laura Keeley, who wrote the article. However, upon further review, I do confess I was overly harsh to compare her communication skills with the typical ESPN / Fox jocks.

Reaction Score
You lost me!!! W ho is Abbe Sutto???[/

\

ABBY SUTTO is the greatest Forensic Scientist the world has ever know. She can run a DNA in 10 minutes, a facial detection in 30 seconds, detect that a leaf was grown in Mongolia 2/3's the way up mount obozes--and still have time to extract a bullet from a German Sheppard. As the second adopted child of long dead parents--well you know the rest. (the spelling of Sutto is done phonetically)
But she does this all with a very quiet voice....

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
The sad part of all this for you guys is, if Duke had a very good coach then you would have had competition for the top and not have to fight the
rap all alone as being bad for the game. With the talent we can draw just get us a coach PLEASE.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The sad part of all this for you guys is, if Duke had a very good coach then you would have had competition for the top and not have to fight the
rap all alone as being bad for the game. With the talent we can draw just get us a coach PLEASE.
I hope that if Duke does decide to make a change that you don't get a retread. There's an unfortunate tendency to recycle coaches rather than make an earnest effort to find the best coach for the program. I respect Michigan State for pulling Suzy Merchant out of Eastern Michigan, Marist for taking a chance on high school coach Brian Giorgis, and St. John's for plucking Kim Barnes-Arico out of then Division II New Jersey Institute of Technology. Hopefully Duke can find their Barnes-Arico.

Reaction Score
I hope that if Duke does decide to make a change that you don't get a retread. There's an unfortunate tendency to recycle coaches rather than make an earnest effort to find the best coach for the program. I respect Michigan State for pulling Suzy Merchant out of Eastern Michigan, Marist for taking a chance on high school coach Brian Giorgis, and St. John's for plucking Kim Barnes-Arico out of then Division II New Jersey Institute of Technology. Hopefully Duke can find their Barnes-Arico.

Duke is at a different level than the programs you cite. They should largely have the pick of current successful coaches who want to move to the top tier.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Duke is at a different level than the programs you cite. They should largely have the pick of current successful coaches who want to move to the top tier.
It was an analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS