Anthony: Why UConn men’s basketball coach Dan Hurley is so volatile: ‘Level of shame that comes with losing” | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Anthony: Why UConn men’s basketball coach Dan Hurley is so volatile: ‘Level of shame that comes with losing”

Reaction Score
Since we are, collaterally, talking about ref management and Jim Calhoun I thought you guys would get a kick out of this article quoting Old Big East ref Ray Perone talking about Calhoun riding him about calls.

“Later in the game (Calhoun) was literally begging for a technical foul — he wanted to get thrown out,” Perone, a longtime Bridgewater resident, recalled. “I said, ‘Coach, if I have to watch this garbage, you have to stay and watch it.’ He smiled and he got it — he moved on. It’s about your personality and managing their personalities.”
That is really funny. Can you imagine a ref like Teddy Valentine doing that? Some refs get it and I'm sure there are others who don't.

Reaction Score
Were you paid millions to represent a program on a national stage? I am assuming no. Every UConn fan should hold the coach to the highest standard--it's what he's paid for.
When did this go into effect? Where were you from 1986-2013?

Reaction Score
At the end KO was a statue on the bench. I want Hurley to be emotionaly involved and I want him to to recruit with the same passion. Then things will move forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET
Top Bottom