OT: - Anthony Joshua destroys Ngannou | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Anthony Joshua destroys Ngannou

Reaction Score
It would be nice if one of these days we would have a premier fight between two people who are actually boxers, eh?

And by boxers, I mean not one who retired decades ago (looking at you Mike).
Yup must be a casual fight fan because there were plenty of great fights in 2023 involving actual boxers.

Reaction Score
Almost reminds me of when Muhammad Ali in 1976 fought that wrestler. That was a low point for Ali to have to resort to that spectacle.
He also fought lyle Alzado. That "fight" showed just how insane the gap between Ali or another world class fighter and a regular human is even if that human is a 250lb roided up monster. Ali even stood in the corner letting Lyle swing away on his body and he took it like nothing. Crazy.

Reaction Score

Much better outcome for Joshua than Fury.

The only thing that surprised me was how quick it was. I thought it was going to go 4 maybe 5 rounds before the ko. But most knowledgeable people saw this coming. The Fury fight was a money grab for Fury he had no real fight in him. Same with Floyd carrying Conner for 10 rounds or whatever it was.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
My opinions on combat sports are probably the only ones worth considering. Fun bit of irony there

That's not ironic.

Didn't you squeeze into some random post that you're an assistant Principal and your students don't know you used to hustle free drinks taking on fights?

Stuff like that makes me giggle. PM me, lets train.

Reaction Score
That's not ironic.

Didn't you squeeze into some random post that you're an assistant Principal and your students don't know you used to hustle free drinks taking on fights?

Stuff like that makes me giggle. PM me, lets train.

Close. Generally after competing your buddies are obligated to buy you drinks until you DO pass out. All but one fight I was able to, more or less. The other I was spectacularly floored and I can't remember a thing lol

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Really disappointing Ngannou says he is not "done" with boxing. He had a great career in MMA and now he "needs" to box for paychecks. Also sad the boxing commissions ranked him after the Fury fight. He should not be ranked and he cannot beat any top 25-50 ranked heavyweights in a boxing match. The same can be said for any boxer trying to move to MMA.

As much as I cannot stand and blame Jake Paul for how popular these types of fights have become, I also tip my hat to Paul as he is actually putting more eyes on the sport. His future should be in promotion but he also appears to at least be serious about being a professional "boxer" too. The Tyson fight is a joke and as great as Tyson was in his prime I give him little to no chance in this event.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I love the idea of Tyson flying his head, power is the last thing to leave a boxer. Unfortunately I just do not see it and think this ends in a draw. Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. looked terrible in their exhibition which was expected due to their age.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom