OT: - Anthony Joshua destroys Ngannou | The Boneyard

OT: Anthony Joshua destroys Ngannou

Reaction Score
It would be nice if one of these days we would have a premier fight between two people who are actually boxers, eh?

And by boxers, I mean not one who retired decades ago (looking at you Mike).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is what would have happened vs Fury if Fury wasn't on coke and on the couch for his "training camp"

Reaction Score
It would be nice if one of these days we would have a premier fight between two people who are actually boxers, eh?

That he’s doing with Jake Paul is so sad. I remember when he got lumped up by that tomato can him saying that he couldn’t disrespect the sport anymore and now he’s doing this stuff. It sucks. Money’s money I guess.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Hope Iron Mike takes Paul's head off in first 2 rounds. He won't go much longer than that against the kid unless they class it an "exhibition".

Reaction Score
You know what I meant @How Sway?! odd flex

Regardless, just because Tyson was killer in the past doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out for being a part of clown show today.

Same thing with RJJ when he was having all those fights in Russia against club fighters

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Hope Iron Mike takes Paul's head off in first 2 rounds. He won't go much longer than that against the kid unless they class it an "exhibition".

You're drastically underestimating how much age is a factor here. Tyson will be, what, 59? My coach is 61 now, still in awesome shape for his age, but can hardly keep up with me in sparring even though I haven't trained seriously in years and he's 60lbs heavier than me. Same coach who fought professionally and whooped my butt into his early-50s easily. Reactions and movement just aren't the same.

I highly doubt Iron Mike wins the fight or even stays competitive if they go hard. If he does beat Paul it would be a massive upset IMO. There's a reason why professional athletes aren't 60.

Reaction Score
He just had one like 4 years ago

I have watched Tyson PPVs live. I think my earliest memory is his Holyfield fights back to back. Would've been maybe 2000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Tyson isn't interested in hurting people anymore, he just wants the money.

Sad for him and for boxing.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not upset. Growing a bit tired with the young man with an opinion on everything though.

Reaction Score
You're drastically underestimating how much age is a factor here. Tyson will be, what, 59? My coach is 61 now, still in awesome shape for his age, but can hardly keep up with me in sparring even though I haven't trained seriously in years and he's 60lbs heavier than me. Same coach who fought professionally and whooped my butt into his early-50s easily. Reactions and movement just aren't the same.

I highly doubt Iron Mike wins the fight or even stays competitive if they go hard. If he does beat Paul it would be a massive upset IMO. There's a reason why professional athletes aren't 60.
Only 57. And he still looks the part.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Regardless, just because Tyson was killer in the past doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out for being a part of clown show today.

Same thing with RJJ when he was having all those fights in Russia against club fighters
That's my point, Sway. Sad that Mike needs this money at 58 but he's no punk. He's earned that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have watched Tyson PPVs live. I think my earliest memory is his Holyfield fights back to back. Would've been maybe 2000.
Oh my, oh wow.

Without seeing 2000 listed as a date of earliest Tyson memory, I'd never have reflected on the brief window in time when I watched boxing, essentially my early years of cable television, marriage, home ownership, parenting, etc.

The rabbit hole I chose was Googling my college roommate's brother-in-law, who sourced our tickets and access to pre-game VIP buffets in the Riverfront Stadium parking garage when we attended the first 2 games of the 1976 World Series, during the early career years when Seth Abraham worked under Monte Irvin in the Commissioner Bowie Kuhn's office.

[From a 1982 New York Times article:

"More than anything else that he did or did not do, Bowie Kuhn will be remembered for that World Series game in 1976, when he wore only his suitcoat in the prime-time chill. Everyone else who was shivering that Sunday night in Cincinnati was bundled in an overcoat, a parka or several sweaters. But to Bowie Kuhn, if it was the World Series, it had to be warm."]

Televised boxing was where Seth made his greatest impact. Thanks for sparking the memories...

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

Agreed. Tired of these spectacles when there are real fights that can be made. I watch just about every boxing card but passed on this, even though the undercard had some interesting fights.

Luckily, June 1 free on ESPN there is a real fight with legitimate P4P boxers, Beterbiev vs. Bivol, with every light heavyweight belt on the line. There needs to be more of that and much less PPV fights.

Reaction Score
It's interesting and sad that these MMA fighters have to turn to boxing to get their big payday. This is the first time I have seen Francis get whooped. If this is was a MMA fight or even just a kickboxing fight he would destroy Anthony Joshua. But boxing, no, the high level boxers will beat him or almost any MMA fighter.

Reaction Score
That he’s doing with Jake Paul is so sad. I remember when he got lumped up by that tomato can him saying that he couldn’t disrespect the sport anymore and now he’s doing this stuff. It sucks. Money’s money I guess.
Almost reminds me of when Muhammad Ali in 1976 fought that wrestler. That was a low point for Ali to have to resort to that spectacle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My opinions on combat sports are probably the only ones worth considering. Fun bit of irony there
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
It's interesting and sad that these MMA fighters have to turn to boxing to get their big payday. This is the first time I have seen Francis get whooped. If this is was a MMA fight or even just a kickboxing fight he would destroy Anthony Joshua. But boxing, no, the high level boxers will beat him or almost any MMA fighter.

It's like expecting a volleyball player to compete in the NBA. Different sports even if they look similar.

Reaction Score
Frances reportedly made 20 million for this fight. If you combine all his UFC pay it doesn’t approach that. Smart move for the big payday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom