OT: - Anthony Davis Will Wear Boston Green | The Boneyard

OT: Anthony Davis Will Wear Boston Green

Reaction Score
For a while now I've been taking a lot of crap from people saying I'm crazy to think AD will end up with the Boston Celtics.

Now that the trade deadline has passed, does anyone agree that this doesn't seem as outlandish as it did several months ago?

If you're Ainge, what's your move post-season?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
For a while now I've been taking a lot of crap from people saying I'm crazy to think AD will end up with the Boston Celtics.

Now that the trade deadline has passed, does anyone agree that this doesn't seem as outlandish as it did several months ago?

Subject line reads like it's a news announcement, rather than conjecture however plausible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It never seemed outlandish. The Celtics were always seen to be the destination, with the Lakers making a push the last week. What is outlandish is people thinking Boston can get him without giving up Tatum.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It never seemed outlandish. The Celtics were always seen to be the destination, with the Lakers making a push the last week. What is outlandish is people thinking Boston can get him without giving up Tatum.

There is not a more delusional fan base than the Celtics'. They are working out trades like Baynes for AD plus 2 first rounders.

Reaction Score
I know theyll have to give up Tatum, but I wish they didnt.

I do not make the trade if you can't get a guarantee from Kyrie and AD. A one year rental is NOT worth Tatum, first round picks, and somebody else on the roster right now. Even if you do win the championship.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boston needs to see how this season plays out. They have a good shot at making Finals. Need to decide after season when they have a read on Kyrie. Ainge has stockpiled young talent and draft picks that could bring AD to Boston but Ainge won't risk everything if AD keeps saying he won't sign in Boston.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Celtics fan. It baffles me how fans and Celtics beat writers are willing to give up so much (Tatum, Horford, Smart, Williams, and three first rounders) for a guy who doesn't even want to be there. I repeat, AD doesn't even want to be there, so why would Ainge give up essentially the rock of the team for a one year rental? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score
Celtics definitely have the best assets. Gonna be interesting if Kyrie leaves. If he stays, it's a no-brainer to give NOLA a massive offer. We already know NOLA doesn't value the Lakers' players that much, so it makes sense they'd go with the Celtics, especially if Tatum is on the table.

Reaction Score
Celtics definitely have the best assets. Gonna be interesting if Kyrie leaves. If he stays, it's a no-brainer to give NOLA a massive offer. We already know NOLA doesn't value the Lakers' players that much, so it makes sense they'd go with the Celtics, especially if Tatum is on the table.
I wouldn't give up Tatum no matter the circumstance unless AD commits to a long-term contract. Tatum is a special player.

Reaction Score
This isn't a smart take...why would you bid against yourself and give them a "massive offer." Especially, when he's made it clear he doesn't want to play there.

Reaction Score
This isn't a smart take...why would you bid against yourself and give them a "massive offer." Especially, when he's made it clear he doesn't want to play there.

They're bidding against the Lakers and maybe the Knicks or Nuggets. NOLA wanted to wait until Celtics offer. They're not writing off the Lakers entirely.

Reaction Score
They're not bidding against themselves, they're bidding against every team in the league that wants AD, including the Lakers who are desperate. Did you see the offer that the Lakers made before the trade deadline? They put in just about everything they had. The Celtics need to top that, as well as any other offers that come in.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a question of whether or not Ainge is going to try and get Davis. It's happening, whether Celtics fans or Rich Paul want it or not. That's why the Pelicans didn't trade AD to the Lakers. The Celtics asked them to wait and assured them it would be worth it.

AD is one of the top 5 players in the NBA and he's 25. To trade for him, the Celtics are going to have to give up some of their best players and a number of picks. Whether or not that will include Tatum will be interesting, and will probably be discussed at length for the next 5 months. Definitely gonna depend on how the Celtics do in the play-offs, and also on whether or not Kyrie re-signs.

Reaction Score

I do not make the trade if you can't get a guarantee from Kyrie and AD. A one year rental is NOT worth Tatum, first round picks, and somebody else on the roster right now. Even if you do win the championship.

Agree but if he's going to sign I'm okay with it. Depends on how much else. Jaylen Brown playing more minutes isn't a bad thing especially with Davis in the middle.

Reaction Score

It’s like people forgot what Tatum did in the ECF against Lebron last year. The kid is so young and still so good already. Unless both are completely locked up long term, I wouldn’t consider it. And I’d exhaust just about every option before letting him in the deal. Ingram, Kuzma, Ball etc are not even in the same stratosphere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom