Another W for Celts | The Boneyard

Another W for Celts

Reaction Score
Ugly win but still such a fun team to watch.

16th win coming in OT against the Mavs (3-15 now).

Kyrie with 47 points.

They land another 6 8' - 6 9' positionless athletic freak in the 18 or 19 draft, and bring back Hayward full strength, going to be unfair.

Heard a commentator say the Celtics are on the path to becoming the next "patriots level" dynasty; AKA dominate the league for the next 10-15 years......I can see it

Reaction Score
Wow. Pretty impressive. Congratulations to coach Stevens, to the city of Boston and the Celtic fan base.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Free agency in basketball means the cap on a dynasty is 3-5 years but yeah they have so many good players under 25.
Except all of their own draft picks will have "Larry Bird rights," so they will be able to sign 4 players to max deals and be allowed to exceed the cap.

"In essence, the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent."

Reaction Score
Slow your roll. They are going to peak as the runner up for foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Stevens might be the best coach in the league and if not the best one of the top 3. He just knows how to put the pieces together.

No doubt he's tremendous and Danny needs a lot of credit too. He took a couple of chances and they have seemed to work out.

I mean Hayward gets back to what he is and they get another impact draft pick somehow next year watch out a potential dynasty without having major free agents all come together to form a team.

Reaction Score
Slow your roll. They are going to peak as the runner up for foreseeable future.

I beg to differ, unless you have very short vision, because I think they will peak as the runner up for 1-2 seasons, but after that the Golden State situation is up in the air.

I do not think they will be able to hang on to Curry/KD/Klay/Draymond beyond that and have much fuel in the second unit. I think and hope that either KD feels fine with his rings after that point or one of the others opts to go elsewhere. If they all take 10mil a year to keep the dynasty going, it will be quite boring from a basketball fan standpoint

Reaction Score
I beg to differ, unless you have very short vision, because I think they will peak as the runner up for 1-2 seasons, but after that the Golden State situation is up in the air.

I do not think they will be able to hang on to Curry/KD/Klay/Draymond beyond that and have much fuel in the second unit. I think and hope that either KD feels fine with his rings after that point or one of the others opts to go elsewhere. If they all take 10mil a year to keep the dynasty going, it will be quite boring from a basketball fan standpoint

Why would you expect Golden State to disintegrate, but not Boston? Otto Porter just got maxed out.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Stevens might be the best coach in the league and if not the best one of the top 3. He just knows how to put the pieces together.

No doubt he's tremendous and Danny needs a lot of credit too. He took a couple of chances and they have seemed to work out.

I mean Hayward gets back to what he is and they get another impact draft pick somehow next year watch out a potential dynasty without having major free agents all come together to form a team.

The coach has to buy into what the GM's model for the team is. Likewise the GM has to understand what the coach needs. Neither works in a vacuum.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Why would you expect Golden State to disintegrate, but not Boston? Otto Porter just got maxed out.
The only reason to expect Golden State to "disintegrate" is because their dynasty is theoretically in the twilight of its life cycle. The C's is just beginning.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He's certainly top three in my opinion. His biggest accomplishment this year, and the one I was watching for, is getting Kyrie to play team basketball. He's really bought into it, notwithstanding the big game yesterday. His assists are up, and he's showing incredible leadership, and preaching unselfish basketball. He's even playing much better defense.

When they made the trade, it was a clear win for Boston if they could get Kyrie to play the way Stevens wants to. He has. The results have been impressive, even without Hayward. Horford has played fantastic as well. He responded to a comment that he was playing like a younger version, and he replied that the young him never actually played this way. It's all about buy-in to the system. Stevens has met with Belichick a lot, and you can see similarities in how they approach things.

Reaction Score
The only reason to expect Golden State to "disintegrate" is because their dynasty is theoretically in the twilight of its life cycle. The C's is just beginning.

I would love to believe that the W's are in their twilight but I do not buy it for a second.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I would love to believe that the W's are in their twilight but I do not buy it for a second.

They have some tricky contract issues coming up. This year KD took less, which helped in the short run.

This article says that keeping the "Core 4" together for 4 years will cost $1.4 BILLION. Yeah, Lacob, Silicon Valley, venture capital, etc. That's a lot of cash. The players can take less than the max but that won't solve it. Hey, maybe they'll just pay whatever it costs. We'll see.

The Cost To Keep The Warriors Together In The Future Is Astonishing

Golden State is headed into a new $1 billion arena, The Chase Center, in 2019 and it’s fitting that their newest arena sponsor is a bank. Not only is the new arena going to cost a billion, but keeping together this core group for any extended period of time is expected to break the bank to the tune of over $1 billion.

Reaction Score
They have some tricky contract issues coming up. This year KD took less, which helped in the short run.

This article says that keeping the "Core 4" together for 4 years will cost $1.4 BILLION. Yeah, Lacob, Silicon Valley, venture capital, etc. That's a lot of cash. The players can take less than the max but that won't solve it. Hey, maybe they'll just pay whatever it costs. We'll see.

The Cost To Keep The Warriors Together In The Future Is Astonishing

Golden State is headed into a new $1 billion arena, The Chase Center, in 2019 and it’s fitting that their newest arena sponsor is a bank. Not only is the new arena going to cost a billion, but keeping together this core group for any extended period of time is expected to break the bank to the tune of over $1 billion.

It will be fun to see what happens. That's actually a little less than I had thought; I thought I read it was upwards of 400 million when Thompson and Green need to re-up. I personally hope that Draymond tries to go it and craps the bed.

Husky25

Reaction Score

In theory, keeping the Warriors' core together only costs money, but they've been to the Finals 3 straight years and 3/4 of their core have 2 rings. KD just won one, so does he move on as the alpha of another super team for more dollars? Are Thompson and Greene satisfied with the Scottie Pippen role (at best), or do their egos long for something more prominent?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In theory, keeping the Warriors' core together only costs money, but they've been to the Finals 3 straight years and 3/4 of their core have 2 rings. KD just won one, so does he move on as the alpha of another super team for more dollars? Are Thompson and Greene satisfied with the Scottie Pippen role (at best), or do their egos long for something more prominent?

KD just said he likes not being the alpha.

Reaction Score
I can definitely see Thompson going elsewhere. He is now the 3rd option on that team at best. Out of their core, I can see him feeling he has the most to prove individually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom