Another Undefeated Season to Begin on Friday | The Boneyard

Another Undefeated Season to Begin on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All this talk about UConn and who can beat them. Well the answer is if UConn is healthy Nobody. No even close. Lets look at the roster. Breanna POY and only a Jr. KML AA and it aint even close shes so good. MoJeff was either 1 or 2 in the HS polls. Morgan Tuck number 1 in HS polls before she got hurt. Saniya Chong POY in NY.

So with that said we can out talent any team in WCBB, now add to that our defense, chemistry, continuity and superior coaching and no not even a chance UConn gets beat. UConn can beat themselves but if healthy no other team in WCBB can beat them. Opponents have just to much to over come.

First of all it will take a miracle for a team to get within double digits of this UConn machine. This team is a machine. Mentally, physically, tuff, mentally and physically, confident and cohesive. You cant break this team. Yeah some teams may hang with them for a while but they cant last. They cant last because they are not as prepared as UConn is. Calling Geno is Genius is an understatement. I don't know if there is a coach that can have his team more prepared in every facet for every game, and have them all on the same page as Geno does year after year game after game, practice after practice. One thing I can say about Geno is he is a copy worth duplicating . His players are in his image and for the freshman they will be. Right now the freshman are a work in process. In a year or too they will be on the same page as Geno and the leaders of this team.

I was once told by a very good friend to be successful you must make a total commitment, you will pay a huge price to be successful in advance and there are no guarantees. He said in order to make a total commitment, you have to give up everything and be willing to re learn everything the right way and it starts first with the way you think and your attitude. You know what he was right. He helped change my life.

This is exactly what Geno does with his players to make them the best they can be in every aspect of basketball and life after basketball. Hey as great as UConn Womens BB is not everybody makes it to the pros. That's the way it is but they are all still family and will always be UConn family.

There are a lot of very talented teams this season in WCBB. Some have great players, some great go to players, some great coaching but none of that is enough to even be on the same page as this UConn Machine. Yes UConn will go through some growing pains this weekend and maybe in Florida too as they are molded into a team. The freshman will learn from this and become part of the team. Qualities and positions will be established over the next few weeks. This doesn't happen over nite. Its a learning experience. However when March rolls around UConn will be rolling at a level that only UConn can ascertain because they are prepared better then any other team.

Its taken over 20 years to become an over nite sensation and it aint stopping this season.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
All this talk about UConn and who can beat them. Well the answer is if UConn is healthy Nobody. No even close. .

The gentleman has a point.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If this were the men's board, Tony would be hung for a mojo violation. We are doooooomed!

Reaction Score
That old expression, "practice makes perfect" is a lie it should read, "perfect practice makes perfect!" That is why UCONN is the best they out work everyone else in WCBB!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
damn... it takes 20yrs to become an "overnight sensation"

BTW since she wasnt mentioned:
images

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the second sentence should be 'If Uconn is healthy and bring their A game'. It does not happen often against competitive teams but we can all think of a few games where 'B' was not good enough.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Did you have a double espresso last night after dinner?? You seem a little caffeinated.....I kid. Love ya, Tony!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom