Another reason Attendance is going down | The Boneyard

Another reason Attendance is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
No-one has mentioned a major reason why UConn attendance is so low. We have three moderators and except for the Stanford game, I don't think any of them have seen a game since Diana left. Fans would come to the half time BoneYard meetings and ask me to point them out. Many have even asked me if JS is a man or a woman. Since I know he'll never show up, I just point to the first person walking past and say "that's JS who is too snobbish to talk to us." After a while the fans stop coming to UConn games and the BoneYard and start going to Utenn and the Summitt where they have only one moderator who manages to make every game.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
No-one has mentioned a major reason why UConn attendance is so low. We have three moderators and except for the Stanford game, I don't think any of them have seen a game since Diana left. Fans would come to the half time BoneYard meetings and ask me to point them out. Many have even asked me if JS is a man or a woman. Since I know he'll never show up, I just point to the first person walking past and say "that's JS who is too snobbish to talk to us." After a while the fans stop coming to UConn games and the BoneYard and start going to Utenn and the Summitt where they have only one moderator who manages to make every game.

How do you recognize them by just looking at their knees? Inquiring bears would like to know.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Bill defines the term "curmudgeon."

And I hope he is back to stay. I have missed him, and his wit and wisdom.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bill defines the term "curmudgeon."

And I hope he is back to stay. I have missed him, and his wit and wisdom.
+1 I told him the same thing last time I saw him, Kib.

JS

Reaction Score
Since I know he'll never show up, I just point to the first person walking past and say "that's JS who is too snobbish to talk to us."
You even pointed to ME at the Stanford game and made what you thought was a false accusation that I was JS. Proves your point I guess, but I will say you need to distinguish between those who don't talk to you because they're snobbish and those who just haven't looked down yet.

Reaction Score
... No-one has has even asked me if JS is a man or a woman. Since I know he'll never show up, I just point to the first person walking past and say "that's JS who is too snobbish to talk to us." ...

HuskyBill, the man with a bad altitude.

Snobby knees or knobby knees? From your perspective it's hard to tell the difference.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
How do you recognize them by just looking at their knees? Inquiring bears would like to know

grizz...can't tell you...that's on a kneed-to-know basis.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Hmmm... last time bill kneeded a bear, the results were...well, bad.

bear+and+gnome.jpg

Reaction Score
One reason is that all of the best seats are reserved for students, coaches, family, UN ambassadors and Emmy winners as far as I can see. Every time I buy tickets they're in the nose bleed section. you're much better at home with replays, etc.
I bought tickets for the ND game three months ahead of time and we're still up there in the clouds.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Billy always remind me of my affection for the LV's and even questioned why I was AT the game when I can sit at home like I normally do.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Bill has very short patience for me, and it seems that whatevcr I say goes over his head.

Reaction Score
One reason is that all of the best seats are reserved for students, coaches, family, UN ambassadors and Emmy winners as far as I can see. Every time I buy tickets they're in the nose bleed section. you're much better at home with replays, etc.
I bought tickets for the ND game three months ahead of time and we're still up there in the clouds.

I totally agree, I have tried to get seats for some games a XL for 6 of my grandchildren and I and no matter how much in advance I look the seats are
$22.00 to $38.00 and that is for games like Fairfield etc. IMO- they need to have special prices for kids under 14 years old so they can continue to keep their fan base afetr us old fogiie are gone.think about it

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I totally agree, I have tried to get seats for some games a XL for 6 of my grandchildren and I and no matter how much in advance I look the seats are
$22.00 to $38.00 and that is for games like Fairfield etc. IMO- they need to have special prices for kids under 14 years old so they can continue to keep their fan base afetr us old fogiie are gone.think about it

I just found 7 tickets at Gampel Section 222 Row Q Seats 6-12

84.00 is the subtotal... fees? lets say an even $100.00, is that too much for you and your 6 GC?

Reaction Score
I just found 7 tickets at Gampel Section 222 Row Q Seats 6-12

84.00 is the subtotal... fees? lets say an even $100.00, is that too much for you and your 6 GC?
No, not at all, what site ? and thanks

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No, not at all, what site ? and thanks
Ticketmaster.com

type in UConn in the search bar

under price go to the "Husky Discount" price $10.00

and follow the rest of the instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics