Another need a new tv thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another need a new tv thread

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Montgomery Ward floor model, my fam's go-to tv.

Reaction Score
Some pertinent information. QLED has absolutely nothing to do with OLED other than to confuse consumers into thinking they are the same or similar, THEY ARE NOT. Just Samsung being deliberately misleading. Stay away from LG depending on how old you are, they like to say that LG stands for “Life is good “. L stands for Lucky the biggest wherehouse distributors in Asia company who partnered with ready, almost the G stands for Goldstar the shittiest electronics company who started off making god awful microwave ovens that rarely ever worked and were more likely to catch fire and had no parts of service centers in the USA so they pulled the name off of the market and reinvented themselves as LG. ( who have gotten better but are lower quality). Pretty much everything else out there is generic products and somebody slaps a name on it. Like Pioneer, RCA, Onn and whatever names BEST BUY ( Hisense ? ), is selling these days. Sharp , Toshiba still make most of their own products as far as I know. Good luck.
LG was supplying Sony with OLED screens, but Sony’s processor is the difference.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of a couple years ago when my brother splurged on a 75" LG. I would joke, "Hey, the neighbor across the street just texted me that they're tired of watching football and asked me to relay a channel-change request!"

He has had LG's for a long time; the 55" LG he moved to his bedroom when he got the 75" died just recently, and he'd had it for 15 years. So there's that.

Reaction Score
That's funny. My $350 TCL has performed like a champ for years, I like the built in Roku. I had a Samsung that cost triple and crapped out in 2 years.
Mostly the same, here. I have a 55" connected to my desktop that is crazy good quality and super high refresh rate. Love it. Bought the same model for the living room and love it there, too, though I had to replace the power supply board after only 18 months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom