Another monster game from AD | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another monster game from AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Drummond should lead the league in offensive boards if his teammates keep shooting like they did in that vid.

He currently leads Dwight Howard in Oboards, 7.2 to 4.8, and leads Deandre Jordan in Dboards 13.2 to 10.8. He's also tied with Russell Westbrook for double doubles at 6. And he's played one less game than RW.

Monster is an understatement.

Reaction Score
I have to keep reminding myself that he just turned 22. The progress in his post game with his footwork and those gorgeous hooks is incredible and there's no reason to think that what's still a somewhat raw post game won't get significantly better. We heard so much about the decline of the big man in recent years but with him, the unibrow, and a very solid second young second tier of post players, there's a definite resurgence. Assuming he can stay healthy and continues to develop his post moves, Drummond should be an absolute monster (not that he isn't already) in his mid-to-late 20's.

Reaction Score
Drummond will lead the league in offensive rebounding again because he's by far the best offensive rebounder in the league, he's on pace to maybe be the best offensive rebounder ever.
I agree, just saying it helps when teammates miss shots. That Jackson kid looked like he's got a license (or freedom) to hoist. He had 26 field goal attempts in that game.

Jackson's stats for the prior 4 games read 8-18, 8-20, 9-24, and 7-14 (29 of 76). That's almost 50 available offensive boards from just one player.

In the Portland game Marcus Morris was 5 for 18, and that Pope kid was 6 for 15.

You know the NBA much better than me, but it looks likes Drummond has not much of a supporting cast in Detroit.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If his post game continues to improve, and he were could improve his FT shooting to the 65 ~ 70% range, and add a Wes Unseld type outlet pass mentality, he would be THE dominant force in the paint in the league.

I kind of miss seeing him flash out to steal the ball or intercept a pass on the perimeter and run a one man power break every now and then, but obviously, staying home in the paint is serving him and his team much better than looking for that opportunity ever did.

Reaction Score
Not sure how Coach K can leave Drummond off the USA roster for the upcoming Olympics.
1. Did you see how badly he outplayed Plumlee?
2. Given how many 2nd chance points he gets in the NBA, imagine what he could do in international play, where you can take the ball off the rim.

Reaction Score
I can't believe how far his offense has come. He is not just an offensive vulture that cleans up misses. His jump hooks and post moves are legit. He is even showing the ability to catch the ball on the wing and dribble into the lane. Amazing he lasted till the 9th pick.

Reaction Score
Classic case of a guy with incredible talent willing to put in the work to reach his potential. He worked like a dog the last two summers and it's paying dividends.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This is the start of a perennial all-star career for Drummond. Very happy for him. He looks similar to Cousins but instead he has a good head on his shoulders. He will represent UConn really well for many years.

Cousins with class

Reaction Score
The next step in his offensive development will be to catch it in the post, turn and face, and make the 12-14 foot jump shot. If he learns that, he will be the best big man in the league (along with Davis) for a decade.

Reaction Score
Classic case of a guy with incredible talent willing to put in the work to reach his potential. He worked like a dog the last two summers and it's paying dividends.

It also doesn't hurt that, unlike most UConn stars, he's in the perfect situation with the perfect coach. I'm really excited to see how this works out.

Reaction Score
Just got named player of the week for the second consecutive week! Wonder if that's a first for a UConn alum. Amazing what AD is doing as he just starts scratching the surface of his immense ability.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Those first two comments are hard to argue, the third one is a dude who read a headline.

Breaking News: 18 year old athletically gifted but raw big man improves and matures tremendously in the following three years, as he is allowed to work and focus on his game 24/7 w the best instruction and competition in the world. Shocking stuff. That second post is stupid.

Only the first one makes sense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Breaking News: 18 year old athletically gifted but raw big man improves and matures tremendously in the following three years, as he is allowed to work and focus on his game 24/7 w the best instruction and competition in the world. Shocking stuff. That second post is stupid.

I'm sure the millions of dollars at stake doesn't hurt

Reaction Score
The next step in his offensive development will be to catch it in the post, turn and face, and make the 12-14 foot jump shot. If he learns that, he will be the best big man in the league (along with Davis) for a decade.
He will, but he doesn't need it yet. His first step is too quick for most big guys.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

What's even funnier than the whole "Drummond sucked/didn't play hard at UConn" crowd is that he in fact nearly averaged a double double in Big East play.

He was good here (nobody could've lived up to the Drummond hype machine) and he's only getting better now.

Great ambassador for UConn in the league.

Reaction Score
These were Drummond's teammates at UConn. Not a bad bunch.

Anyway this kind of puts this year's expectations in perspective, and makes one (or at least me) appreciate our Championships.

Shabazz Napier
Jeremy Lamb
D. Daniels
Alex Oriakhi
Andre Drummond
Ryan Boatright
Roscoe Smith
Niels Giffey
Tyler O.
Enosch W.

Reaction Score
Looks like Andre matches up with DeMarcus Cousins tonight. Should be an interesting gauge for Andre. I haven't paid too much attention to their match ups in the past, but I am under the impression it was a toss up. The NBA world will notice if Andre out-muscles and out-quick's Cousins tonight.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
https://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/6736/breaking-down-andre-drummond-s-ridiculous-start

Great article from Number Fire: 'Breaking Down Andre Drummond's Ridiculous Start'

Best line from the article. Hell, best line in this thread... " If Drummond could only rebound on offense, he'd still average more per game than Lakers' 7-foot-2 center Roy Hibbert. With 7.2 offensive rebounds per game, Drummond would rank in the top 50 when only counting his rebounds on offense. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom