Another monster game from AD | The Boneyard

Another monster game from AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This is the start of a perennial all-star career for Drummond. Very happy for him. He looks similar to Cousins but instead he has a good head on his shoulders. He will represent UConn really well for many years.

Reaction Score
This is the start of a perennial all-star career for Drummond. Very happy for him. He looks similar to Cousins but instead he has a good head on his shoulders. He will represent UConn really well for many years.

^ This.

Reaction Score
When Drummond was a freshman I remember some scout comparing him to Shaq. At the time I thought it was a ridiculous comparison. Shaq was so big. So nimble for this size. I watched a series of 2015 Drummond highlights after this thread started. I was sorta in awe. I still don't think he's shaq, but that comparison from years ago didn't seem as ridiculous as it once did. Physically dominating almost everyone in the league at this point. Regular NBA bigs look like college kids against Drummond. Only the dude on the Clippers, Howard and the Kentucky kid on the Kings seem capable of physically matching up with Andre.

Reaction Score
He's gonna come back to earth a little but I think he still leads the league in rebounding by a sizable margin, which he could do for most of the next decade really

Reaction Score
When Drummond was a freshman I remember some scout comparing him to Shaq. At the time I thought it was a ridiculous comparison. Shaq was so big. So nimble for this size. I watched a series of 2015 Drummond highlights after this thread started. I was sorta in awe. I still don't think he's shaq, but that comparison from years ago didn't seem as ridiculous as it once did. Physically dominating almost everyone in the league at this point. Regular NBA bigs look like college kids against Drummond. Only the dude on the Clippers, Howard and the Kentucky kid on the Kings seem capable of physically matching up with Andre.

Baby Shaq? Why not? Maybe the closest thing to Shaq since, well, Shaq.

He's got the free throws down.

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, Shaq was not the best rebounder. Good. Probably even great, but never anything like 20 rebounds/game. I took a quick look at Shaq's season averages. Approached 14/game a couple times. Mostly in the 11 to 12 range. Hopefully Andre can keep it up.

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, Shaq was not the best rebounder. Good. Probably even great, but never anything like 20 rebounds/game. I took a quick look at Shaq's season averages. Approached 14/game a couple times. Mostly in the 11 to 12 range. Hopefully Andre can keep it up.

Very good rebounder, but not known for his rebounding. He dominated offensively in the paint with his size and strength. That's what he will be remembered for mostly.

Reaction Score
I remember reading before the season started how Dre was tired of Detroit losing and being the laughing stock of the league and that it was going change.
Boy was he right, the kid is becoming a super star. Before the season started rumor was that Detroit is going give him 180 million contract. insane
Good for him he's a good dude he earned my respect just coming to UConn as a walk on.

Reaction Score
That block at the end is totally bad-a**. So is the up-fake and dunk. He abused 3 people.

Reaction Score
I remember reading before the season started how Dre was tired of Detroit losing and being the laughing stock of the league and that it was going change.
Boy was he right, the kid is becoming a super star. Before the season started rumor was that Detroit is going give him 180 million contract. insane
Good for him he's a good dude he earned my respect just coming to UConn as a walk on.

Best part of story about his contact is he told the pistons to hold off and he would sign this upcoming off season instead. He did this so the pistons would have more money to spend on free agents next year and wouldn't have to take a cap hit.

Andre will also get a little more under the new max contact rules but he's also risking getting an injury. All in all he was doing Detroit a favor to allow them to build a better team. Not sure how many players would have turned down that contract to wait a year for the good of the team

Reaction Score
That move at 1:42...it's just sick...3 defenders collapse on the up fake, he just hits the power dribble and drops the hammer...I had to watch it like 10 times.

Me too, that one and then seeing all of his little jump hooks look great has me impressed. I was planning on getting Dre on my fantasy teams, but it didn't end up working out and man am I regretting that. Just looking at box scores, you don't get a sense of how a guy is putting up great numbers, and he looks like a beast

Reaction Score
No way he keeps up a 20 rpg average imo, but maybe he ends up around 16 per game? Props if he can keep this up? I'm so glad i have league pass watching him rack up points and boards is just so much fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Drummond should lead the league in offensive boards if his teammates keep shooting like they did in that vid.

Reaction Score
Drummond should lead the league in offensive boards if his teammates keep shooting like they did in that vid.
Drummond will lead the league in offensive rebounding again because he's by far the best offensive rebounder in the league, he's on pace to maybe be the best offensive rebounder ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom