Another Jana thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another Jana thread

Reaction Score
Coming into their soph year, few were forecasting such a great performance from Katy Lou, Napheesa, and Gabby. My hope is that Jana will lead a similar level of excellence from all the questions marks -Azzi, frosh, etc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like that she is quick; she can definitely get up and down the floor with fast breaks. Many big players are just so dang immobile!
Decent handle for a big too!

Reaction Score
Everyone has made some great points about Jana and I am looking forward to seeing her step out on the court and mixing things up out there. I love the fact that she likes contact. Not afraid to get in there and battle for rebounds. I hope that over the summer and during workouts, the coaching staff and her father, are working on her blocking shots and the proper way to do it. Jana is going to be exciting out there.

Reaction Score
Jana is impressive in those videos, especially her footwork to get off shots against multiple defenders. She probably will not be able to do that so easily at this level. She will have to learn to feel the double team coming and when to kick the ball back out to an open shooter. She didn't appear to have that option with her national team. Be prepared for some strips and turnovers in her early games. I'm sure the coaches will address that.

Reaction Score
Jana is impressive in those videos, especially her footwork to get off shots against multiple defenders. She probably will not be able to do that so easily at this level. She will have to learn to feel the double team coming and when to kick the ball back out to an open shooter. She didn't appear to have that option with her national team. Be prepared for some strips and turnovers in her early games. I'm sure the coaches will address that.
That's a good point. Developing an appropriate level of confidence in her UConn teammates will take a change in mindset on Jana's part, one I'm sure she is willing to make.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Excuse me, please, who is the "Big O?"
HoopsGurlz #2 ranked player

680B481D-C9C0-4CB9-8146-618DF82AB94F.jpeg

Reaction Score
I know Geno hypes his players sometimes, but I like that a couple weeks ago he said they have to kinda keep her away from contact and that she loves the contact. It's interesting because I think with Ice is was kinda the opposite. They kept saying she has to get used and comfortable with the contact which was always interesting cuz she has a strong frame. The only thing I worry about is her motor. I think our most recent stretch of bigs have been amazing in this department. I feel like this was dorkas super power. But AE had a great motor as well.

Reaction Score
Coming into their soph year, few were forecasting such a great performance from Katy Lou, Napheesa, and Gabby. My hope is that Jana will lead a similar level of excellence from all the questions marks -Azzi, frosh, etc.

Gabby was a junior when Pheesa and KLS were sophmores. Also a bit of a difference since they all played. Jana has not and will be considered a freshman

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With the possibility of having Paige, Azzi, and Kaitlyn on the floor at the same time it just may limit the chance of teams double teaming Jana down low.

Reaction Score
I know Geno hypes his players sometimes, but I like that a couple weeks ago he said they have to kinda keep her away from contact and that she loves the contact. It's interesting because I think with Ice is was kinda the opposite. They kept saying she has to get used and comfortable with the contact which was always interesting cuz she has a strong frame. The only thing I worry about is her motor. I think our most recent stretch of bigs have been amazing in this department. I feel like this was dorkas super power. But AE had a great motor as well.
Brady isn't afraid of contact. On defense she bodies for position as well as anyone. Offensively, because of the bigger quicker competition, she's gotten into a bad habit of trying to avoid defenders to get her shot off. Once she learns to go up into the defender's face inside to draw the contact, she'll be fine and go to the FT line a lot. The coaches have to demand it because that's what the opponents have been doing to her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom