Another German Recruit | The Boneyard

Another German Recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
interesting. my only beef with getting a extra big body would be if were going overseas because most times those kids can't qualify right away or aren't ready to play right away anyway. gif was rare to be able(school credits) to play right away 1, then 2nd that he was good enough to play right away.

Reaction Score
interesting. my only beef with getting a extra big body would be if were going overseas because most times those kids can't qualify right away or aren't ready to play right away anyway. gif was rare to be able(school credits) to play right away 1, then 2nd that he was good enough to play right away.

It really boggles my mind what the NCAA has against foreign kids. I mean, how hard can it possibly be to determine whether these kids are academically eligible? They've taken SATs, they've taken TOEFLs, they have transcripts. This isn't rocket science, it's easy as pie.

Reaction Score
It really boggles my mind what the NCAA has against foreign kids. I mean, how hard can it possibly be to determine whether these kids are academically eligible? They've taken SATs, they've taken TOEFLs, they have transcripts. This isn't rocket science, it's easy as pie.

What happened to all the 22 year old Lithuanians and such that used to come up big for various A10 programs year after year? Would love to bring in a mature Euro with a big body and basic bball skills that just wants some exposure over here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it's Hans Schultze he's popped up on a few people's radar. He's a big kid but he needs to get in better shape. Here's a picture of Calipari explaining to him how he can be the next great one and done if he comes to Kentucky.

0.jpg

Reaction Score
I think it's Hans Schultze he's popped up on a few people's radar. He's a big kid but he needs to get in better shape. Here's a picture of Calipari explaining to him how he can be the next great one and done if he comes to Kentucky.

0.jpg

LOL, and when the NCAA catches wind of all the money Schultz was paid to play for Kentucky, what is Schultz going to say to the NCAA?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i got his name

Ralf Möller, kids a beast.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Leon Tolksdorf, a 2012 wing from Germany, is on campus today, per Joey Natale.

Reaction Score
It's a fricken blitzkrieg. :)

Strange that we seem to have plenty of wings. But if he's legit high major talent, why not?

Reaction Score
seems to have pretty good size, about 6'7"(I've also seen 6'5" but that is a euro listing and they list heights w/o shoes) and 220lbs, pretty good weight on him. If the plan is to go small ball this year and spread the court with shooters while Boat/Bazz/Evans dribble penetrate it makes sense for them to be looking at more wings.

Reaction Score
Kid CAN SHOOT! nice form on his jumper and can definately help us out.

Go get'em coach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good in Germany does not equal good against top US schools. Still, it would be good to have someone who can hit an open three and I have to believe our it will take opponents back a bit to have a bunch of guys in Connecticut uniforms running around yelling: "Werfen Sie mich der Felsen!"

Reaction Score
His jumper looks alot like Novak's(not saying he just as good a shooter).

Reaction Score
[ "Werfen Sie mich der Felsen!"[/quote]

.....you think they'd be that formal?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
seems to have pretty good size, about 6'7"(I've also seen 6'5" but that is a euro listing and they list heights w/o shoes) and 220lbs, pretty good weight on him. If the plan is to go small ball this year and spread the court with shooters while Boat/Bazz/Evans dribble penetrate it makes sense for them to be looking at more wings.

Wow, he doesn't miss on the video!!! ;)

I could see him playing some 4 for us if he's a legit 6'7"...seemed fairly strong, good hands. He did block some shots, but the opposition did not seem to have a lot of height. I did not see him dunk once on the video, which is unusual for highlight vids (at least in the US). Not sure he will have the quickness to play the 3 here, but hard to tell much really.

Nice high arc on his 3 point shots. He seemed wide open on most of them, hope he can shoot it with someone on him.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Excellent form on his jumper. Pretty quick trigger/release. Great follow through.

I know good form doesn't mean much if you can't hit the shots, but this kid looks good. I trust the staff.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guys the kid can shoot. but hes not that tall. 6'5 at a max it looks like. we don't need that to take a ship up with a small wing. he could also lose a couple pounds and put some muscle on, no big deal there. my issues is watching the d in that video. they are slow and basically a middle school team. the kid is going to have the same if not worse issues gif had/has which is the speed of the game. with the shot he has he def has potential, but hes not as good as gif was his frosh year(says alot).

this isn't a bad recruit, not knocking him and i think he could potentially be a nice way to fill a ship for the next 4 years. but he is not going to come here and help much at all next year.

starting next year we will be back to 13 ships. thats great for us but this fanbase hasn't seen that in years or remembers what it feels like. we used to get kids that would transfer even when they were bottom ship guys. bringing a kid in like this could be great if hes in it for the long haul. if our 12th and 13th ships for 2013 goto this kid and dukes(local pg) i would be very happy. those are 2 kids with huge potential that just need to learn/gym time and are kids that would be commited to the program for the long haul. we need another big guy this clas and then bank the other ships. go to war with 10 JC, we have a 123 combo/rotation of 6 that 99% of the ncaa dreams of. we can do this.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Dirk Nowitski II, you know he's out there

;)

Reaction Score
I love this. I would like to have a mix of kids like this in our program. It also gives everyone something to think about and work on in our year hiatus. This is in many ways a practice year, so projects are great.

Dont forget. We are this. No matter what the NCAA or anyone else says or does. This is us, and 3 banners. No current coach and program have this combination. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-top-50-players-in-school-history/page/51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom