Another departure | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another departure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would have tried him on the other side of the ball, like his father. We are going to be light on DBs next year. Oh well, too late now...
PP ain't no BB. Edelman on D is fun to watch.

Reaction Score
It says, "burglary, unarmed". Wow. Not good...
Looks like he was robbing some dwelling.

More on Difton and Conner's ineptitude...

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-footb...has-it-dwayne-difton-is-headed-back-to-uconn/

mg says:
January 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Boneyarders saying he is tweeting that he is headed back to UConn. I don’t tweet, so thought I would ask the man w/the plan, DC!

dconner says:
January 27, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Did he tweet he was coming back to play football at UConn? That’d be interesting to know. Tell you what: the Huskies’ receiving corps is pretty solid and it becomes brick-solid if they get Ricky Gutierrez from Miami who is visiting this weekend. I don’t know. I haven’t heard anyone say anything about DD returning to the team and that includes today so…

Arrested four days later. We really have a pretty solid WR corps?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I ain't bald nor obese. :p

Yeah, but if you slim down the guy in the GIF, and have him wear your Rams helmet, then... ;)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I wish that Rams helmet was mine. :(

No you don't. I've seen more padding in my former girlfriends' bras than that thing!!!

Reaction Score
No you don't. I've seen more padding in my former girlfriends' bras than that thing!!!
The 1948 LA Rams were the first team to ever paint logos on their helmet. That helmet is historic. Apparently, your ex-girlfriends aren't. lol

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The 1948 LA Rams were the first team to ever paint logos on their helmet. That helmet is historic. Apparently, your ex-girlfriends aren't. lol

Some of my girlfriends were pre-historic, unfortunately. Also, unlike my former girlfriends, your helmet appreciated in value...:confused:

Reaction Score
Some of my girlfriends were pre-historic, unfortunately. Also, unlike my former girlfriends, your helmet appreciated in value...:confused:
A lot of sports memorabilia items have gone down in value due to the economy. We are facing some very hard times. (It's not my helmet, dammit. But it only sold for $900.)

Reaction Score
I thought he should of played more, clearly N.Williams was ineffective as a WR, but since he was a captain and a sr. he got the nod. I wished they had a rotation for the WR's in stead of the o-line.

Reaction Score
I thought he should of played more, clearly N.Williams was ineffective as a WR, but since he was a captain and a sr. he got the nod. I wished they had a rotation for the WR's in stead of the o-line.
Nick Williams types of players are like Forrest Gump's "box of chocolates....you never know what you're going to get." Sometimes, divine results. Other times, dropped passes that were perfect ones to convert 3rd downs. I'm guessing his "Wow!" moments, coupled with a presumably great attitude and energy in practice that helps set the tone for the entire team was enough to keep him in the rotation all the time, even if on-field results didn't always warrant the PT.

I think the last 2 years he probably showed why, despite his fantastic KR skills, he didn't break into the WR rotation earlier in his career. He can certainly get the job done out there, but you never knew what you were getting from one play to the next. I loved his energy, toughness, and vision as a player and appreciate his contributions to the program, but he struggled with consistency for sure.

Reaction Score
Nick Williams types of players are like Forrest Gump's "box of chocolates....you never know what you're going to get." Sometimes, divine results. Other times, dropped passes that were perfect ones to convert 3rd downs. I'm guessing his "Wow!" moments, coupled with a presumably great attitude and energy in practice that helps set the tone for the entire team was enough to keep him in the rotation all the time, even if on-field results didn't always warrant the PT.

I think the last 2 years he probably showed why, despite his fantastic KR skills, he didn't break into the WR rotation earlier in his career. He can certainly get the job done out there, but you never knew what you were getting from one play to the next. I loved his energy, toughness, and vision as a player and appreciate his contributions to the program, but he struggled with consistency for sure.

Agree! This board cried to give NW more opportunities, screamed that the coaches didn't know what they were doing (still arguable)- but he cracked the line-up because they were desparate for playmakers outside, RG/JD, LM, and GD - the only thing NW had was toughness, speed and jiggle (very usefull skills as a returner but less useful if you can't bring the ball in first).

Reaction Score
With the Williams and Smith leaving....this is suprising. I hate to speculate, but this has to be about more than just playing time. He would have gone into the spring as the number 3 with a chance to move up.

Reaction Score
With the Williams and Smith leaving....this is suprising. I hate to speculate, but this has to be about more than just playing time. He would have gone into the spring as the number 3 with a chance to move up.

I think it is playing time. Writing might have been on wall. Don't think it is anything else.

Reaction Score
I think it is playing time. Writing might have been on wall. Don't think it is anything else.
Maybe, but if it is just playing time. Any coach worth a squirrels nut calls the kid into a meeting and says: "Son, you are going into the spring as our #3, which means you should see at least as much action as Nick Williams did." This is your home school, your dream school. Don't walk away now when you have two years to shine here." If it's just playing time, that probably works. Not to mention his dad is a Superbowl Champ. Do you think he believes his son's odds of getting to the League are better at Fordham or Uconn.....wait, don't answer that. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom