Another Covid casualty in the ACC tourney | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another Covid casualty in the ACC tourney

Reaction Score
I think CBS was probably the reason. They do not want anything going over the Masters.
Should've moved up the conference tournaments a few days. I know Friday night ratings aren't great, but Thurs/Fri should've been the Sat/Sun.

Reaction Score
Weird seeing positives now with cases down so much around the country.
I still feel like being on a team of ~30 personnel often maskless, and playing games against other teams, who are also maskless and have exposure to all of their personnel, is in the top few percentiles of the riskiest things you could be doing during COVID. The NCAA protocols are basically nonexistent as well, to add insult to injury

Reaction Score
All the NCAA had to do to solve this problem, assuming conference tournaments were still to be played, was delay the start of the Tourney by a week and get teams there early for a modified bubble. Or, even if not a modified bubble, give teams two weeks to quarantine on their own campuses after the conference tournaments to phase out any exposure or positive tests. But that would require an ounce of critical thinking skill from the NCAA which is too much to ask

Reaction Score
How did college football, with 85 scholarships players per team and huge coaching staffs and personnel in a sport where you are tackling, breathing, sweating, etc for hours at a time make it through an entire season but college hoops might not be able to have a postseason? Are the protocols different between the sports?

Reaction Score
How did college football, with 85 scholarships players per team and huge coaching staffs and personnel in a sport where you are tackling, breathing, sweating, etc for hours at a time make it through an entire season but college hoops might not be able to have a postseason? Are the protocols different between the sports?
Mostly played/practiced outdoors. Only have to worry about locker room time. But they still had a lot of large outbreaks.
Large rosters so can afford to lose 10 guys and still play games no problem.

Reaction Score
They didn't shut everything down when somebody tested positive on the team.

Reaction Score
So the protocols were different between football and hoops then. Weird

Reaction Score
This is not good. Not just for UVA but how these positive tests could screw up the big tourney yet again.
I said this over a month ago. Lol. Skip conference turney and pick regular season xhamp and next best and move to the bubble with everyone quarantine before start of Turney.

Reaction Score
Seems like Virginia is going to try and make it work if they have 5+ guys clean.

Reaction Score
Seems like Virginia is going to try and make it work if they have 5+ guys clean.

You could have Tony Bennett suit up, he played in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Go tell Alterique Gilbert that they shouldn't play the conference tourney.

Reaction Score
This is so interesting. I wonder if UVA will be docked a seed line or two if the assumption is they'll be entering the bubble at less than full strength. Full strength their probably a 4 but if they only have 5 or 6 cleared players? And the committee won't know the situation on Sunday, what if more players test positive between then and Thursday?

Reaction Score
The conference tournaments should still be played delay and delay the ncaa tournament remember Pitino said may madness.

Reaction Score
They didn’t. They had numerous canceltions and postponement. There is no equivalent of the NCAA tournament for football so it wasn’t as obvious. But most leagues only played conference games and had games rescheduled or cancelled. Plus it is played outside which makes a difference.

Reaction Score
Ok that makes sense. How about the NFL? They have a tournament, played the whole season and there are domes where teams play indoors. Yes I know those are paid professionals vs college kids. The older you are the more this affects you according to the data. Maybe tell the kids or anyone associated with each program they can opt out if they don’t feel safe? I feel like there is no way the NCAA Tournament will be completed if one person in any program would force a forfeit. Hope that isn’t the case but seems like it’s going to happen quite a bit this month

Reaction Score
Man this kind of stinks if legit teams start dropping out. It's going to create an asterisk for whatever team wins it all this year if too many do. Losing Duke was whatever, they were questionably a bubble team, but UVA is top 25. They could make a run. It's going to start a whole "what if?" train of thought.

they were out in round 3, next. No one and I mean no one can have negative comments about our 5th ship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom