Another commit lost. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another commit lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This might be a grade or admissions issue. Our track record with getting players admitted into UConn from Milford Acd over the years has not been a good one…

This is a WTF because Mike Foley was his primary recruiter and point person so you may be on target with your comment. Transcript was a big reason he ended up @ Milford originally.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm completely confident that Coach Diaco will find players that will succeed here. I hold no hard feelings towards a 17/18 year old kid who changes his mind and goes somewhere else. We currently have two coaches on the payroll that will be back in 2014. I'm actually pretty surprised we haven't heard more flips, to be honest.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't think Diaco is waiting at all. He is very likely working on putting together his staff as we speak. He had said that he wants his new staff to enjoy their holidays, but be ready to get to work right after the first of the year.

I don't think it is as much enjoy the holiday, per se. I think it is in consideration to not be a distraction to the coaches as they prepare for a bowl game.

Reaction Score
I think he is going after coaches on teams who are playing bowl games and is allowing them to honor their commitment to their team. Once the games are over you will here the positions being filled. I don't expect many big names but names from big programs.

That's a good theory...I hope you're right. He would come off as both compassionate AND smart that way. He allows them to enjoy the holiday season with their families and also coach in their team's bowl games...and THEN be announced as coming on board with the Huskies!

Reaction Score
How many Milford Prep "committments" or UConn actually end up coming to UConn? Genuine question. It seems like anyone we have a verbal from who attends MP either still doesn't qualify or decommits and heads elsewhere. I'm sure we've had some, but it really does seem like the majority end up someplace else.

Reaction Score
Simple story......grades, grades, and grades. He didn't get not UConn out of high school and Milford does little to help in the eyes of UConn admissions. He is just like Dobbs.

Reaction Score
How many Milford Prep "committments" or UConn actually end up coming to UConn? Genuine question. It seems like anyone we have a verbal from who attends MP either still doesn't qualify or decommits and heads elsewhere. I'm sure we've had some, but it really does seem like the majority end up someplace else.

lets hope that Jamar Summers does not have the same problem moving forword...

Reaction Score
It's gonna happen guys. Just consider it tax on necessary change.

Reaction Score
you reap what you sew.

Is that really the best you could come up with? It's Friday, have a few drinks, come back later and give it another try.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd be much more concerned losing a player to Minnesota than Temple. If he's not leaving for grades he's probably not all that great a prospect if he ended up at Temple.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
How long before they all start kicking the door down because the program their at sucks.. Temple please another joke like Rutgers. Buh bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom