Another Calhoun Alumni Game in the Books | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another Calhoun Alumni Game in the Books

Reaction Score
With everything going on, it makes sense he was not there. It also makes sense to ask participants about it. I hope something is worked out so he can return to future games.

C

Chief00

One other thing I noticed during the game when they played the hype video Ollie was cut out/ removed.

Anyone else notice this?

Sounds like a small minded thing one of Glen Miller buddies from Southeastern CT would do.

pj

Reaction Score
3 pages, and I still don't know who won -- the alumni, or the alumni?

Reaction Score
JC was doing live interviews on the locals yesterday afternoon. He joked about how he would ask guys...."The way I treated you why would you come back here?" and he would laugh.

Jimmy is the best. Truly a Legend.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yes I did, not right
Do you honestly believe it was anything other than managing a current controversy and that, as with KO declining the invitation to attend, it reflects a condition that the vast majority of players, attendees, reporters, and message board participants wish to be temporary?

How, precisely, would you have preferred it?

What would be "right?"

How do you know?

Is it possible that these 'transgressions' are being done simply to bother you? That's my personal far-fetched, aggrieved possibility for your consideration, and it makes as much sense as your exaggerated certainty.In other words, none.

Reaction Score
Some observations:
Taliek - most fun to watch, put on a good show with fancy dribbling and passing inside, set the bar and tempo for the game. Never once drove in too far without a plan ;)
Ed Nelson - 3/3 from 3, high scorer at 15, was good natured afterwards about getting jobbed for MVP
John Gwynn - not sure if he played, looked good/same in warmups, very helpful after game getting kids autographs
Ray - King of the court, didn't shoot well but looked great <5% bodyfat. Had a good pre-game speech and signed many autographs after game even posing for some fan pics.
RIP - Also looked same, shot well when he took them. Stayed late & signed a few autographs on way out. Had the line of the night when asked on sideline interview who was in best shape; "El-Amin might be in better shape than he was at UConn"
Jake - Looked very different with extra bulk, but looked athletic. DNP
Swain/Sterling Gibbs - took a lot of shots!
Amidah - some nice dunks/lobs - same as when at UConn
Charles O - looked stronger and also had some nice finishes inside
Rod Sellers - still just a gamer, one of the older guys there but just like his playing days wouldn't quit inside and gets balls/buckets
Murray Williams - probably the oldest guy that played, just as wiry as he was at UConn, glad to see him there and playing.
Jeff Adrien - looked good, also glad to see him healthy and playing basketball
Stanley Robinson - played well, looked like he could still jump out of the gym but kept it modest
Rodney P - flashy kicks, looked good and I bet he gets another shot in NBA if he keeps working. Had crossover then jump shot 'ooh' move of the night
Rudy G - played at medium speed, glad to see him there showing Husky love
CharlieV - looked like he could still get buckets in nba
Rashad Anderson - heard him saying afterwards that he retired from Europe a year or two ago after a calf injury. Nonetheless, the dude can still shoot. Knocked down his first 2 three's and I thought he might not miss all night, perfect from the line, outscored Ray taking half as many shots!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Some observations:
Taliek - most fun to watch, put on a good show with fancy dribbling and passing inside, set the bar and tempo for the game. Never once drove in too far without a plan ;)
Ed Nelson - 3/3 from 3, high scorer at 15, was good natured afterwards about getting jobbed for MVP
John Gwynn - not sure if he played, looked good/same in warmups, very helpful after game getting kids autographs
Ray - King of the court, didn't shoot well but looked great <5% bodyfat. Had a good pre-game speech and signed many autographs after game even posing for some fan pics.
RIP - Also looked same, shot well when he took them. Stayed late & signed a few autographs on way out. Had the line of the night when asked on sideline interview who was in best shape; "El-Amin might be in better shape than he was at UConn"
Swain/Sterling Gibbs - took a lot of shots!
Amidah - some nice dunks/lobs - same as when at UConn
Charles O - looked stronger and also had some nice finishes inside
Rod Sellers - still just a gamer, one of the older guys there but just like his playing days wouldn't quit inside and gets balls/buckets
Murray Williams - probably the oldest guy that played, just as wiry as he was at UConn, glad to see him there and playing.
Jeff Adrien - looked good, also glad to see him healthy and playing basketball
Stanley Robinson - played well, looked like he could still jump out of the gym but kept it modest
Rodney P - flashy kicks, looked good and I bet he gets another shot in NBA if he keeps working. Had crossover then jump shot 'ooh' move of the night
Rudy G - played at medium speed, glad to see him there showing Husky love
CharlieV - looked like he could still get buckets in nba
Rashad Anderson - heard him saying afterwards that he retired from Europe a year or two ago after a calf injury. Nonetheless, the dude can still shoot. Knocked down his first 2 three's and I thought he might not miss all night, perfect from the line, outscored Ray taking half as many shots!

Very nice summary.

Boat - looked very quick as usual and won the MVP. Coach Hurley was paying very close attention to the action and looked to be impressed with Boat's hustle plays too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very nice summary.

Boat - looked very quick as usual and won the MVP. Coach Hurley was paying very close attention to the action and looked to be impressed with Boat's hustle plays too.
Boat wanted the MVP and was glad to have "beaten out Ray." Love his attitude.

RIP's line about KEA was funny. There's a lot good natured ribbing by guys who genuinely like one and other.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Great night as usual and yeah Big Jake looked like a body builder .
Some observations:

Anyone grab a pic of Jake? How big is he now, like weightlifting competition size?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Anyone grab a pic of Jake? How big is he now, like weightlifting competition size?

See the picture I posted on the 1st page of this thread with Ray Allen at the mic.... in the background is #43 Jake V. You can see in the distance, but he was definately massive when up close.

Apparently Jake is doing quite well as CEO of an energy company. ... I found this this: Jake Voskuhl

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Damn that's Jake? Looks like a strongman competitor.

Thanks for the link. Good on Jake

Reaction Score
0810182032.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
No Alex Oriaki, huh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics