Another Bad Sign | The Boneyard

Another Bad Sign

Reaction Score
When your 10-7, and Rutgers is 14-4 and ranked in the AP top 25, it’s another bad sign for this program.

This is as "glass half-empty" as it gets. There is literally no comparison when looking at the programs. I'd like to see a series between the two programs in the near future.

Good for Coach Pikiell. He deserves some success.

Reaction Score
lol, Rutgers better get their jabs in now. Perhaps one of the only times, at least in my lifetime, that they are...perhaps...better than UConn (since 1995 Uconn is 21-2 vs Rutgers). I dunno, on a neutral court I think UConn could still take them if they played like they did vs WSU, Nova and Xavier (maybe Indiana too)....at home, UConn, don't care if they are ranked, I think they would break their poor streak vs ranked teams. @Rutgers is a different story, I know that place was always a beast to play in but UConn usually seemed to pull out a tight win. Maybe not this year, I will admit. If they played at least as well as they did @Nova though (Nov IS better), I think they'd win by a few though. Any worse though, no.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

PISCATAWAY, N.J. - Rutgers coach Steve Pikiell, a Bristol native and St. Paul Catholic graduate, doesn’t want to talk about his team potentially being ranked in the Top 25 for the first time in over four decades.
Caleb McConnell had 10 points and 12 rebounds as Rutgers used a balanced team effort in a 64-56 win over Minnesota on Sunday to continue the program’s best start in the Big Ten, and possibly gain an AP Top 25 ranking for the first time since 1979.

250 Ws and .500
Pikiell recorded his 250th win as a head coach and now is .500 at Rutgers as the fourth-year coach is 58-58 in Piscataway while trying to rebuild a downtrodden program.

Reaction Score
this is peak modern day rutgers i think. rutgers better take advantage of this season because their a dumpster for the most part. but i'm happy for pikiell

Reaction Score
Nice to see Pikiell doing well as a coach. He is a bright, hard working guy who loves the game.

He was a hell of a player as a freshman prior to injuring his shoulder. I seem to recall him putting up over 20 points in a game as a freshman based largely on great outside shooting. It's been a long time so I may have romanticized things a little bit but I think that's largely accurate. He was also a co-captain when UConn won its first Big East championship, of that I am sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We could easily be 14-3 or 15-2 and ranked as well

Reaction Score
When your 10-7, and Rutgers is 14-4 and ranked in the AP top 25, it’s another bad sign for this program.
One has nothing to do with the other. UConn is making excellent progress, that is what matters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1579546931056.png

Reaction Score
Well Rutgers returns 7 of their top 8 scorers next year. They are young. Next year they could be preseason pick to win the B10.

Making lemonade out of lemons...is what Pikiell seems to be doing. The good thing of course happens to be SP is UConn family so all of us can enjoy his success. Pikiell was never really an option for us as he was locked in @ Rutgers. They could still find themselves on the bubble this year. I hope they get in.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The comparative is ridiculous
The Grid of comparative years is weird why 4 years of Rutgers and 2 of UConn?
Steve Pikiell has done a hell of a job at New Jersey U and his talent level in his 1st two years was a lot less than DH's first two years here plus being in a much more competitive league.
I'm not a Rutgers hater and I am happy for Steve Pikiell = he's one of the real good guys
I would be curious to know just how strong the Big10 was as a conference during that stretch?
Top to bottom little/no comparative to the AAC - the botton B10 would feast on the bottom AAC and give anyone but perhaps Houston or Cinci a run for their money during that period

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last year's team was 10-7 at this point as well. Still plenty of time left for another losing season.
Or a winning one. That's why they play the games.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom