Another B1G opponent scheduled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another B1G opponent scheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I suspect that the IU AD is in the dark on any expansion. The presidents handle this stuff so it stays secret. In this case secrecy is critical to the B1G because if the ACC realizes UCONN is about to be picked up, they may rush to invite us. Given our current situation, we can't say no unless we already have the B10 invite in hand.

Reaction Score
Not a marquee football name in IU
Indiana and Illinois. Meh.
leaves me lukewarm football-wise

I have to laugh when I see all the "meh" comments about scheduling Indiana. How do you think fans at Indiana and those other P-5 schools react when they hear an announcement putting us on the schedule? Indiana is a great addition.

Reaction Score
I sat next to the Indiana bench surrounded by red at the basketball game at MSG last winter in a business suit with my UConn cap on. I found their fans to be passionate and knowledgeable about their team; but, respectful of their opponents. If most of their fans are like that, even for football, it’s a great add.

Warde should get creative and add a UConn/Indiana soccer game before or after the football game as both teams are national powers.

Reaction Score
This is another decent series. When you talk scheduling with the Big 10 your options are somewhat limited. Ohio State & Michigan have made it pretty clear that they want only home games, 8 if they can arrange it, but they will play a non-conference foe in a neutral site if its a big enough event. So your options really begin with Iowa and Michigan State, and they have limited openings, too. I like this kind of game, though. It is winnable and you get more creit than you deserve for winning it.

Reaction Score
I sat next to the Indiana bench... I found their fans to be passionate and knowledgeable about their team; but, respectful of their opponents. If most of their fans are like that, even for football, it’s a great add.

Typical Midwesterners! That's what's nice about playing almost any school from that region, they're knowledgeable, passionate and friendly, all at the same time. That combination is sometimes difficult to find here in the northeast, especially when you consider a few of our former BE football rivals who have moved on to the ACC. ;)

Reaction Score
Typical Midwesterners! That's what's nice about playing almost any school from that region, they're knowledgeable, passionate and friendly, all at the same time. That combination is sometimes difficult to find here in the northeast, especially when you consider a few of our former BE football rivals who have moved on to the ACC. ;)

Just make sure you don't walk through Ann Arbor wearing red and silver :cool:

Reaction Score
I have to laugh when I see all the "meh" comments about scheduling Indiana. How do you think fans at Indiana and those other P-5 schools react when they hear an announcement putting us on the schedule? Indiana is a great addition.

They're not a marquee football name, and I think most of us are well aware that we aren't either, but I don't think I ever implied in my post that IU wasn't a good addition to the schedule. Like I said, the more B1G eyes that see us in action, the better.

Reaction Score
I sat next to the Indiana bench surrounded by red at the basketball game at MSG last winter in a business suit with my UConn cap on. I found their fans to be passionate and knowledgeable about their team; but, respectful of their opponents. If most of their fans are like that, even for football, it’s a great add.

Warde should get creative and add a UConn/Indiana soccer game before or after the football game as both teams are national powers.
I also sat next to Indiana fans at MSG. I agree with you 100%./

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek