OT: - Another 5-star for Villanova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Another 5-star for Villanova

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Had a 4br/2.5bth home in Gulph Mills (Conshohoken area) just off Schuykill. Bought in 1987 for $160K - basically what we got for selling our two br/1 bth condo in a kinda crappy high rise next to Stamford HS.

I got divorced shortly thereafter and really never lived there, but was in the area a ton. It's really nice. Unlike Ffld county, from Main Line up Schuykill to King of Prussia, there's no Danbury or Norwalk or Stratford equivalent. It's all Ridgefield and better - lots of Weston and Easton parts and plenty of >$1 mill homes.

Anyway, good for Jay Wright. Seems like an OK guy.

Reaction Score
Westport is boring as heck. Spent most of my life in Fairfield. Another boring town. Both are family oriented towns. As well as most other Gold Coast towns.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Had a 4br/2.5bth home in Gulph Mills (Conshohoken area) just off Schuykill. Bought in 1987 for $160K - basically what we got for selling our two br/1 bth condo in a kinda crappy high rise next to Stamford HS.

I got divorced shortly thereafter and really never lived there, but was in the area a ton. It's really nice. Unlike Ffld county, from Main Line up Schuykill to King of Prussia, there's no Danbury or Norwalk or Stratford equivalent. It's all Ridgefield and better - lots of Weston and Easton parts and plenty of >$1 mill homes.

Real estate was really cheap in Philly at the time. I considered buying a brown stone with a third floor separate apartment a couple of blocks off of Rittenhouse Square. It was around the same price. It would be worth 7 figures now.

Reaction Score
I live in Norwalk and I really like visiting Westport every now and then. For a rich town, it has a unique waterfront downtown with character and a strong arts community.

Back to Nova, surprised that Antoine signed with Nova while another top-50 SG, Justin Moore, signed too.

With Cremo and Booth, they have an excellent one-year placeholders before Quinerly, Antoine, Moore, Samuels, Slater and Gillespie need to become the top cats at guard and wing. Lots of young talent there.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Families aren't boring. The most interesting parts of my life have been with family.

They make for more boring suburbs--less adult type of action; less danger, etc. Besides, nothing worse than other people's kids.

Reaction Score
According to Duke board - Kentucky insider is saying Isaiah Stewart will commit to Nova before Halloween. This is like fourth hand info. But if true, good get by Wright.
Accurate or not about Stewart- it is oddly entertaining to watch the Duke board freak out....all out "melt-down" mode.

Reaction Score
Why? Since conference realignment Villanova has been the best team almost every year. Like UConn before. They are the best team in the east in general. Like UConn before. They are stealing big time recruits since they have an all time great coach, like UConn before.

Yeah, no kidding. Remember when UConn's HOF coach use to recruit kids lime this. Wasn't that long ago and yet . . .

pj

Reaction Score
According to Duke board - Kentucky insider is saying Isaiah Stewart will commit to Nova before Halloween. This is like fourth hand info. But if true, good get by Wright.
Accurate or not about Stewart- it is oddly entertaining to watch the Duke board freak out....all out "melt-down" mode.

Coach K is 71, it's about time for his appeal to slow down. JC was having negative recruiting against him for age and health before that. Wright is quickly becoming the Coach K of the next generation.

Reaction Score
Nova is the new UConn

No, they have a good football team.

I wouldn't say Villanova is that great in football, since a Boob Diaco coached UConn football team beat them, last time they played us.

images.jpeg

Reaction Score
I just moved back to the Nova area recently. Average home value may be higher overall in Westport and most of Fairfield County but Bryn Mawr, Radnor, Malvern, Wayne, Ardmore, Berwyn, etc. are all very nice towns with some seriously beautiful homes. The Main Line is Philly’s Gold Coast.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
When the Nova freshman arrived in their dorm rooms this year, they had wall hangings with pieces of the national championship floor on them, personalized for each player. They have some recruiting cache at this point.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I just moved back to the Nova area recently. Average home value may be higher overall in Westport and most of Fairfield County but Bryn Mawr, Radnor, Malvern, Wayne, Ardmore, Berwyn, etc. are all very nice towns with some seriously beautiful homes. The Main Line is Philly’s Gold Coast.
I spent 8 years in the Philly suburbs, 3 years living in King of Prussia right near Valley Forge, and with an office in Wayne. Lots of big, gorgeous, older homes along the Main Line, as you say.

Reaction Score

All is well when everything is going your way....but it won't be long before the spotlight changes behavior and ye ole NCAA investigations bring you down hard.
I've seen that movie too.

Reaction Score
Real estate was really cheap in Philly at the time. I considered buying a brown stone with a third floor separate apartment a couple of blocks off of Rittenhouse Square. It was around the same price. It would be worth 7 figures now.
My son is a Nova grad and he lived in a dump of a row house in Conshohoken that was part owned by Billy Cunningham. That neighborhood (across from Marriott) was not in the same league as the Main Line. It would be more like comparing Westport to Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
My son is a Nova grad and he lived in a dump of a row house in Conshohoken that was part owned by Billy Cunningham. That neighborhood (across from Marriott) was not in the same league as the Main Line. It would be more like comparing Westport to Bridgeport.

Dad that place had character.... and it was in WEST conshohocken .. but I lived there for YOU. Saved ya on the pricier apartment in Wayne . See how thoughtful I was!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom