Annual What Are You Handing Out for Halloween Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Annual What Are You Handing Out for Halloween Thread

Reaction Score
They descend like locust on my very walkable neighborhood. Over 150 so far. The Baby Ruth, Milky Way, $100 Grand always go first. The bowl is almost entirely Almond Joy with a few Butterfinger mixed in at this point. I didn’t tell my wife that I held back the bag of Pay Day. I love those.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My neighborhood is absolutely bonkers for Halloween. Multiple houses have big elaborate displays with those 12 foot skeletons and whatnot. My daughter is only 2 and half so we were done by 645 and handed out candy with our solo stove lit in the driveway for the next hour. Perfect weather minus a very light sprinkle after things were wrapped up. Halloween is my favorite holiday. You haters suck.

Reaction Score
They descend like locust on my very walkable neighborhood. Over 150 so far. The Baby Ruth, Milky Way, $100 Grand always go first. The bowl is almost entirely Almond Joy with a few Butterfinger mixed in at this point. I didn’t tell my wife that I held back the bag of Pay Day. I love those.
That’s exactly it, they’ve consolidated into walkable neighborhoods more than they did in the past. We went through 600 pieces including 200 full size before 7:30. Just turned the lights off and went into hiding. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Reaction Score
Halloween has definitely changed a great deal since most of us were kids. Now it's really little kids going out with their parents really early, often to designated streets. Done here by 7 and done in my hometown by 7. No kids covered in shaving cream anymore, no toilet paper, eggs...

Reaction Score
Whatever is in the mixed bag from Walgreens. Full size snickers for any Mrs. Incredible
If this person came to my door I'd give them a full size Snickers also. For the creativity, of course (the Orange Line subway in Boston caught fire recently and is notorious for all kinds of issues and was shut down for a month recently for repairs).

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'll scavenge something tomorrow from stores.

What's your opinion on chocolate covered Pay Day?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Usually have 50-60, tonight just 35, most between 6-6:30. 60s here but steady mist. Only got 5 kids between 7-8.

Reaction Score
Had 0 this year- found out people asked on Facebook who was going to have candy and only took their kids to the houses that said yes - I'm not on Facebook so I guess I have 2 bags to myself. Nothing like the 15- 20 bags I use to go through when I was in CT in one of the few walkable neighborhoods in my town

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pretty much winding down now. feels like a memo went out on the kids hotline that 9 pm is the cutoff.
ring dings, little debbie yodels and brownies, drakes apple and cheery pies to those who first have to hear the lecture - 'hey dopey kid, u understand that these can smash in the bag, right?'
some green and red apples were also available.
we do requests, sort of.

not really a candy type, but i do respect those passing out full size snickers. classy. some kind of halloween holy grail right there.

Reaction Score
all chocolate. I live on Main Street in newtown and we get about 2500 tricksters! Went to Costco and 20 bags (150piece per bag) and $400 dollars got me set for tonite
Ran out of candy by 8. Had over 3000 kids it was insane. Could have gone longer but by then my Helpers and I were also out of beer. too. Was a blast. Most of the kids were polite and respectful which makes it worthwhile

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Oh look. A Spider-Man. And a princess. Have this Snickers bar as a reward for our awkward conversation.
mad clint eastwood GIF

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
So we handed out exactly 150 candy bars yesterday. Trick or treating in our town is 3:30-7. Really doesn't get going until 4. The Costco box had 5 varieties and here's how the kids ranked them. 1 Twix, 2 Peanut Mms, 3 Plain Mms, 4 snickers, 5 Milky Way

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Had zero kids. I live in a very walkable neighborhood, but I guess the parents take the kids to a specific neighborhood in town. Our neighbor tells us it has been like this for about 5 years. I took my young ones out for their first ever trick or treating and only 4 houses on our street were participating. I kind of felt bad for my kids because when I was young we would easily fill up pillow cases with candy, but they do not know the difference and loved it. Even made some of the older families in the neighborhood very happy as we were the only ones who went out.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Had zero kids. I live in a very walkable neighborhood, but I guess the parents take the kids to a specific neighborhood in town. Our neighbor tells us it has been like this for about 5 years. I took my young ones out for their first ever trick or treating and only 4 houses on our street were participating. I kind of felt bad for my kids because when I was young we would easily fill up pillow cases with candy, but they do not know the difference and loved it. Even made some of the older families in the neighborhood very happy as we were the only ones who went out.
That seems like unfair taxation to those in that neighborhood! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Tried to figure out how many years since I've actually had a trick or treater knock on my door...at least 15. Maybe next year...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That seems like unfair taxation to those in that neighborhood! :rolleyes:
It’s funny how it develops. It really takes only a social media post or two to start a new tradition.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Both of my kids got a good amount of candy but one doesn’t like chocolate and the other only likes certain ones so we kept a little bit for each and then their school organizes a package of candy that supposedly goes to soldiers, so the rest goes there. There’s also a dad tax in between…

The kids love going out but I don’t understand adults who get into dressing up for parties and whatnot. It’s a holiday for kids. Now you want to talk about made up, b.s. holidays, let’s talk about Valentines Day…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom