Annual BY Season Tipping Point is Today | The Boneyard

Annual BY Season Tipping Point is Today

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fans have officially gone from preseason "we have so much depth, how will coach find way to play everyone" to the "We don't have five players who can play at this level".

We made it through all the non-conference schedule and 40% of BE schedule before hitting this point.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Fans have officially gone from preseason "we have so much depth, how will coach find way to play everyone" to the "We don't have five players who can play at this level".

We made it through all the non-conference schedule and 40% of BE schedule before hitting this point.
We've easily got 5 players who can play at this level. I'm not sure they're being put in the best schemes to be successful.

Reaction Score
I went from genuine national championship aspirations for this team a couple of weeks ago, to now hoping they can at least make it past the 2nd round. My enthusiasm for this team has been completely deflated. Brutal. Still have a sliver of hope they'll turn it around though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We've easily got 5 players who can play at this level. I'm not sure they're being put in the best schemes to be successful.
I am sure that is a HUGE reason why this team struggles.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Which five you putting on the court and confident they can play 30 mpg night in and night out?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I went from genuine national championship aspirations for this team a couple of weeks ago, to now hoping they can at least make it past the 2nd round. My enthusiasm for this team has been completely deflated. Brutal. Still have a sliver of hope they'll turn it around though.
I’m hoping we make tournament. Not kidding either.

Reaction Score
Once January hits, you play “big boy” basketball. The Oct-Dec cupcakes are a distant memory.

Reaction Score
The transfer situation is so bizarre..

Tristen Newton was a 17PPG scorer. He dropped 20+ points twice already this season. But there are long stretches of games that he may as well not even be out there

Alleyne shot 39%, 41%, and 38% on threes in his 3 seasons at VT. Now he's below 30%

I'm willing to give Calcaterra some slack because he wasn't meant to get major minutes here and played his way into a rotational player, but now he's 6-24 on threes in BE play. This includes 2 garbage time makes in the last 2 minutes today after he started 0-6 FG and 0-2 3P

We knew Diarra was inefficient offensively and a dog defensively. He's played the most up to expectations, but shooting <30% FG, <20% on threes, and 50% from the line is..........worse than expected

Aside from Alleyne, up until 1 month ago these guys were playing great. Now 3 of them are nearly unplayable

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I’m hoping we make tournament. Not kidding either.
The way we are playing a lot more games are in question.

Seton Hall 2x
St. John's away
Nova away
Marquette home
Xavier home
Providence home
Creighton away

Should win:
Georgetown away
DePaul 2x
Butler home

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Some solid perspective on these two tweets that I’ll close with for today:

This was end of tenure Kevin Ollie basketball except Hurley has more talent, and the best players aren’t injured. In both cases no guards. Disaster.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Awful take by Wes. The transfer portal allows you to remake a roster overnight. Also, we are in a power conference and are the biggest brand in said power league. Wanting to make the second weekend regularly as a POWER program makes us spoiled? What? Sean Miller is going to have a great year with Xavier in his FIRST season. Dan Hurley is not the greatest recruiter in history either. Talent will come here whether he is here or not.

Reaction Score
We are not used to having nice things here. It got a bit delusional for us, but now we are back to bleeding blue which is what I am more used to. Let’s go team!!! Can I hear a rah rah???

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, don’t spring ankle hopping off the bandwagon.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Which five you putting on the court and confident they can play 30 mpg night in and night out?
I happen to think all of them in the regular rotation are capable of playing 20-30 minutes a night, if used within their capabilities. Certainly Hawkins, Karaban, Sanogo, Clingan, Jackson, and Newton should all be able to give you that. Again, when used correctly. The scheme can't keep asking them to do things they've shown they struggle with.

It would help tremendously if there were a true point guard with the ability to penetrate and find open guys, however.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

How is this a solid perspective if this guy claims that everyone who disagrees with him is 'screaming?'

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I am beginning to wonder if the Kool-Aid I drank was the right one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom