Announcer Lineup for Regionals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Announcer Lineup for Regionals

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think they have to alternate for example in the final four, if they work a semi-final they can't work the final.
Yes, at least historically. The referees that work the Regional rounds work one game each, either S16 or E8. Then the select ones move on to work either the National Semifinals or Final.

Reaction Score
Dump Rowe and Carter and it would be perfect.
To me when it comes to UConn she's always been Peckish. At least since 1995. Bring back Doris Burke!
Dump Rowe and Carter and it would be perfect.
Holly Rowe had a great 10-minute interview recently with Azzi. You could probably find it on YouTube. Don't miss the shocker at about the 8-minute mark where Azzi reveals what she does to relieve her nerves before gametime. I think if enough people watch this video, we'd actually have a new tee-shirt to replace Nika's "Everybody Eats" in popularity.

Back to announcers, I personally like Eric Frede, who did the UConn broadcasts with Meg Culmo on SNY for several years before ESPN snatched him away.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thankfully, I will be at the games in Bridgeport but when I get home, listening to the Wichita region could be painful.

Here's the full link.

Spokane has Mowins/Antonelli
Wichita has Ward/White
Greensboro has the aforementioned Caroline "NCAA Title winner" Peck/Lyle
Bridgeport has Lobo/Rucco

Reaction Score
Thankfully, I will be at the games in Bridgeport but when I get home, listening to the Wichita region could be painful.

Here's the full link.

Spokane has Mowins/Antonelli
Wichita has Ward/White
Greensboro has the aforementioned Caroline "NCAA Title winner" Peck/Lyle
Bridgeport has Lobo/Rucco
Thanks for inserting the link. Someday I will how to do that on my phone.

Reaction Score
I like Holly Rowe.
Nothing against them personally, just poor production by ESPN. If ESPN wants to use their commercial breaks to have the sideline reporters give their reports and tell meaningless stories, fine, but too many times they do it right in the middle of game action.

Reaction Score
Holly Rowe had a great 10-minute interview recently with Azzi. You could probably find it on YouTube. Don't miss the shocker at about the 8-minute mark where Azzi reveals what she does to relieve her nerves before gametime. I think if enough people watch this video, we'd actually have a new tee-shirt to replace Nika's "Everybody Eats" in popularity.

Back to announcers, I personally like Eric Frede, who did the UConn broadcasts with Meg Culmo on SNY for several years before ESPN snatched him away.
Well played
Youd make a terrific diplomat :)

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Dee Kantner and/or Joe Vaszily to begin with. Even though I think that Dee could be in Greensboro (
Two of the officials I want are # 1 of the 3 things I want to see for the game. Dee Kantner is not on that list. Everyone is invited to join me in chanting “No Dee Kantner”. Again “No Dee Kantner”. Again ...... Denise Brooks and Maj Forsberg are two of the best.

#2 on my list was which commentators I did not want to listen to. That one has been fulfilled.

Kat

Reaction Score
Can someone let me know how to listen to the game on radio, if you are in a different part of the country?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The following appears at programminginsider.com

Good news for tv fans.

Bridgeport: Ryan Ruocco play by play
Rebecca Lobo analyst
Holly Rowe reporter
Andraya Carter sideline analyst

We got the A team

For anyone who cares Caroline Peck is in Greensboro and Pam Ward and Stephanie White are in Louisville.
We get the #1 team because they anticipate a UConn-NCST final. I don't care who we play. Let's just concentrate on tomorrow. Christyn said as much in her interview.

Reaction Score
I like Holly Rowe.
I do too. When watching some of her longer interviews with players, it’s clear that she is all in with whomever she is interviewing. She puts players at ease. She exudes joy and confidence in the player. Everyone should have a Holly Rowe in their lives. She just makes me happy, and I don’t actually care about the content she brings. Who she is everything.

Reaction Score
I rather liked FS1’s broadcast team of Bynington and Kustok. (Hope I spelled their names correctly.)
Lisa Byington became 1st female NBA team PBP announcer for Milwaukee Bucks this season, followed shortly thereafter by Kate Scott in Philadelphia.

Reaction Score
Aside from the peerless Doris Burke-Dave O’Brien tandem, my favorite NCAAW booth was Adam Amin flanked by Rebecca Lobo & Kara Lawson.

Reaction Score
… Andraya Carter is an impressive young analyst with a very bright broadcast future IMHO.

Immense professional & personal respect for Holly Rowe, but she’s not my cup of tea— too saccharine.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You must joking--Doris Burke is one of the truly best b-ball analysts--male or female--that's why she's doing NBA games...
And you just proved my point. I have not watched the NBA since the late 80s and stopped watching MBB in the mid 90s. IMO, it was not basketball anymore. But we don’t need to discuss this subject anymore. I just felt like Doris became bigger than the players/teams she was talking about. Sorry.

Reaction Score
The following appears at programminginsider.com

Good news for tv fans.

Bridgeport: Ryan Ruocco play by play
Rebecca Lobo analyst
Holly Rowe reporter
Andraya Carter sideline analyst

We got the A team

For anyone who cares Caroline Peck is in Greensboro and Pam Ward and Stephanie White are in Louisville.
Thanks heavens. My only beef is that Ward and White discussed lots of off-topic stuff. That's fine during time outs or when the refs are reviewing a play on the monitors but not during the actual play.

Reaction Score
And you just proved my point. I have not watched the NBA since the late 80s and stopped watching MBB in the mid 90s. IMO, it was not basketball anymore. But we don’t need to discuss this subject anymore. I just felt like Doris became bigger than the players/teams she was talking about. Sorry.
I have to give you that on NBA viewing, mine has dwindled down to next to nothing as well. What I was saying in regards to Doris Burke is that in the hierarchy of TV b-ball analysts, doing NBA games is the top perch so Burke must be well-received with her assignment to the NBA and a largely male audience.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have to give you that on NBA viewing, mine has dwindled down to next to nothing as well. What I was saying in regards to Doris Burke is that in the hierarchy of TV b-ball analysts, doing NBA games is the top perch so Burke must be well-received with her assignment to the NBA and a largely male audience.
Point taken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom