pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Scouting report

Seton Hall coach Anne Donovan has a knowledgeable interest in
Saturday's clash between No. 3 Notre Dame and No. 2 Connecticut in a
Big East showdown on Saturday. The Pirates' two conference games have
been against the Huskies and the Irish. UConn rolled over Seton Hall,
70-37, and Notre Dame smacked the Pirates, 74-36.

Donovan stopped short of favoring the Irish, but she likes Notre
Dame's chances of knocking off the Huskies.

"Notre Dame has played so well together," Donovan said. "It just seems
like Connecticut is still adjusting to new lineups, Kaleena
Mosqueda-Lewis coming off the bench and obviously doing a tremendous
job. But it just seems the experience of Notre Dame really is
unbelievable. That's not just from tonight. It's from watching game
tapes of some tough games that they've played, and they've really sat
on people. It's at Notre Dame. Their experience playing at home, the
comfort level of playing in front of their home crowd ... I'm going to
be an interested spectator, for sure.

LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
At ND, I would probably agree with her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I really like and respect Donovan so I hope she's not offended when Coach CD copies the above statement and tapes it to the front of the UConn players' lockers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I really like and respect Donovan so I hope she's not offended when Coach CD copies the above statement and tapes it to the front of the UConn players' lockers.
Seton Hall will not get 37 on us next year! :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i see ND winning this game by about 6-8 points based on the way UCONN is playing entering the game. of course UCONN may surprise us and win but i don't see it at this point. our lack of consistent post play and outside shooting will hurt us unless we right the ship by saturday...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
i see ND winning this game by about 6-8 points based on the way UCONN is playing entering the game. of course UCONN may surprise us and win but i don't see it at this point. our lack of consistent post play and outside shooting will hurt us unless we right the ship by saturday...
I will not be surprised if Eric is right. I think this is the toughest regular season game on the schedule, just behind Baylor. But I think UConn is improving. I'll trade a loss on Saturday for 3 victories over them later in the season.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Locker room material - sure.

But I don't think Geno et al are likely to be the least bit offended by her comments or likely to try to "punish" Seton Hall as a result. She praised both teams and indicated some (quite real) things that are advantages on Notre Dame's side of the ledger. She never said UConn was not going to overcome them, simply that they existed.

Reaction Score
ND is looking like so many past UCONN teams. Great ball movement. Can't see us winning at ND.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Locker room material - sure.

But I don't think Geno et al are likely to be the least bit offended by her comments or likely to try to "punish" Seton Hall as a result. She praised both teams and indicated some (quite real) things that are advantages on Notre Dame's side of the ledger. She never said UConn was not going to overcome them, simply that they existed.
I agree, there's no insult. But in the past, Chris Dailey has shown similar statements to the team and asked them, "Is this how you want people thinking of you?". She's good at that stuff.

In 2002, Wendy Larry said of that Bird-Taurasi-Cash-Jones-Williams team, "If they have any kind of a weakness, it's in their post play". Somehow Dailey got not only the post players pissed off but convinced Bird & Taurasi it meant they couldn't get the ball to the post players in the right spots. That resulted in an ugly game for ODU.

Reaction Score
Based on how we are playing which includes our lack of consistent post play and outside shooting,the game in Southbend,and the way they are playing right now I agree that if we do not "right the ship" by Saturday we could lose by 6-8 0r as I had stated in a post last night double digits! That does not mean we cannot or will not win!
I hope we come into Southbend as an angry team:mad:

Reaction Score
I will not be surprised if Eric is right. I think this is the toughest regular season game on the schedule, just behind Baylor. But I think UConn is improving. I'll trade a loss on Saturday for 3 victories over them later in the season.
Milford are we be given this option? 3-1? * I would take this also;) Damn, we have one to make up for last year:mad: I want 4-0

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score

Eric....lots of IFs....basically that is the way I see this game also.......I think ND will play their game. IF we play like we did against Baylor, we will win. If we play like we have against a half dozen cupcakes AND Stanford, we will lose.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Thanks to Anne Donovan, we'll be out to prove something.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
You know, I never got into this prove something, get angry, paste up put-downs, etc. BB...all sports is about preparation, skill. coaching and nerves.
so far, ND has shown a bit more of this and has another major, added ingredient; experience.
I like their chances
But can UCONN win; of course. If KLM goes off. If Diggins gets frustrated. If our posts show up. It could be a very interesting game.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Eric, I don't know who "us" is but I, for one, will not be the least bit surprised to see UConn beat Notre Dame just as they have so often in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom