Anna | The Boneyard

Anna

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I noticed in her photos this summer that Anna looks trimmer. Geno also mentioned that she would be in better shape in the upcoming season.

Here is a post by her nutritionist (translation available). She says Anna has dropped about 10 pounds, while also reducing body fat and increasing muscle mass. Go Anna!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She is going to be terrific whenever she returns. I still think she is the key to team’s success.
Maybe not THE key, but certainly a very important key. Honestly, I don't think you can point to a single player and say "they are the most important piece needed to win the NC". I think it's really going to be a true team effort.

I think this year, more than many in recent memory, will have multiple players be high scorers each game. Literally the entire starting 5 will be capable of putting up 20+ on any given night. It's going to come down to matchups vs. opponents, and who's hot at that time. How fun would it be to see all the starters average between 13-18 PPG?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
...Honestly, I don't think you can point to a single player and say "they are the most important piece needed to win the NC". I think i
Candace Parker, Brittany Griner, Ruth Riley, Sheryl Swoopes, Jen Azzi just to name 5 off the top of my head....They were THE PLAYER that won the NC for those schools. But no, Anna is not in that class of player to win a title by herself. :rolleyes:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Maybe not THE key, but certainly a very important key. Honestly, I don't think you can point to a single player and say "they are the most important piece needed to win the NC". I think it's really going to be a true team effort.

I think this year, more than many in recent memory, will have multiple players be high scorers each game. Literally the entire starting 5 will be capable of putting up 20+ on any given night. It's going to come down to matchups vs. opponents, and who's hot at that time. How fun would it be to see all the starters average between 13-18 PPG?

I get what you're saying, we'll be very versatile, but unless Piath comes into practice like superwoman out of a phone booth, or Aubrey has a 3" growth spurt, I think maybe Liv falls into the category of being 'the key' to UConn's success. There's just no one else to go to at her spot. She has to be efficient on offense and impactful on the D, and she has to stay on the court. The only other size comes from the two freshmen. One is 6'3" Aaliyah, but she is far more of a wing/guard. Given her experience level, she might be the best hope to cover some Liv-less minutes (kinda like Aubrey did at times). Piath is likely a dice roll at this point. How much impactful work and coaching could she have gotten in COVID-world? I guess "going small" will be a way of life at UConn. I'm exited to see how it all works out, IF it (the season) works out at all. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Candace Parker, Brittany Griner, Ruth Riley, Sheryl Swoopes, Jen Azzi just to name 5 off the top of my head....They were THE PLAYER that won the NC for those schools. But no, Anna is not in that class of player to win a title by herself. :rolleyes:
Au contraire monsieur! Let us not be too hasty with judging her. Don't forget, for all intensive purposes, Anna WAS 1) a freshman 2) Not well versed in english 3) Not accustomed to american style (not to mention UCONN style) BB! She showed some real savvy and BB IQ in many games. It took her a while to find her shot, but her passing and 'vision' on the court were exceptional. Let's give her a good look THIS year (if we have much / any of a season at all). I think we will be pleasantly surprised entertained, especially with her latest conditioning! :cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Um... what part of my post made you think I was referring to any player in the history of the game? I was talking about next year's team. But for the record, Dee is THE player when discussing who completely led her team to a NC. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Um... what part of my post made you think I was referring to any player in the history of the game? I was talking about next year's team. But for the record, Dee is THE player when discussing who completely led her team to a NC. :rolleyes:
I agree with @EricLA ... Anna is going to be a very important piece of the Machine that will be UCONN WBB in the coming season(s).... and with her playing at the same OR higher level as she finished last season, matched with the other pieces of the machine either returning or reporting in for their first season in Storrs... I am so very excited about the season to come (I sincerely hope the season does come). ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Au contraire - we are expanding her horizons and providing musical edification, for which she will forever look back upon us very favorably. :D
Just what are you taking? It is us of whom you speak, mon ami! ;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She is going to be terrific whenever she returns. I still think she is the key to team’s success.
One of my biggest fears is that if Anna is not allowed to return, she will go pro if her country allows basketball to be played.:(

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
One of my biggest fears is that if Anna is not allowed to return, she will go pro if her country allows basketball to be played.:(

This could be naive of me, but I really feel like Anna is all-in. Even if something crazy happens this season, I think she sees/understands the value of the coaching and training and how it’ll both help her when she eventually plays professionally and will help to grow basketball in Poland.

Again, could be naive, but I think Anna sees the big picture.

Reaction Score
Notwithstanding the apparent improbability of a basketball season this year, I am fervently
hoping that we will see Anna and all the new freshmen in action for at least a dozen or so
games. We are such a young team that any competitive games that we can play this year
will really help us in becoming a team that can compete for a national championship next year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This could be naive of me, but I really feel like Anna is all-in. Even if something crazy happens this season, I think she sees/understands the value of the coaching and training and how it’ll both help her when she eventually plays professionally and will help to grow basketball in Poland.

Again, could be naive, but I think Anna sees the big picture.
I hope so.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Remiss of us not to bring in a height question at this time. When I originally saw this months ago I did a double take. I think Anna is taller than listed on the roster.

D is really cheating herself in the height department by going with the bun on the back of the head rather than on top. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom