Anna | The Boneyard

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well many of us were waiting for this. We saw Anna coming around. Today she exploded and so did UConn. Im not going into every detail because all of you in the other threads already have. However it seems to me that all those road games may have been part of the reason for UConn looking tired and sluggish which resulted in poor execution. Just maybe we have turned the corner. Everybody looked great today. We won by almost 60 and against any team thats unheard of espeically when you have your non starters playing the minutes they did.

We have heard what a great shooter Anna is. We have seen her poise patience and maturity on the floor. We needed another scorer and today we saw one. Just the fact that she dribbled drived, didnt hesitate taking a shot and scored 21 pts. Well the light went on today. Listening to her after the game she knows exactly what she needs to do and she knows how to do it and today she did it. Very mature for her age and her experience is coming through. She showed she can take over a game. She showed leadership and not deferring to other team mates. She took charge. This is her breakout game. She played with alot of confidence and poise.

The meat of the season is coming up and its gonna be exciting. Griff had a great nite again. Molly another great performance. Evelyn got more minutes and her confidence is building. The most important thing in this game is it built confidence in everybody and going into the Tenn game with SC and Oregon coming up we are in a pretty good place espeically mentally we are in a very good place.

We have Tenn on Thursday will a few days off to get ready and get rested. I dont expect anything less then what we saw today. In fact I expect an explosion on both sides of the ball. We scored over 90 pts and our bench got alot of minutes. I saw alot of smiles and alot of enthusiasm and that creates confidence. All I can say is WOW.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoyed every second of the blowout. Some great UCONN basketball on display. Megs came out with about 2 minutes left and didn't play in the 4th quarter so for much of it, we had Anna, Aubrey, Molly, Kyla and Evelyn on the floor. And we whuped them 23-8 in that quarter.

Remember in the past when we had all the subs in, even against "bad" teams, they would lose the 4th quarter, or at best, play even? This was so fun to see. Led by Anna and Aubrey. Oh and Anna has a COMPLETE game. She's solid on defense (steals, etc), a tremendous passer, really good with the ball, turning into a deadly 3-point shooter, and capable of taking the ball to the basket.

Anyone who thinks she isn't starting next year in favor of a certain incoming freshman is going to be very surprised.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Remember in the past when we had all the subs in, even against "bad" teams, they would lose the 4th quarter, or at best, play even? This was so fun to see

I made that point in a different thread...although Anna was a big part ofUConn's sub dominance, the fact that it occurred gives Geno added flexibility to rest starters as required (and more)
Hard to remember the last time that that happened

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Twice this week Geno has been complimentary of Anna's court sense and passing ability. Today he elaborated about the added dimension she brings to the back court with her height. I bet there was a very long distance phone call this afternoon.

Reaction Score
“Anna
You come and ask me, girl
To set you free, girl”
Anna appears to have gained some much needed confidence and hopefully she’ll feel free to show off all her talents against Tennessee and for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I looked up the lyrics translated into English. It is kinda the Kosovar version of "Jolene". Nice pick @Kaizen !
Yes, the lyrics:
Oh Anna, oh no no Anna
Don't love my love
I know you can't be fair
Oh Anna, oh no no Anna
Don't love my love
I know you can't be fair, oh

He's looking at you, he's looking at you
Ask yourself "Can I have it?"
He likes it, his eyes shine
She kills him and looks at me
And I say, and I say:
"Happiness is not my use
It depends what decision you make, in our hands, Anna "
She is beautiful, she is good
Her body has no comment, her lips like caramel
She is beautiful, she is good
Her body has no comment, her lips like caramel

Reaction Score
I love her fully hinged wrist release. Early in the season she was guiding shots, now she's dialed in to a point where she just looks and releases - rests her wrist on the rim, as the shooting teacher used to say.

I think she has a mid-range, pull-up jumper hidden in there somewhere, too.

Reaction Score
Just watched the Tulsa game again!
Such a fun game!
Anna Swish Mak was soooooo good!
Keep it up for the Orange game!

Reaction Score
Easy does it guys. I loved it also, but there was little or no competition. Let's hope that she has really broken out of her shell and we now have 4 players that other teams have to worry about.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Easy does it guys. I loved it also, but there was little or no competition. Let's hope that she has really broken out of her shell and we now have 4 players that other teams have to worry about.

So which of our core 4 did not make your list?

Reaction Score
There was little competition in first three quarters as well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Well many of us were waiting for this. We saw Anna coming around. Today she exploded and so did UConn. Im not going into every detail because all of you in the other threads already have. However it seems to me that all those road games may have been part of the reason for UConn looking tired and sluggish which resulted in poor execution. Just maybe we have turned the corner. Everybody looked great today. We won by almost 60 and against any team thats unheard of espeically when you have your non starters playing the minutes they did.

We have heard what a great shooter Anna is. We have seen her poise patience and maturity on the floor. We needed another scorer and today we saw one. Just the fact that she dribbled drived, didnt hesitate taking a shot and scored 21 pts. Well the light went on today. Listening to her after the game she knows exactly what she needs to do and she knows how to do it and today she did it. Very mature for her age and her experience is coming through. She showed she can take over a game. She showed leadership and not deferring to other team mates. She took charge. This is her breakout game. She played with alot of confidence and poise.

The meat of the season is coming up and its gonna be exciting. Griff had a great nite again. Molly another great performance. Evelyn got more minutes and her confidence is building. The most important thing in this game is it built confidence in everybody and going into the Tenn game with SC and Oregon coming up we are in a pretty good place espeically mentally we are in a very good place.

We have Tenn on Thursday will a few days off to get ready and get rested. I dont expect anything less then what we saw today. In fact I expect an explosion on both sides of the ball. We scored over 90 pts and our bench got alot of minutes. I saw alot of smiles and alot of enthusiasm and that creates confidence. All I can say is WOW.

please create titles that make sense. One word titles say very little about the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom