Angst About Recruiting on the Syracuse Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Angst About Recruiting on the Syracuse Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Syracuse should be a top priority in nonconference play, maybe even the top priority. I just think it makes way too much sense. We’ve seen some great smack talking between Louisville/Kentucky, Xavier/Cinci this off-season. I want that, just feels like a natural fit for our non conference schedule to play Cuse every year.
UConn-Syracuse is a positive for everyone involved

Reaction Score

I don’t even know if cuse was recruiting him hard but even if they were what did we expect lol

Does anyone know what happened with him and UConn?? I was hearing some buzz around him and UConn towards the end of last season and it sort of fizzled out. Just wondering

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened with him and UConn?? I was hearing some buzz around him and UConn towards the end of last season and it sort of fizzled out. Just wondering
Between the bigs UConn already has and Clingan being their number 1 priority at the 5 in 2022, there just wasn't room for him. If you take him in the 2021 class then does Clingan even consider UConn? Too bad because it sounds like he's going to be a really good player and in any other year UConn would probably be all over him.

Reaction Score
lets go marquette!
Between the bigs UConn already has and Clingan being their number 1 priority at the 5 in 2022, there just wasn't room for him.
yup. can't go sanogo micawber clingan back to back to back. none of them are one and dones and i'd rather have either sanogo or clingan over micawber (and obviosuly both sanogo and clingan)

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t even know if cuse was recruiting him hard but even if they were what did we expect lol
Reminds me of the new AC/DC song, "Kick In The Balls"

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Always gives me a chuckle when Syracuse fans lose out on another recruit and go right to either blaming the loss to another school paying them or their handlers, or say that they were cool on him and stopped recruiting him a few months back. It happens but it seems to happen to them every time!

Reaction Score
Always gives me a chuckle when Syracuse fans lose out on another recruit and go right to either blaming the loss to another school paying them or their handlers, or say that they were cool on him and stopped recruiting him a few months back. It happens but it seems to happen to them every time!
IE

Attachments

• E2538611-18F8-4967-B262-AD2AF720C458.jpeg
    E2538611-18F8-4967-B262-AD2AF720C458.jpeg
    804.2 KB · Views: 424
Reaction Score
I always thought that was BC exercising the "We're New England's team" card. Look where they are now.

Well, they are in New England, just not in the same realm as was implied in their slogan............ :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

One of the quotes I posted from their board had Anselem as superior to Etienne, so they were already preparing for the worst, but they sure sounded as if they wanted him. They were pretty cocky about Benny Williams potentially being another Carmelo and they can't understand why Chance Westry hasn't committed to them yet.

Reaction Score
If you take he 35,000 foot view, Syracuse is far down the second tier of major college basketball. Their lone NC came before today's recruits could walk or talk. They are an afterthought in their league, living on the periphery of the discussion for the ACC Championship. They can hang their hat on a couple of deep NCAA runs. But again, no one had them seriously in the discussion for an NCAA title.

They have other problems as well, the 2-3 zone, lake effect snow, a coach near retirement. That's not to say they cannot climb back into the national conversation. But right now the deck is stacked against them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you take he 35,000 foot view, Syracuse is far down the second tier of major college basketball. Their lone NC came before today's recruits could walk or talk. They are an afterthought in their league, living on the periphery of the discussion for the ACC Championship. They can hang their hat on a couple of deep NCAA runs. But again, no one had them seriously in the discussion for an NCAA title.
Both Cuse and BCU thought they pulled a fast one when they stuck the shiv into UConn. But the joke ended up on them. Neither AD has any juice at all while UConn is back in the spotlight.

Reaction Score
Both Cuse and BCU thought they pulled a fast one when they stuck the shiv into UConn. But the joke ended up on them. Neither AD has any juice at all while UConn is back in the spotlight.

They were blind and delusional. They couldn't, or wouldn't, see the strength of the ACC was the proximity of the rivals. Duke, Fake Class U, NC State, etc. bred interest and excitement.

The same could have resulted for Syracuse and BCU had they not gone off the deep end thinking they could own something without competition fueling the same issues that made the Triangle schools so successful.

Remember the days when BC had success in mens and womens basketball? Even the women went down the drain. It's been fun watching the swirl but it's getting old for me and I'm ready for our new successes that will come in the old neighborhood!

Reaction Score
Being a BC or Cuse fan is like being a NY Jets fan now. Only things going between those schools may be Cuse lacrosse and BC hockey.

Reaction Score
Being a BC or Cuse fan is like being a NY Jets fan now. Only things going between those schools may be Cuse lacrosse and BC hockey.

way to kick me when im down :(

Hopefully the jets are on the rise after Gase is fired and plethora of picks that they have. To Syrcause's credit, they are a far better college basketball team than the NY jets are a football team if that makes any sense.

Reaction Score
If i remember correctly there were some posters on the boneyard/twitter that were not speaking so positively about Donovan early in his recruitment saying he's not that skilled etc etc. VERY clearly, they were wrong but i think his dad read some of that and it didn't go over to well with him.

Exactly why Danny said "Our fan base has a huge social media presence and thats important.. when its positive".

It can be equally as important in a negative aspect too.
Nah nah nah, there were some really bad comments/attempted jokes about his high school if you know what I mean. It was a terrible look, I don’t know what the poster was thinking.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They were blind and delusional. They couldn't, or wouldn't, see the strength of the ACC was the proximity of the rivals. Duke, Fake Class U, NC State, etc. bred interest and excitement.
The ironic thing is that they both would be in better shape with us than they are without us. The 3 would have formed a northern block. Instead you have Pitt, Cuse and BCU on their own islands. And I swear Cuse would have more recent recruiting success against us if we were in the same conference. We have better basketball and the BET to offer. They have "you get to play Duke and UNC twice". Kinda how JC used to recruit when he first got here.

Reaction Score
The ironic thing is that they both would be in better shape with us than they are without us. The 3 would have formed a northern block. Instead you have Pitt, Cuse and BCU on their own islands. And I swear Cuse would have more recent recruiting success against us if we were in the same conference. We have better basketball and the BET to offer. They have "you get to play Duke and UNC twice". Kinda how JC used to recruit when he first got here.
Never understood the allure of Greensboro.

Reaction Score
way to kick me when im down :(

Hopefully the jets are on the rise after Gase is fired and plethora of picks that they have. To Syrcause's credit, they are a far better college basketball team than the NY jets are a football team if that makes any sense.
Jets might have an ownership issue.

Reaction Score
Jets might have an ownership issue.

They MOST DEFINITELY have an ownership issue along with a structure issue. If Woody Johnson comes back and gives the reigns to Joe Douglass i think that'll go a long way.

Reaction Score
It is true but they are both getting a very nice payday from ESPN which unfortunately UConn is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom