Angel No Angel | The Boneyard

Angel No Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Picks up her second foul... Miller subbed in to sit her down and she refuses to come out for a while. When she does she gestures dimissively to her coach. She put Miller and her coach in a bad position... embarrassing behavior. As great a player as she is, I will just never be a big fan.

In her interview going to halftime she chided Heather Cox for asking her about it.

Apologists will say she's just intense and passionate. There are better ways to express your passion. Same goes for Diana, BTW.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is intense and passionate, but still gets out of control at times. I don't like that aspect of her game. You would never see Sue or Maya doing that.

Reaction Score
NOT a fan. Never understood the "Honorary Husky" moniker. CD the elder would NEVER allow this poor sportsmanship!

Reaction Score
In a way, I'm glad it looks like Minny will be playing Atlanta...I hope the class act that is Minnesota will be able to humble MS M...but my heart does break for Catch...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Apparently McCoughtry's spoiled brat behavior wasn't cured at Louiseville, it was just suppressed. There are a lot of intense and passionate athletes. Most don't resort to such boorish behavior.
The really bad thing here is McCoughtry disrespecting the coach. Given what McCoughtry means to the team that puts the coach in a very bad situation. If the coach had any stones (yeah I know - figure of speech) McCoughtry would sit at the start of the first finals game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well maybe but i'm glad the Tennessee Fever were sent packing. Ely, Bobbitt and Catch - the equivalent of the UCONN Sun with Renee, Tina and Ashja. at least Maya and Charde are in the finals.

Reaction Score
Picks up her second foul... Miller subbed in to sit her down and she refuses to come out for a while. When she does she gestures dimissively to her coach. She put Miller and her coach in a bad position... embarrassing behavior. As great a player as she is, I will just never be a big fan.

In her interview going to halftime she chided Heather Cox for asking her about it.

Apologists will say she's just intense and passionate. There are better ways to express your passion. Same goes for Diana, BTW.

Really, really would like to see her pull this with Geno ... oops!

Reaction Score
well maybe but i'm glad the Tennessee Fever were sent packing. Ely, Bobbitt and Catch - the equivalent of the UCONN Sun with Renee, Tina and Ashja. at least Maya and Charde are in the finals.
Difference is that Ely, Bobbitt and Catch have matured and play with a sense of class...looks like the Minny Atlanta game will be scrappy and good TV but may be difficult to watch at times if certain players cannot remain within check emotionally...

Reaction Score
She is intense and passionate, but still gets out of control at times. I don't like that aspect of her game. You would never see Sue or Maya doing that.
Not Sue or Maya, but I seem to remember another Husky getting out of control recently.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Minnesota-Atlanta series should be great. These are the two best teams in the WNBA. I'm glad de Souza will be available for most of the series.

I questioned Minnesota against Phoenix because of its lack playoff experience and boy was I wrong.

Unlike Indiana, Minnesota has a really good point guard, takes care of the ball and won't struggle to score. Minnesota can also run with Atlanta.

Reaction Score
Not Sue or Maya, but I seem to remember another Husky getting out of control recently.
It is NEVER appropriate, no matter who is dishing it out. I love D when she is being a sportsman and playing like a champion - I do NOT love her when she is adding fuel to the fire for her detractors. By the WNBA level,these players are all role models, whether they choose to be or not, and should behave accordingly.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Yeah, I can see that happening next year at the Olympics........ NOTTTT !!!!! heheh Geno would tell her to hit the shower :p

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Difference is that Ely, Bobbitt and Catch have matured and play with a sense of class...looks like the Minny Atlanta game will be scrappy and good TV but may be difficult to watch at times if certain players cannot remain within check emotionally...

Catchings has injured multiple players in All Star Games due to her aggressive play. Hyper-aggressive play in an All Star Game when it injures others is uncalled for.

And it has happened in multiple All Star Games.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Catchings has injured multiple players in All Star Games due to her aggressive play. Hyper-aggressive play in an All Star Game when it injures others is uncalled for.

Penny Taylor almost lost an eye in this year's all-star game because of Catchings. So that wasn't the first time?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

right, but Catch doesn't curse or show the kind of emotion Diana and Angel show, so i guess it's OK. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sharing thoughts re: McCoughtry, she is what she is- a kid from a rough background in Baltimore. She couldn't qualify coming out of HS and had to go to prep school for a year. It was necessary for her to go to a school that "fit" her like Louisville. She's not going to be the polished, please suburbia Maya Moore. Her rough edges aren't going to go away, but they are also part of what makes her an incredible player. She was never going to beat out Maya for National Player of the Year her senior year, but I honestly thought she was the best player in the college game her senior year. Now as a pro, when she's engaged, I think she's one of the 10 best players in the world. Interesting that Maya and Angel's teams meet again for a championship. I still think Maya's team is better, but not as much as it was in college. We'll see what happens.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Sharing thoughts re: McCoughtry, she is what she is- a kid from a rough background in Baltimore. She couldn't qualify coming out of HS and had to go to prep school for a year. It was necessary for her to go to a school that "fit" her like Louisville. She's not going to be the polished, please suburbia Maya Moore. Her rough edges aren't going to go away, but they are also part of what makes her an incredible player. She was never going to beat out Maya for National Player of the Year her senior year, but I honestly thought she was the best player in the college game her senior year. Now as a pro, when she's engaged, I think she's one of the 10 best players in the world. Interesting that Maya and Angel's teams meet again for a championship. I still think Maya's team is better, but not as much as it was in college. We'll see what happens.

There are many kids from rough backgrounds in women's basketball. Both in the WNBA and in college. Some have played at UConn. Few behave like McCoughtry. McCoughtry's behavior isn't "tough kid" it's "spoiled brat".

Reaction Score
There are many kids from rough backgrounds in women's basketball. Both in the WNBA and in college. Some have played at UConn. Few behave like McCoughtry. McCoughtry's behavior isn't "tough kid" it's "spoiled brat".
You're right and some handle it better than others. Given where she's from, I don't know if I'd call her "spoiled" (that can happen in different ways), but I would give you very self-centered and a bit nuts.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What is clear is that Jeff Walz had a very positive impact on her when she was with L-ville.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
NOT a fan. Never understood the "Honorary Husky" moniker. CD the elder would NEVER allow this poor sportsmanship!

Agree. I never understood why she was referred to in that way... cause people liked her coach? Because she/they were highly touted and we wooped her team? I just Dunno.

The fact that Diana is a legendary Husky who was a primary delivererof multiple championships makes her current behavior even more hurtful and embarrassing.

Reaction Score
What is clear is that Jeff Walz had a very positive impact on her when she was with L-ville.

She was already very good by the time Walz got there. I'd say Tom Collen did pretty well by her too. Walz had to be one of the most fortunate coaches ever to walk into a team that had one of the top players on the planet already on the roster.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She was already very good by the time Walz got there. I'd say Tom Collen did pretty well by her too. Walz had to be one of the most fortunate coaches ever to walk into a team that had one of the top players on the planet already on the roster.
I am not talking about her hoops but her self control and behavior. I saw that change mostly under Walz.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Geno isn't coaching the Olympic team on deportment. He knows what and who Angel is and he likes her personally and professionally. If Angel acts up at the Olympics, he'll pull her out, tell her to calm down (to avoid any unnecessary fouls) then put her back in as long as she's effective.

Reaction Score
Geno isn't coaching the Olympic team on deportment. He knows what and who Angel is and he likes her personally and professionally. If Angel acts up at the Olympics, he'll pull her out, tell her to calm down (to avoid any unnecessary fouls) then put her back in as long as she's effective.

Exactly! If he says come out of the game, she WILL come out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom